+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Pembrokeshire Murders

Re: The Pembrokeshire Murders

Quote Originally Posted by Hometown Unicorn! View Post
    The Guardian gave it 4/5.

I really enjoyed it. I think the drama was toned down on purpose to reflect the painstaking reality of forensic investigation. It's not exciting but it's often the evidence that is key in a prosecution. It took them quite a few years to gather the DNA and other forensic evidence and put the pieces together, the whole mood reflected that for me. If you had Luke Evans getting massively animated and jumping over cars for no reason, wouldn't have been the story they were trying to tell.

Plus I liked that they used Port Talbot for the scummy scenes where the son lived
    They didn't show any of the forensic evidence during the trial stage of the programme though, the did set it out during the interrogation.

I spent a lot of episode 2 looking at my phone, but last night was think surely this cant end at 10.

Maybe the producers could have hyped it up, and made John Cooper win a speedboat in the Bullseye episode he appeared in.

I hoped itv would have shown the whole bullseye episode. Can't beat a bit of bully

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Keith Allen

Apart from the 2 main characters I thought the rest of the actors were shite, low budget Welsh actors.

The story itself he was one evil bastard John Cooper.
    Shite....

Low budget...

....and Welsh!

That just takes the biscuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    I hoped itv would have shown the whole bullseye episode. Can't beat a bit of bully
    Surprised that Tony Green wasn't cited as an accomplice as he was always there to help.

Why he killed the couple is a mystery. He should have known you get nothing for two in a bed.

Bad taste I know. I'll get my coat

I think it struggled over 3 episodes, there were a lot of dull moments. It's 3/5 & ok from me.

I was in Little Haven when they were shooting one of the early scenes. I did ask if they needed any extras!

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I think it struggled over 3 episodes, there were a lot of dull moments. It's 3/5 & ok from me.
    The last bit tonite should be more interesting. Purely a documentary I believe.
    I think the series fell between two stools of trying to be both a documentary or a drama, and it didn't quite succeed.

It wasn't a great advertisement for coastal walking...

Watched all three episodes this afternoon which must prove it wasn’t bad, but I think the middle range markings some have given are about right.

You're a City fan Des.

You should be used to a lot of dull moments!

Thought it was good tv. Keith Allen wrote ‘World in Motion’

Watching the documentary, I was shocked to discover that the 'brilliant barrister' who prosecuted Cooper - Gerard Elias - was a year or so above me in skool and I was in the same class as his brother. I wonder if he'd look at me now and wish he'd gone down the same path in life as me. 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    I was in Little Haven when they were shooting one of the early scenes. I did ask if they needed any extras!
    I was down at Broadhaven at the end of July. We walked round to Little Haven at low tide then back along the coast road. Didnt see any filming but recognised Wales' answer to Royston Vasey straight away in The Pembrokeshire Murders. Looks nice does Little Haven but you wouldn't want to wander too far from a well lit place on a dark night in winter with the mist rolling in off the sea. I have it on good authority that strangers arent welcome.

I used to cash his cheques and those of the judge John Griffith Williams when I worked at Natwest bank in Park Place (now sadly a cafe) when they were both young barristers.

Both charming gentlemen. Both by reputation fearsome to face in court

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    I was down at Broadhaven at the end of July. We walked round to Little Haven at low tide then back along the coast road. Didnt see any filming but recognised Wales' answer to Royston Vasey straight away in The Pembrokeshire Murders. Looks nice does Little Haven but you wouldn't want to wander too far from a well lit place on a dark night in winter with the mist rolling in off the sea. I have it on good authority that strangers arent welcome.
    Lol
    I live down this way and I am more than welcoming to strangers, particularly if they have boobies like Toyah. 😀

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    I used to cash his cheques and those of the judge John Griffith Williams when I worked at Natwest bank in Park Place (now sadly a cafe) when they were both young barristers.

Both charming gentlemen. Both by reputation fearsome to face in court
    I worked in the Tax Office dealing with the chambers in Park Place. Not saying anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Hinterland isn’t real !!!!!!

They did stick to the same words that were actually spoken at the time.

There are people out there, still alive, who were all consulted, before this was aired.

Watch, The Making of the Pembrokeshire Murders tonight, it might just change your mind

Excellent viewing

PS:—-/ The actual leading officer was in the final scenes when the verdict was read out
    I watched The Making of....this morning. Chilling seeing the real interviews and arrest taking place. The lasting impression is "one or the other". Of the two, the documentary was better. The dramatised version just didnt cut it for me, overall. I was comparing the acting/production of Hinterland and Pembs Murders. The former was far better IMHO.

I assume bits that would have been cut, was stretched out to pay for Luke Evans

Bloody good actor mind

I watched The Making of....this morning. Chilling seeing the real interviews and arrest taking place. The lasting impression is "one or the other". Of the two, the documentary was better. The dramatised version just didnt cut it for me, overall. I was comparing the acting/production of Hinterland and Pembs Murders. The former was far better IMHO.

Again, Hinterland wasn’t real and there were victims and victims families at home watching how events took place. It wasn’t acting as such, IT WAS REAL LIFE

I walk those lanes all the time....it’s Mary you need to look out for on a foggy night

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    Watching the documentary, I was shocked to discover that the 'brilliant barrister' who prosecuted Cooper - Gerard Elias - was a year or so above me in skool and I was in the same class as his brother. I wonder if he'd look at me now and wish he'd gone down the same path in life as me. 🤔
    ..I used to live in Carisbrooke Way..went to school with a David Elias..1970...73..any relation?