+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frederic Guilbert

Frederic Guilbert

It's great that we only sign 'aces' or 'stars'.
    Cardiff linked with move for Aston Villa ace amid Boro and Bristol City interest

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...wsApp_AppShare

Re: Frederic Guilbert

Played 25 PL games for Villa last season but hasnt had a sniff this season.

Cant say ive ever seen him play so dont know if hes any good.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Played 25 PL games for Villa last season but hasnt had a sniff this season.

Cant say ive ever seen him play so dont know if hes any good.
    I liked him last season, got a good engine on him but I can't say i've seen too much of him. Not surprising Cash is keeping him out though, he's terrific. I dont think we should be looking to get more loanees, though. I don't really see the point.

Ooo nearly another Kerrea Gilbert

Loan move presumably
    this would make a lot of sense

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Loan move presumably
    this would make a lot of sense
    It makes sense if we have done a deal to sign the Crewe lad in the summer.

Osei-Tutu was substituted before half-time playing for the Under-23s on Monday. I wonder if he's injured again.

I’d prefer Frédéric Gounongbe

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I’d prefer Frédéric Gounongbe
    no you wouldn't

I can’t help feeling that this might just be paper talk to try and force Crewe’s hand on the Ng transfer.

Heisenberg

It's a no-brainer. We literally don't have a fit right back at the club. Whether it's a loan or a permanent deal, we need to bring somebody in and the simple fact is that Guilbert is much better at playing as a right back than Bacuna is.

Get him here sharpish.

Heisenberg

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...for-a-new-club

Speaking of right backs... here's an interesting Danny Simpson interview.

Says all of the right things about his fitness and mentality.

I also didn't realise the impact he had on Huddersfield's turnaround when he joined them last season.

One cloud that will hang over him, in my opinion, is his conviction for assaulting his girlfriend a few years ago. That has massively tarnished my opinion of him.

I don't know too much about the lad but in NH's defence he has brought in some decent players in his short time here. Whether he knows what to do with them once they've been signed is another matter altogether though.

Guilbert has always been impressive when I've seen him play, as Pedro says he's got a good engine and likes to overlap. It would be a yes from me.

I still think we missed a trick not considering Kieron Freeman when Sheff Utd released him. He's got bags of experience and can play anywhere on the right.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    no you wouldn't
    No you’re right

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    I still think we missed a trick not considering Kieron Freeman when Sheff Utd released him. He's got bags of experience and can play anywhere on the right.
    Hes had very serious injuries and hes just signed for Swindon bottom of League 1.

Guilbert rejects Villa loan to Istanbul Basaksehir

https://www.footballinsider247.com/e...deal-lined-up/

(Post about Nottingham Forest's recent transfer planning):

This is exactly what a club with zero strategy on who they want to be and what they want to be looks like.

Having worked in football long enough now I understand recruitment is fluid. You don't just highlight specfic targets and chase them. Situations change, players become available or not fast and sometimes you end up with 3rd or 4th choice, and that's fine.

However to have a list of players with zero consistency in their playing profile, with zero knowledge on affordability or availability and not looking at bigger picture of a playing style to create is extremely poor. We can all outwardly see Forest are in danger of....

Becoming a club with zero identity, zero consistency and a club easy to pick up wages from. A clear defined strategy avoids all that: https://twitter.com/Blades_analytic/...78975579852800
    Can we at least recognise that all the players at RB's, and RB's we're linked with, since Harris has come come in are of a similar mold of player and therefore we do have a strategy/identity for that area of the pitch?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    Has played centre half on occasion, too. Wonder if they'll want him in for tomorrow? Hello, nice to meet you, you're starting out of position at centre half

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Can we at least recognise that all the players at RB's, and RB's we're linked with, since Harris has come come in are of a similar mold of player and therefore we do have a strategy/identity for that area of the pitch?
    Every player we are linked with is very similar and Harris has only signed one dud. He's got Ojo, Wilson, Moore, JOT, Adomah, Sanderson and Smith right. He wants attacking full backs and wingers that can play. They're taking a calculated gamble on Watters but I'm genuinely excited about it. It's better than the crushing disappointment of signing Flint for 6m and then him being exactly what you expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Every player we are linked with is very similar and Harris has only signed one dud. He's got Ojo, Wilson, Moore, JOT, Adomah, Sanderson and Smith right. He wants attacking full backs and wingers that can play. They're taking a calculated gamble on Watters but I'm genuinely excited about it. It's better than the crushing disappointment of signing Flint for 6m and then him being exactly what you expected.
    Sometimes we have people asking why we didn't sign Gunter over the summer. In hindsight it's a position we probably needed more cover in but that's because Bacuna is needed in midfield and not because he doesn't fit the RB role this team employs. If we assume Bennett (trusted to play at CB on last weekend) and Bagan (played CB at youth level, may end up there for senior side) are going to be our LB's next year then it suggests we've got an identity for that area of the pitch too.

Regarding Harris' transfer activity as a whole, I'm not sure extending Nelson will be seen as good in a few years but think it was the right move at the time and the rest of the activity has been good despite reducing squad depth for this year being a risk. Moodybluebird's post (and I'm paraphrasing) above that the lingering question is whether we have the right manager to bring out the best of them when they're through the door is, I think, a fair one.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Sometimes we have people asking why we didn't sign Gunter over the summer. In hindsight it's a position we probably needed more cover in but that's because Bacuna is needed in midfield and not because he doesn't fit the RB role this team employs. If we assume Bennett (trusted to play at CB on last weekend) and Bagan (played CB at youth level, may end up there for senior side) are going to be our LB's next year then it suggests we've got an identity for that area of the pitch too.

Regarding Harris' transfer activity as a whole, I'm not sure extending Nelson will be seen as good in a few years but think it was the right move at the time and the rest of the activity has been good despite reducing squad depth for this year being a risk. Moodybluebird's post (and I'm paraphrasing) above that the lingering question is whether we have the right manager to bring out the best of them when they're through the door is, I think, a fair one.
    In fairness, not signing a right back was mental at the time and has been proven as such. He also rushed back JOT (and has done again).

We had to extend Nelson, he signed a 2 year deal and he is still our second best centre back. He's a defender's defender and we couldn't risk letting him walk for free next summer. Whether Harris is the right man is very much up for debate but his recruitment has been pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    In fairness, not signing a right back was mental at the time and has been proven as such. He also rushed back JOT (and has done again).

We had to extend Nelson, he signed a 2 year deal and he is still our second best centre back. He's a defender's defender and we couldn't risk letting him walk for free next summer. Whether Harris is the right man is very much up for debate but his recruitment has been pretty good.
    Harris obviously thought Bacuna who has played RB for Villa and Reading in the Premier League would be an able backup but like when he plays in midfield he is inconsistent!