+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whyte to Hull

Re: Whyte to Hull

In the short term, we don't have the biggest squad so cutting a player even for a limited period of time is a risky move. He appeared to be one who Harris was trying to build up into a productive player this season.

In the longer term, Gavin Whyte has one of the longest contracts at the club (he's in the Bacuna club as is Nelson, Moore and Phillips to give you an idea) and he needs a run of games to turn potential into performance and then regular performances.

We have players in the youth set up that can fill in wide when needed.

Whyte should have been out on loan all season.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    In the short term, we don't have the biggest squad so cutting a player even for a limited period of time is a risky move. He appeared to be one who Harris was trying to build up into a productive player this season.

In the longer term, Gavin Whyte has one of the longest contracts at the club (he's in the Bacuna club as is Nelson, Moore and Phillips to give you an idea) and he needs a run of games to turn potential into performance and then regular performances.
    Whyte is contracted until 2023? Christ, at least he'll be useful in League One for us in his final season

Bad transfer all round. How much was spent on him? 1m?

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Bad transfer all round. How much was spent on him? 1m?
    £2m

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    £2m
    christ

wonder who is agent is

christ

wonder who is agent is
    That’s exactly the question that crossed my mind given previous dealings. However, the Transfermarket website which usually mentions player agents does not do so for Gavin Whyte.

christ

wonder who is agent is
    Stephen Whelan and the Murdock Sports Group according to the Belfast Telegraph https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/s...-38361006.html

I agree with you it's risky and worries me considering our injury history of late and subs management. I wouldn't send him out on loan when we could be in a real scrap as the season ends. Depends what Harris has up his sleeve re. a replacement. I'm not a fan of too many loan players and actually don't want another one signed - at least the contracted players are City players and we're not going to be doing much this season so may as well develop the lad. I know I'll probably be in the minority here.

christ

wonder who is agent is
    [I]
    Cardiff City paid Oxford United £1.98m for Gavin Whyte
    Brentford paid Oxford United £675k for Tariqe Fosu-Henry.

Probably sold magic beans as well

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    [I]
    Cardiff City paid Oxford United £1.98m for Gavin Whyte
    Brentford paid Oxford United £675k for Tariqe Fosu-Henry.

Probably sold magic beans as well
    An argument against changing manager: paying off Harris and backroom staff is money better spent on scouting systems.

An argument against changing manager: paying off Harris and backroom staff is money better spent on scouting systems.
    Harris didn't sign these players. In fairness to Harris, he rebuilt the scouting and his recruitment has been good.