+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Euro 2020 tickets t&c’s update

Euro 2020 tickets t&c’s update

Worth a read if you’ve received the UEFA mail today, first time they’ve referred to capacity reductions

Summary of changes

Ticket transfer for medical reasons

Should you or your guests no longer be able to attend UEFA EURO 2020™ for medical reasons, including COVID-19, you will have the option to transfer the ticket(s) to friends or family members.

Sanitary measures and country specific regulations

All ticket holders will be required to observe any sanitary measures and policies which are in place in the context of COVID-19 at the UEFA EURO 2020™ stadiums, or which are required to gain access to the UEFA EURO 2020™ stadiums. In addition, the terms and conditions now make it clear that ticket holders will be obliged to comply with any specific official rules that are applicable when entering any of the UEFA EURO 2020™ host countries from abroad.

Fan ID – Saint Petersburg

Fans attending matches in Saint Petersburg (including Russian citizens and residents) will require a FAN ID to enter the stadium. The FAN ID is also considered as a visa for non-Russian citizens and residents.

Privacy and data

The privacy notification and privacy provisions of the ticketing terms and conditions have also been amended to reflect the current COVID-19 situation, specifically with regards to sanitary measures.

Stadium capacity restrictions and refunds

In the event UEFA has to cancel your ticket order(s) as a result of a stadium capacity reduction or as a result of the match having to be played ‘behind closed doors’, the refund policy now specifies that you will be entitled to receive a full refund of your ticket price.

The refund policy also now specifically refers to a ‘pandemic’ in the definition of force majeure.

You can find more information about the changes in our FAQs.

Re: Euro 2020 tickets t&c’s update

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Worth a read if you’ve received the UEFA mail today, first time they’ve referred to capacity reductions

Summary of changes

Should you or your guests no longer be able to attend UEFA EURO 2020™ for medical reasons, including COVID-19, you will have the option to transfer the ticket(s) to friends or family members.

All ticket holders will be required to observe any sanitary measures and policies which are in place in the context of COVID-19 at the UEFA EURO 2020™ stadiums, or which are required to gain access to the UEFA EURO 2020™ stadiums. In addition, the terms and conditions now make it clear that ticket holders will be obliged to comply with any specific official rules that are applicable when entering any of the UEFA EURO 2020™ host countries from abroad.

Fans attending matches in Saint Petersburg (including Russian citizens and residents) will require a FAN ID to enter the stadium. The FAN ID is also considered as a visa for non-Russian citizens and residents.

Privacy and data

The privacy notification and privacy provisions of the ticketing terms and conditions have also been amended to reflect the current COVID-19 situation, specifically with regards to sanitary measures.

In the event UEFA has to cancel your ticket order(s) as a result of a stadium capacity reduction or as a result of the match having to be played ‘behind closed doors’, the refund policy now specifies that you will be entitled to receive a full refund of your ticket price.

The refund policy also now specifically refers to a ‘pandemic’ in the definition of force majeure.

Wonder how they’ll deal with capacity restrictions if they apply. Back to the points system or luck if the draw?

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post

Summary of changes

Privacy and data

Just 5 months away and looking dodgy as far as fans attending are concerned. Hardly worth re-booking a flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Just 5 months away and looking dodgy as far as fans attending are concerned. Hardly worth re-booking a flight.
    I have a Italy ticket, gonna get my money back. No way is this going ahead with fans and to be fully appreciated. If by some miracle covid blows over i'll take my chances for a ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    I have a Italy ticket, gonna get my money back. No way is this going ahead with fans and to be fully appreciated. If by some miracle covid blows over i'll take my chances for a ticket.
    Sadly , I think I will be doing likewise as I just can’t see fans being allowed to travel all around Europe never mind 50000 fans in a stadium when we might be still in lockdown even if it is Tier 3 going into April

I feel like this is probably the last opportunity to get a refund? I wonder what their policy will be if you can technically get there but suffer great expense/hassle?

I’m living in Australia at the moment so I think the best I could hope for is being allowed re-entry and the $2500 quarantine fee. Seems very excessive for a couple of football matches that may not even go ahead. I don’t think I have much choice but to get a refund.

Already gotten shot of the Azerbaijan tickets last time round, although they were very reasonable. Think I’ll be getting rid of the Rome ones in the next week or so.

It’s looking like the very best that could be hoped for is a reduced capacity with a very different atmosphere to the exuberance of 2016 in the nearby bars and osterie.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I think you are right TBG.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    I think you are right TBG.
    Spedger
    It happens very occasionally. I'll be getting refunds too.....