+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FAO Jimmy The Jock , Broken hip

FAO Jimmy The Jock , Broken hip

As with your mother , my old dear has done the same !

5 weeks in hospital with pneumonia in Bridgend, came out on Monday, at home for 2 hours , falls over , breaks her hip

Surgeons did a pin and plate operation on her

Whats the prognosis ?

Nurse was saying they get the poor old things up and moving and get them into residential rehab nursing care homes if needed?

My old dear is on a death mission 💀

Re: FAO Jimmy The Jock , Broken hip

When I my mother in law did it they got her up an moving as soon as possible, sent an OT to her house to assess it and got various stuff fitted, stair lift, grab handles etc and sent her home. She was in hospital about three weeks and had a nurse visiting at home for while

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    When I my mother in law did it they got her up an moving as soon as possible, sent an OT to her house to assess it and got various stuff fitted, stair lift, grab handles etc and sent her home. She was in hospital about three weeks and had a nurse visiting at home for while
    Nice one Mr m , its not like the old days eh

I have to say the Princess Of Wales Bridgend is a fantastic hospital

Bridgend , Port Talbot, Neath and Swansea Singleton and Morriston are great , Heath is a nightmare I hear

Unless she's been vaccinated, a residential care home is the last thing you want.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Unless she's been vaccinated, a residential care home is the last thing you want.
    Shes already had covid the mad old fanny

Shes indestructible

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Nice one Mr m , its not like the old days eh

I have to say the Princess Of Wales Bridgend is a fantastic hospital

Bridgend , Port Talbot, Neath and Swansea Singleton and Morriston are great , Heath is a nightmare I hear
    Note to Drakeford ( fix hospitals ) after that then do the not so critical stuff

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Note to Drakeford ( fix hospitals ) after that then do the not so critical stuff
    More money needed from central government to do that

You can't build a wall without any bricks

Who says the Heath is a nightmare Sludge?

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Who says the Heath is a nightmare Sludge?
    almost everyone I know who has been there , the location is dreadful , access is terrible and parking is a nightmare

And its massive

I hear there are plans to build a super hospital on the M4 link road , makes sense to me

5 weeks in hospital with pneumonia in Bridgend, came out on Monday, at home for 2 hours , falls over , breaks her hip

Whats the prognosis ?

Nurse was saying they get the poor old things up and moving and get them into residential rehab nursing care homes if needed?

My old dear is on a death mission 💀
    when they were teaching me to walk again a few years ago there is a good rehab care home in bryncae mate no spare room when i was needing it though so cant help more than that if its near enough for you good luck with everything

Whats the prognosis ?

My old dear is on a death mission ��
    Like yours , mine is indestructible. Smokes like a chimney again (just had the kitchen done whilst she was in hospital walls were disgraceful) )
    Fell over after boxing day , has had her ups and downs in hospital . The mobile phone has been an absolute boon for keeping in touch .
    She seemed quite excited that there was covid 19 in her ward on Monday, she has since tested negative , other on the ward weren't so lucky . Apparently the lady in the bed next to her refused the test , but she is still there in the bed next to her .

She started in the Heath and they were fantastic , she has since been moved to Llandough for physiotherapy ,if I am being honest they do seem to have a bit more time and have kept me fully informed of my mums progress. I felt terrible for the poor nurse who had to ring me and tell me there was covid in my mums ward , she kept apologising even after I asked her not to .

So its fingers crossed .

Hope your mum is ok Sludge . Mine is my biggest fan and I would like it not to be her time yet .

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    when they were teaching me to walk again a few years ago there is a good rehab care home in bryncae mate no spare room when i was needing it though so cant help more than that if its near enough for you good luck with everything
    By Llanharan, just up the road , great mate , cheers 🍻

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Like yours , mine is indestructible. Smokes like a chimney again (just had the kitchen done whilst she was in hospital walls were disgraceful) )
    Fell over after boxing day , has had her ups and downs in hospital . The mobile phone has been an absolute boon for keeping in touch .
    She seemed quite excited that there was covid 19 in her ward on Monday, she has since tested negative , other on the ward weren't so lucky . Apparently the lady in the bed next to her refused the test , but she is still there in the bed next to her .

She started in the Heath and they were fantastic , she has since been moved to Llandough for physiotherapy ,if I am being honest they do seem to have a bit more time and have kept me fully informed of my mums progress. I felt terrible for the poor nurse who had to ring me and tell me there was covid in my mums ward , she kept apologising even after I asked her not to .

So its fingers crossed .

Hope your mum is ok Sludge . Mine is my biggest fan and I would like it not to be her time yet .
    aye they are like battering rams some of them eh

Mines had a blood transfusion because she lost a lot during the operation

She is a tough old sod though , she's in a lot of pain and has been offered oromorph but is sticking with paracetamol even though the nurses are telling her to take the morphine

Bridgend hospital is bloody great to be fair

Said physios will be in next week

Bluebirds !

aye they are like battering rams some of them eh

Mines had a blood transfusion because she lost a lot during the operation

She is a tough old sod though , she's in a lot of pain and has been offered oromorph but is sticking with paracetamol even though the nurses are telling her to take the morphine

Bridgend hospital is bloody great to be fair

Said physios will be in next week

Bluebirds !
    Wow that is brave . Paracetomal.

Just been told the patients who tested positive are still in the ward . No where to take them .

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Wow that is brave . Paracetomal.

Just been told the patients who tested positive are still in the ward . No where to take them .
    I think she will crack

Keep trusting those doctors and nurses mate 👍