+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Stopping players celebrating 'a joke' - Harris

Stopping players celebrating 'a joke' - Harris

"Former Millwall and Cardiff striker Harris believes it is impossible to control goal celebrations, though he has found a way with his players in recent times....."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55666749

Re: Stopping players celebrating 'a joke' - Harris

Getting a group of footballers playing in an empty stadium to act responsibly is "impossible"? Jesus.

“But if they are that worried about, it stop the game. Stop playing.”

Someone wants to keep their job longer

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    "Former Millwall and Cardiff striker Harris believes it is impossible to control goal celebrations, though he has found a way with his players in recent times....."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55666749
    Players could just sign for us and stop scoring.

The situation is wonderfully democratic: the teams scoring the most goals will end up with depleted squads.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Players could just sign for us and stop scoring.
    Lol. I was waiting for that!

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Getting a group of footballers playing in an empty stadium to act responsibly is "impossible"? Jesus.
    The whole suggestion of stopping them celebrating together is laughable though. They're training together every day and spending 90 minutes playing a contact sport, why stop them giving each other a high five?

Also does he actually say impossible? The reporter claims he does but none of the quotes in the article actually say that

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    The whole suggestion of stopping them celebrating together is laughable though. They're training together every day and spending 90 minutes playing a contact sport, why stop them giving each other a high five?

Also does he actually say impossible? The reporter claims he does but none of the quotes in the article actually say that
    We've got 1500 people dying every day, so naturally it's the fault of footballers.

I think he told them to stop celebrating about 5 games ago !

It's not a high five though is it, it's a big group cuddle. I know it's inconsistent, a lot of Covid related things are, but I guess the reasoning is that physical contact is necessary to play the game but they should minimise it when they don't have to be doing it.

It's very easy to find a lot of "yeah but what about" in Covid regulations but I can see what their thinking is here

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    It's not a high five though is it, it's a big group cuddle. I know it's inconsistent, a lot of Covid related things are, but I guess the reasoning is that physical contact is necessary to play the game but they should minimise it when they don't have to be doing it.

It's very easy to find a lot of "yeah but what about" in Covid regulations but I can see what their thinking is here
    How about they tell people in offices to stop going into work to stop scrums on the tube in London where they think 1 in 20 actually has covid and aren't regularly tested? Oh no, they're not an easy target.

It's been a fair old while since he's seen his team celebrating, can he remember if we did or don't. I can't!

Seriously though, whats the matter with these people
    I've thought for a while that they were sending out the wrong message to viewers their having these group huddles.

A high five should surely be enough. It's not like there's 50 thousand there to celebrate with.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We've got 1500 people dying every day, so naturally it's the fault of footballers.
    Its just more deflection from the government's failings and footballers have been a reliably easy target. Its happened constantly throughout the pandemic, they've blamed every group going except the people actually making the decisions

They're playing a sport in close contact with each other for 90 minutes, sweating and breathing in close proximity, but a cuddle is where we draw the line? Its just more deflection tactics to take attention away from real issues

Its just more deflection from the government's failings and footballers have been a reliably easy target. Its happened constantly throughout the pandemic, they've blamed every group going except the people actually making the decisions
    The correlation between footballers wages and that of nurses always makes me chuckle. Like footballers pay has a bearing on Health Workers pay and conditions. It's an odd one, footballers are predominantly from working class backgrounds, surely their pay filters down to family and friends who are from the same social background as them? The super rich are lauded in this country, even though they play by their own rules, celebrated because they create jobs etc, like having a work force is something that they decided to do, it was never a necessity in order to gain unfathomable wealth! A bunch of working class lads start doing very well, thank you very much, there's shit to play.

I don’t go making a song and dance with my workmates when I do something i’m Paid to do. Just acknowledge the fact you’ve just scored , get back to the halfway line and start again. What could be any more easier than that ? Prefer the old days any day of the week, when footballers were men, and not overpaid Nancy boys like they all appear to be today. For the amount of money they earn, I really don’t think it’s too much to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    How about they tell people in offices to stop going into work to stop scrums on the tube in London where they think 1 in 20 actually has covid and aren't regularly tested? Oh no, they're not an easy target.
    I'm not sure if the FA have jurisdiction over the London Underground

If they are safe enough to play and grapple with the opposition, what’s the problem with congratulations? More deflection from the real cause - ineffective central government.

I'm not sure if the FA have jurisdiction over the London Underground
    There is outrage in the media over this, and not over the underground (except to blame people getting on the tube at 7am). Quite simply, there's more media interest in footballers hugging who get tested twice a week instead of the 1500 deaths a day. It's backward.

It’s the media shit stirring again asking Harris his take on goal celebrations, I wonder where WOL stand on rugby tackling and scrums.