+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Max Watters - SIGNING CONFIRMED

Re: Max Watters

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    That's where Sir Neil did his best business for us.
    Yeah that's absolutely true Eric. You're right to point that out.

Unfortunately it was his expensive buys which were rubbish .

I don't want to list them because I don't like to knock players but I can't help saying Gary Madine!!! There were plenty of others too, and really you can't help thinking that for the millions he paid we should be a fantastic team.

On the whole we shouldn't be dipping into the lower leagues for first team bargains , although we should certainly be bringing guys like this one in and bringing them on. He might be a revelation and I think in his case that's possible , but he might be ruined if he's dropped straight in the deep end against much quicker defenders because that'd ruin his confidence.
    Actually I think that happened to Gavin Whyte a bit , while it had the opposite effect on Curtis Nelson, who'd been his team mate.

Mind you, I don't want or mean to be negative about this boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We have bought better from the lower leagues than the Championship.
    Bold call. Need to explain

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Curtis Nelson....

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    NML, Etheridge and Nelson have all been successes. Vassell, Flint, Vaulks, Murphy, Reid, Cunningham and many more have not. We've spent 2m on players from League One and below and we've got one dud. We've spent about £50m on the others and maybe 2/3 good players?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    The future......

We might get to see him play LIVE then. (about)

Re: Max Watters - SIGNING CONFIRMED

After putting pen to paper at Cardiff City Stadium, Max said: "When I first found out about Cardiff's interest I was immediately attracted to it. Wales is a lovely place to live, so it came down to that really.

"As a striker, you've got to score goals, and that's what I'm here to do.

"It's a big game at home against QPR in midweek. It's a shame that fans can't be here so I can play in front of them. Hopefully I'm involved and hopefully we can get the win."

Didn't go to Beddau obviously

Tan backs his manager yet again despite his knockers! Let’s hope he’s better than our last Managers signed Striker’s, Madine 6m, Ward 2m, Whyte 2m, Murphy £11m, Reid10m, Bogle 1m, Glatzel 6m, and of course the unfortunate Sala 15m that’s an astonishing £53m on front men alone and none established themselves as regulars in our team! Harris has signed Moore2m and Watters 1m, just £3m and Moore has already proved to be our best striker since Boothroyd! let’s hope our new signing is our new Chopra!

According to Rob Phillips, there are likely to be others coming in. I think anybody wanting Harris to go in the near future will be disappointed.

After putting pen to paper at Cardiff City Stadium, Max said: "When I first found out about Cardiff's interest I was immediately attracted to it. Wales is a lovely place to live, so it came down to that really.

"It's a big game at home against QPR in midweek. It's a shame that fans can't be here so I can play in front of them. Hopefully I'm involved and hopefully we can get the win."

'Wales is a lovely place to live' Brilliant, i love him already.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    'Wales is a lovely place to live' Brilliant, i love him already.
    Have you ever been to Crawley?

Probably hardly been to Wales in general to be fair, outside of an away match.

It's like he feels he has to say something nice but doesn't really know what.

All the best Max, hope you enjoy your stay and score plenty, even 10 and you could be one of our best for a decade.

Poor,sod, his goals going to dry up now.

Really wish we sorted the real issue before signing players.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    He looks a bit like a younger, shorter, less experienced Glatzel. Good finisher. Good short passer. Poor in the air.

I hope that is underselling him. If he comes....
    Could this mean that City may try to offload Glatzel in the summer

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Apparently Crawley are a man down striker wise.........oh hang on, I said striker!!!!

[QUOTE=DubaiDai;5156705]Could this mean that City may try to offload Glatzel tomorrow.

FYP

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Can try all we like but he's here until end of 2021-'22 season unless someone comes in with an offer. Not necessarily a bad thing either as long as his role is coming off the bench or as part of squad rotation - he's still got something to offer us.

Seems bizarre that no scout at our level thought he was worth a punt last summer even just to nurture him in the u23s. Maybe he had that option but preferred to get some games at a lower league team, or needed that kind of stint to get his game together. Not meant to be a criticism but rather an observation about the weird world of football.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Tan backs his manager yet again despite his knockers! Let’s hope he’s better than our last Managers signed Striker’s, Madine 6m, Ward 2m, Whyte 2m, Murphy £11m, Reid10m, Bogle 1m, Glatzel 6m, and of course the unfortunate Sala 15m that’s an astonishing £53m on front men alone and none established themselves as regulars in our team! Harris has signed Moore2m and Watters 1m, just £3m and Moore has already proved to be our best striker since Boothroyd! let’s hope our new signing is our new Chopra!
    I remember thinking at the time what a load of dross strikers Sheffield United bought when he was there

2005-2007 he bought 6 centre-forwards (I didn't count any loans/free ones). some of them not diddies.
    In all, it seems he's spent ~150m in transfers during his career.

Reflecting on yesterday's game, slight concern that we've bought a player who appears more similar to Glatzel than Moore. Our game plan seems to be Moore; Moore with one of Harris, Glaztel or Watters; or, if Moore is out, struggle. Glatzel and Harris hinted at some nice interplay in pre-season so maybe Harris and Watters, with the latter's better goal-scoring form this season, is something to develop going forward whether that's part of a traditional 442, a diamond (as soon as we have a more mobile midfield), or maybe try three at the back again.

Probably too negative a post for someone so young who I have never seen play.

I hope the lad gets a chance sooner rather than later.

He is on fire at the moment and while it's a big ask to ask him to step up, the reality is it's a risk we have to take because the current players are just not doing it.

how tall is he