+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Max Watters - SIGNING CONFIRMED

Re: Max Watters

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    What's the YouTube verdict?
    Welcome to Cardiff City Max Watters. In all seriousness, the ball hits the back of the net a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FIGQXWIxeE

Is he injured? Criminal record and due in court? Cant be as straightforward as signing a half decent player. It's not the Cardiff City way.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55678130

not good in the air, but has been on fire with his finishing.

Could be a good young talent, or an average player who happens to have been on a hot streak - will be exciting to find out

Interesting to see that one of only two players in front of Watters in the League Two scoring charts is former City striker Danny Johnson.

I know virtually nothing of Watters, but his CV is of the sort of player I don’t think we have signed enough of in recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Interesting to see that one of only two players in front of Watters in the League Two scoring charts is former City striker Danny Johnson.

I know virtually nothing of Watters, but his CV is of the sort of player I don’t think we have signed enough of in recent years.
    as in there's a potential upside to his value?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Welcome to Cardiff City Max Watters. In all seriousness, the ball hits the back of the net a lot.

Let's hope we can create enough chances for him. Creativity in open play has been not far off zero this season.

Not one from a long throw in or a corner though. Crawley seemed to be doing something called "passing" which led to a few goals. Could be a culture shock for the lad.
    Welcome to the mad house, Max, presuming you sign.

He looks a bit like a younger, shorter, less experienced Glatzel. Good finisher. Good short passer. Poor in the air.

I hope that is underselling him. If he comes....

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    He looks a bit like a younger, shorter, less experienced Glatzel. Good finisher. Good short passer. Poor in the air.

I hope that is underselling him. If he comes....
    His YouTube goals video reminded me very much of Glatzel's when he signed....defenders in rapid retreat as a result of quick passes from the back. Get Tomlin back in and the lad could have a chance. Otherwise, continuing with the current strategy will not play to this lad's strengths.

I wonder why he was only on the bench against Leeds.

(Think he works well in a 2 off Kieffer?)

Definitely HAS to be a 2. Tbh it's hard to pin exactly what he is. He's mobile, he can carry and get shots off, he's a good 1/2 touch shooter. Not really a target man not really a runner in behind, not really a link man but hes ok technically. Has a bit of everything (https://twitter.com/Blades_analytic/...67374859366400)
    One of the more prominent twitter analytics take on the player. I have used bold to highlight further what they've said about the formation this potential signing suggests we'll be playing going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by HaveringBluebird View Post
    I wonder why he was only on the bench against Leeds.
    He was said to have been recovering from a hamstring injury and the manager had been using him sparingly. He did look rusty when he came on, not taking a decent chance to make it 4-0.

The BBC is reporting it as a done deal.

Let’s just hope he’s more Jamie Vardy than Eoin Doyle

It's absolutely hilarious. There's loads of tweets from 2 weeks ago saying how he's class and now he's awful while this new USA striker is probably worth 20m so it doesn't matter
    Looks as if it's done and the Jacks are still all over it 😂

https://twitter.com/GlenWilliams12/s...402167297?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    Looks as if it's done and the Jacks are still all over it ��

https://twitter.com/GlenWilliams12/s...402167297?s=19
    Max, do you want to sign for Swansea? Nah, signing for Cardiff. Well, we didn't want you anyway...

Moore and Watters' partnership will make or break Harris.

1 in 7 for Mickleover Sports and 0 in 4 for Maidstone last season, then 16 in 19 for Crawley and off to the Champ! Football is mad sometimes.
    The same Mickleover Sports that just missed on the Champions League .

Wouldn't ordinarily be pleased about the idea trawling the lower leagues for immediate first team places, but this boy does seem talented and a good investment .
    I will say that he had a lot of time and space he won't get in the Championship for his YouTube goals and some were a bit scrappy but then he can only play where he's playing and no one knows whether he can step up or not . I hope so, and I kind of have a feeling that he will do.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Wouldn't ordinarily be pleased about the idea trawling the lower leagues for immediate first team places, but this boy does seem talented and a good investment.
    That's where Sir Neil did his best business for us.

Reminds me a little of Steve Claridge from the limited footage available

I can count the number of successful buys from league 1 and below in the last 5 years on one hand

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I can count the number of successful buys from league 1 and below in the last 5 years on one hand
    NML
    Etheridge
    Nelson
    Kieffer Moore (Barnsley to Wigan)
    Ollie Watkins

That's 5, 3 directly involved us, another is our player and Watkins has 6 PL goals. You must have more fingers than Anne of Cleeves as I haven't tried very hard and I've rattled off these almost instantly.

Edit: had a quick look we haven’t actually bought that many from lower leagues

NML
    Etheridge
    Nelson
    Kieffer Moore (Barnsley to Wigan)
    Ollie Watkins

That's 5, 3 directly involved us, another is our player and Watkins has 6 PL goals. You must have more fingers than Anne of Cleeves as I haven't tried very hard and I've rattled off these almost instantly.
    I meant us specifically

I meant us specifically
    We have bought better from the lower leagues than the Championship.