+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neil Harris is not getting sacked".............

Neil Harris is not getting sacked".............

If the reports about the players coming here are true is he?

Re: Neil Harris is not getting sacked".............

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    If the reports about the players coming here are true is he?
    I should imagine he has at least until the end of this season.

Some of the utter drivel posted elsewhere in the last week is not suprising. The amount of people falling for it perhaps is. I mean yet again.!!!

If he signs Watters, Guilbert and Hourihane he might be able to play the way he wants as well. The one area Harris has exceeded expectations is his transfers. They've been very good so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    If he signs Watters, Guilbert and Hourihane he might be able to play the way he wants as well. The one area Harris has exceeded expectations is his transfers. They've been very good so far.
    Agreed, Moore has been a fantastic signing, Wilson is a good signing (and could yet still turn out to be a great one), Ojo has been decent and Osei-Tutu was excellent until his injuries

The playoffs are gone at this point, but a strong second half of the season will probably see him keep his job

Is there anything, anywhere to suggest we’re after Hourihane?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Agreed, Moore has been a fantastic signing, Wilson is a good signing (and could yet still turn out to be a great one), Ojo has been decent and Osei-Tutu was excellent until his injuries

The playoffs are gone at this point, but a strong second half of the season will probably see him keep his job
    I think you're right but one wonders whether he still has the confidence of the players currently at his disposal.

I've said in a different thread that his signings have been good but it's another matter what he does with them once they've signed up.

If all else fails, keep him on as a Chief Scout and get someone else in who's more tactically astute to manage the team !

It wouldn't be fair to switch managers but questions should still be asked at end of the year whether he's the man for next season and beyond. Think of it as potentially our Adkins to Pochettino moment, if there is a Pochettino out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    I think you're right but one wonders whether he still has the confidence of the players currently at his disposal.

I've said in a different thread that his signings have been good but it's another matter what he does with them once they've signed up.

If all else fails, keep him on as a Chief Scout and get someone else in who's more tactically astute to manage the team !
    Amazing how many managers are in that job simply because it's the most high profile and not because it fits their skills. Bellamy's interviews make him sound ideal for a DoF role, Lee Johnson would be a much better youth team coach than senior team manager and Harris etc. might (I'm still in the "ask the question at the end of the year" camp) be a better scout than manager.

I'd read the Jacks were in for him, would love him here though. Good player.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Some of the utter drivel posted elsewhere in the last week is not suprising. The amount of people falling for it perhaps is. I mean yet again.!!!
    I don’t think that anyone actually believed those very dubious looking reports but merely arrived at the conclusion that he is going to be sacked due to the ongoing dross that we have had to watch for so long.

That much is pretty clear.

Is there any further movement with Ng. ? Surely RB is our first priority

A few journos at Reach are saying we're interested.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Is there any further movement with Ng. ? Surely RB is our first priority
    We're getting Guilbert. Crewe have asked for too much and potentially shot themselves in the foot.

I'd say some kind words are due towards Vincent Tan as well. Not many clubs are shelling out £1m on players right now...

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I'd say some kind words are due towards Vincent Tan as well. Not many clubs are shelling out £1m on players right now...
    Yes, I agree. I’d also say that if we’re spending that sort of money and are really going for those Villa players, we, unlike some on here, haven’t given up on reaching the Play Offs.

Makes us wonder if the comment about him bank rolling the club at a million a month is entirely accurate if the board a sanctioning transfer buys.

I quite agree

1m on a league Two player.
    Harris should have gone at the start of Jan to give a new manager a time to build.
    I still think Harris will keep us up but it will be playing terrible football.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    1m on a league Two player.
    Harris should have gone at the start of Jan to give a new manager a time to build.
    I still think Harris will keep us up but it will be playing terrible football.
    I remember Leicester once spent £1m on a non league player

I wonder what happened to him?

We were also in for Vardy. What might have been.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but in this current market and money being so tight I'm comfortable in thinking it seems a hell of risk.

Nope nor should he , it takes us no where .

He deserves to see the season out , this current climate is not the perfect conditions to test the ability of either managers or players .

If anyone thinks changing a manager and not giving the incoming manager a vast transfer kitty to overhaul the team/ squad is bonkers .

We'd be just handing the same problem over to another manager with his hands tied behind his back .

We were also in for Vardy. What might have been.
    It could have gone the other way if he came to the City and failed and didn't progress .

He was no spring chicken when he signed for Leicester, the momentum of Leicester and its better players played a big part in his elevation , he only scored 5 goals in his first season and nearly left Leicester for Ibiza .

Think Vardy was in the right place at the right time , right club. Leicester and Vardy story is one for Roy of the Rovers , many players and clubs ,before and after have failed .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Nope nor should he , it takes us no where .

He deserves to see the season out , this current climate is not the perfect conditions to test the ability of either managers or players .

If anyone thinks changing a manager and not giving the incoming manager a vast transfer kitty to overhaul the team/ squad is bonkers .

We'd be just handing the same problem over to another manager with his hands tied behind his back .
    Well that is just rubbish.

Have you never heard of the new manager bounce? That doesn’t require a load of new signings. What happened when Warnock arrived? Did he spend loads of money? Of course not. (He may have squanders a load subsequently but not when he first arrived and results improved)

Good managers get more from what they have and/or improved players by decent man management and coaching, and don’t rely solely on buying players. (Er, Clough taking second division also rans to double European Champions etc) so your comments don’t make sense.

This point has been made endlessly.