+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff v Liverpool, cup final on 403 Sky now

Cardiff v Liverpool, cup final on 403 Sky now

Currently 1-1

Re: Cardiff v Liverpool, cup final on 403 Sky now

Probably the game with both my most exciting incident as a City fan (Ben Turners equaliser) and my most infuriating/frustrating incidents (Kenny Millers miss and the penalty shoot out)
    If ever we had 1 hand on a trophy in my lifetime- this was it.
    Ps haven't got sky sports so aren't watching 🙂

Never watched it before, didn’t realise Liverpool’s Gerard should have possibly seen a red card for hitting Gunnerson in the face !!!

Where was VAR ?

Feedback

I thought we'd won the cup when Kenny was through. You'd expect a striker to hit the bloody target from there

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    I thought we'd won the cup when Kenny was through. You'd expect a striker to hit the bloody target from there
    I still can't watch it. It was a shocking miss. And then he missed a ****ing penalty. ****.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I still can't watch it. It was a shocking miss. And then he missed a ****ing penalty. ****.
    Steve R was right all along.

I went to that game and the Blackpool play off final and I've nevet been able to watch a replay of either of them. Those two and Hamburg are the worst I've felt watching City.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Steve R was right all along.
    What did Steve R say?

What did Steve R say?
    There's a thread that's almost as big as the Covid thread with his prediction!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    I went to that game and the Blackpool play off final and I've nevet been able to watch a replay of either of them. Those two and Hamburg are the worst I've felt watching City.
    Strangely I didn't feel that bad after the Liverpool match, certainly nowhere remotely close to how bad I felt after the Blackpool game. I've watched the Liverpool match loads of times but switch it off before the penalty shoot-out ! I agree with you on the Hamburg game though, the first and only time I've shed tears of sorrow at a football match. The late Hamburg winner was too much for a 14 year old to take.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Currently 1-1
    Saw a bit of it. We played so well, great to see us closing down with such intensity

Was it ever explained why Gerard ended up taking the final penalty ? I think Gunners, Kiss, Taylor and Blake were available to take a penalty. He might have made a mess of his pen but at least Gerard was prepared to have a go. Was it Malky’s choice or were the others ducking out ?

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Strangely I didn't feel that bad after the Liverpool match, certainly nowhere remotely close to how bad I felt after the Blackpool game. I've watched the Liverpool match loads of times but switch it off before the penalty shoot-out ! I agree with you on the Hamburg game though, the first and only time I've shed tears of sorrow at a football match. The late Hamburg winner was too much for a 14 year old to take.
    I think you're right on reflection. We actually performed against Liverpool and would have won if it wasn't for Kenny bloody Miller. Nothing can change my feelings about Blackpool and Hamburg though.

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Saw a bit of it. We played so well, great to see us closing down with such intensity
    It is funny you say that as I never ever watch games again but someone on FB was commenting on Miller’s miss which I don’t remember being such a sitter so I actually watched the highlights last night just to see it. And it couldn’t find it! When was it in game as the highlights for the 90 mins were brief but Sky showed all of ET (I didn’t/couldn’t watch the pens)

But the other thing that was really noticeable was that we DIDN’T close them down and let them have the ball in the first two thirds of the pitch and play on the counter, far more so as the game went on obvs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    It is funny you say that as I never ever watch games again but someone on FB was commenting on Miller’s miss which I don’t remember being such a sitter so I actually watched the highlights last night just to see it. And it couldn’t find it! When was it in game as the highlights for the 90 mins were brief but Sky showed all of ET (I didn’t/couldn’t watch the pens)

But the other thing that was really noticeable was that we DIDN’T close them down and let them have the ball in the first two thirds of the pitch and play on the counter, far more so as the game went on obvs.
    I believe it was in the last minute of full time proper, not extra time. My grand-daughter could have scored it

I thought Kenny Miller was okay for us, certainly pre Christmas he was doing well. Seemed to miss an awful lot of chances though. I remember we played Blackpool away that season and it was the most one sided game I think I’ve ever been at, City absolutely battered them and it finished 1-1 (Kevin Phillips scored a cross/shot for them). Kenny Miller must’ve missed about 5 1v1’s that game.

With regard to the chance he had in the Final...well, Malky couldn’t wait to get rid of Chopra, but I bet he would’ve buried that Miller chance.

On the flip side, he did assist Mason for the first with a nicely waited pass which ripped the Liverpool defence apart.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    I thought Kenny Miller was okay for us, certainly pre Christmas he was doing well. Seemed to miss an awful lot of chances though. I remember we played Blackpool away that season and it was the most one sided game I think I’ve ever been at, City absolutely battered them and it finished 1-1 (Kevin Phillips scored a cross/shot for them). Kenny Miller must’ve missed about 5 1v1’s that game.

With regard to the chance he had in the Final...well, Malky couldn’t wait to get rid of Chopra, but I bet he would’ve buried that Miller chance.

On the flip side, he did assist Mason for the first with a nicely WAITED pass which ripped the Liverpool defence apart.

Ya, he's being made out to be an "escape-goat"

PS:----- How long did he wait

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Ya, he's being made out to be an "escape-goat"

PS:----- How long did he wait
    I should blame autocorrect but I won’t, just my own incompetence