+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: City Bid accepted

Re: City Bid accepted

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    for someone who is 6foot 4 he doesn't win many aerial duels, but that could also be down to the way Bournemouth set up.
    Hes not 6ft 4

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Unless Ake is 5’4, Simpson is not 5’10
    Maybe the lad is in heels??

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Hes not 6ft 4
    I've posted a photo where he is significantly taller than Ake and Cook, who are both centre backs. He might not be 6'4 but he is clearly very tall.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Hes not 6ft 4
    238009063.jpg.gallery.jpg

here he is towering above Harry Wilson. how tall do you think he is?

There was a reason Benkovic wasn't playing for us, Bristol City or Leicester. I couldn't understand why Nelson wasn't dropped previously as were most on here. We saw why. It really isn't rocket science. Hope Simpson is a lot better, looks like he will be.
    You've made a call on Benko, fair play to you. It doesn't matter about his time with us, what matters is the rest of his career. If he just peters out, then you'll be proved right, and those having a dig at you, proved wrong-time will tell

238009063.jpg.gallery.jpg

here he is towering above Harry Wilson. how tall do you think he is?
    Which one is he?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    You've made a call on Benko, fair play to you. It doesn't matter about his time with us, what matters is the rest of his career. If he just peters out, then you'll be proved right, and those having a dig at you, proved wrong-time will tell
    Thanks for this incredible piece of insight 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Which one is he?
    Far right, the half a head player

International

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Far right, the half a head player
    no, he's the one taking the photograph.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Which one is he?
    the tall guy wearing number 25

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    . In all honesty, I hope he proves me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    A replacement for Morrison who may be costing us too much in wages ? I hope not but these are difficult times.
    I think either Morrison or Flint will go in the summer if Simpson is a success especially if Brown is considered good enough to be in the squad?

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    I think either Morrison or Flint will go in the summer if Simpson is a success especially if Brown is considered good enough to be in the squad?
    Flint will go, if we sell Morrison we are absolutely crackers (unless we get a daft bid, which we won't). He's just turned 30 and is one of the few players we can depend on.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    The money can come from only one place and we know where that is. I simply don't understand where the implied criticism is coming from given the amount of financial support that has been forthcoming, not only from transfers, but to keep the club afloat.
    The vast majority are very grateful of Tans financial support.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    The vast majority are very grateful of Tans financial support.
    Exactly, the money is coming from nowhere else is it, but imagine where we’d be if we’d have had astute, switched on, modern thinking managers spending it over the Tan years?

Watters- far too many clubs at such a young age.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Brown was Man of the Match for Livingstone away to Celtic yesterday. He played left back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    Brown was Man of the Match for Livingstone away to Celtic yesterday. He played left back.
    Wonder what they'll do with Brown. He'll have Simpson, Morrison, Flint and Nelson ahead of him so it makes sense for him to stay out on loan if he's playing.

the tall guy wearing number 25
    Perhaps the photographer is lying down

Wonder what they'll do with Brown. He'll have Simpson, Morrison, Flint and Nelson ahead of him so it makes sense for him to stay out on loan if he's playing.
    isn't his contract up in the summer? or did he extend?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Watters- far too many clubs at such a young age.
    It could be argued that a move to a new club won't be such a daunting prospect as if he had been a one-club man throughout his career.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Jack Simpson is a 6 4 centre back. I think hes left footed as well reading comments from Bournemouth fans.
    Bournemouth's website says Simpson is 178cms which translates to 5ft 10 inches

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    Bournemouth's website says Simpson is 178cms which translates to 5ft 10 inches
    he's been at Bournemouth since he was a kid though. sure at one point he was 178cms but now he isn't and they just haven't updated the data on the website in a long time

he's been at Bournemouth since he was a kid though. sure at one point he was 178cms but now he isn't and they just haven't updated the data on the website in a long time
    178 is on wiki, football stats sites etc , to be fair to RJK he does look tall in the photo.

Perhaps his agent gets his pictures photo shopped before release for daft clubs like us ??

Anyways this will all be sorted when we see him alongside Nelson looking like a Dennis Wise stand in.

isn't his contract up in the summer? or did he extend?
    I haven't got a clue. I thought he was out of contract last summer, and Transfermarkt doesn't know either.

Also, people's insistence that Simpson is 5'10 when you actually see that he isn't is real commitment. Respect.