+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: City Bid accepted

City Bid accepted

Re: City Bid accepted

Ng will be a City player by Weds as well

Where is the money coming from? Youve got to wonder why these funds werent available to Harris in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Where is the money coming from? Youve got to wonder why these funds werent available to Harris in the summer.
    It's peanuts, and we're in trouble. We aren't paying 750k up front, and we won't be paying anywhere near 1m upfront for Watters. Also, we need them and it makes sense as we're getting value for Simpson and Ng (if that's true).

The january window is often associated with panic buys, we seem to at least be doing our business early and signing players who would be worth more but entering the last six months of their contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Sensible View Post
    The january window is often associated with panic buys, we seem to at least be doing our business early and signing players who would be worth more but entering the last six months of their contract.
    My reaction has been "oh, that's pretty sensible" to all our rumoured deals, except Watters who I wanted us to be in for when Swansea were linked, so I'm delighted we're taking a chance on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    My reaction has been "oh, that's pretty sensible" to all our rumoured deals, except Watters who I wanted us to be in for when Swansea were linked, so I'm delighted we're taking a chance on him.
    Player recruitment is the one thing that Harris has done well this season (apart from Benkovic).

Left footed centre back. Can play out from the back.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Player recruitment is the one thing that Harris has done well this season (apart from Benkovic).
    He's smashed it to be fair. It's his main saving grace, I'm semi interested in what he could do with his own team but he's too far gone now he's never going to win the fans over.

He's smashed it to be fair. It's his main saving grace, I'm semi interested in what he could do with his own team but he's too far gone now he's never going to win the fans over.
    Of course he can. Theres no fans going to be in stadiums this season. If we can get off to a good start next season then of course he can particularly if we start performing with a team hes built.

We seem to be targeting players at a better age which is good.

Of course he can. Theres no fans going to be in stadiums this season. If we can get off to a good start next season then of course he can particularly if we start performing with a team hes built.
    Let's be honest, we're not signing world beaters here and the football is crap. We get completely blown away by any team that can pass, he's not going to be here long enough to fix that.

Let's be honest, we're not signing world beaters here and the football is crap. We get completely blown away by any team that can pass, he's not going to be here long enough to fix that.
    We dont need world beaters. Better than what weve got would be a start.

We dont need world beaters. Better than what weve got would be a start.
    People expect us to mount a serious promotion challenge. We are miles off it.

People expect us to mount a serious promotion challenge. We are miles off it.
    We are miles off it this season.

We cant be splashing out for a play off challenge this season so maybe this is the start of a rebuild for next.

Im suprised weve spent any money.

We are miles off it this season.

We cant be splashing out for a play off challenge this season so maybe this is the start of a rebuild for next.

Im suprised weve spent any money.
    This is 100% a rebuild. I don't think there's any doubt about that and I don't think Harris will be the manager to reap the benefits of these players.

If true its good news, with the sad news about Sol, and Flint hardly likely to feature
    This could be the competition for Nelson that will keep him on his toes

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    If true its good news, with the sad news about Sol, and Flint hardly likely to feature
    This could be the competition for Nelson that will keep him on his toes
    In the short term, he'll be a partner to Nelson. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets in the team and stays in after Morrison gets fit and back into the side.

Second player brought in from Bournemouth now. 24 year old, left-footer, needing games to develop but think that Semi Ajayi thread said we were on board for that.

This is 100% a rebuild. I don't think there's any doubt about that and I don't think Harris will be the manager to reap the benefits of these players.
    Not sure why the board would be signing these players if Harris was earmarked to go at the end of this season ?

International

Maybe they were and he couldn't find anyone to buy that he considered good value for money.
    Club representatives and board members will say there is no money for obvious reasons. If Harris says "I've got 12 million to spend the cost of every olayer who's name he mentions will go up instantly
    People on here over the last week and more have made statement about there being on money or we cannot afford this or that but there is nothing to back it up. VT has enough money for most of the things discussed on here, its just a matter of if he wishes to spend it

A replacement for Morrison who may be costing us too much in wages ? I hope not but these are difficult times.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Maybe they were and he couldn't find anyone to buy that he considered good value for money.
    Club representatives and board members will say there is no money for obvious reasons. If Harris says "I've got 12 million to spend the cost of every olayer who's name he mentions will go up instantly
    People on here over the last week and more have made statement about there being on money or we cannot afford this or that but there is nothing to back it up. VT has enough money for most of the things discussed on here, its just a matter of if he wishes to spend it
    Thats a possibility. I dont think its the case though.

International

Thats a possibility. I dont think its the case though.
    I just shake my head sometimes when some (not you) saythings about money or the lack of it as if they had full knowedge of the club finances or VT's bank balance.
    The reality is that we are in a much better position than a lot of non premier clubs. They really are on the bones of their arses and if we can go in and wave some good cashg at them we could pick up some players who with good scouting and good development may turn out to be bargains.
    Vinny is a business man, I'm sure he loves a bargain.

We need a right back at all costs because playing Bacuna there is going to have the same result every time. This boy seems to always have been a reserve at Bournemouth though, so I don't know how competent he'll be.