+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: City Bid accepted

Re: City Bid accepted

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Player recruitment is the one thing that Harris has done well this season (apart from Benkovic).
    Harris has found his true position at the club as a scout. He isn't a Championship manager. No way!

He seems like he'll be a good acquisition. And Watters too. Both young and aiming to prove themselves. People moan about our academy, rightly so, but only Harris and Bagan have come through from there, and only Bagan is any good. We should be looking at these younger players and coaching them to be better. Ralls didn't come through our Academy, we signed him from Fareham or Aldershot when he was quite young.

I'd rather buy these and top up with loan players, which helps the budgets and doesn't mean we have players on long, highly paid contracts when our income goes down next season . Better than paying large wages and silly fees (Madine £6m, Murphy £11m).

Clearly Harris recognised the need to reduce costs and that some of our 'experienced' players are past their best. And I mean Hoilett, Cunningham, Bennett, who I hope will all be released next summer along with Bamba and Harris and the return of our loanees.

International

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    We need a right back at all costs because playing Bacuna there is going to have the same result every time. This boy seems to always have been a reserve at Bournemouth though, so I don't know how competent he'll be.
    There have been some top notch players who spent seasons warming their arses on premier league club subs benches. Any non-prem team would have probably bitten off the hand that offered them. Bale is an example.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    We need a right back at all costs because playing Bacuna there is going to have the same result every time. This boy seems to always have been a reserve at Bournemouth though, so I don't know how competent he'll be.
    Jack Simpson is a 6 4 centre back. I think hes left footed as well reading comments from Bournemouth fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Where is the money coming from? Youve got to wonder why these funds werent available to Harris in the summer.
    You think we should have done our transfer budget in the first window???

Will fit in perfectly is this quote is accurate

“normally panics when the ball goes to him and can’t play out from the back”

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He's smashed it to be fair. It's his main saving grace, I'm semi interested in what he could do with his own team but he's too far gone now he's never going to win the fans over.
    ‘Smashed it’ is not accurate at all.

Moore has been good and Wilson and Ojo both exciting loans both of whom are yet to produce consistently. And the RB has been injured so ‘smashed it’ is a completely wild overstatement in anyone’s language.

To be fair, PDLR must be a wind up account as nobody can be so blinkered surely?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dargavel View Post
    To be fair, PDLR must be a wind up account as nobody can be so blinkered surely?
    Have you actually read my comments?

Jack Simpson is a 6 4 centre back. I think hes left footed as well reading comments from Bournemouth fans.

He can do that but I think he's mainly a right back. snaggle makes a good point , but all I'm saying is that it's a bit of a gamble

Where is the money coming from? Youve got to wonder why these funds werent available to Harris in the summer.
    In the summer Covid was getting in the way and to be fair we did sign some decent players players on loan and we got Moore,.

I think this is a half hearted cheap attempt to get to the play offs, the players were signing are relatively cheap in todays market, they are relatively young so theie value should hold or improve, and perhaps we may see some leave , to balance the books , the one thing we do know fresh blood is needed to mix things up .

this seems a good deal.
    left footed ball playing centre backs are very much in demand , and hence attract a price premium if they make it to the top level. having a left/right combination at centre back makes it more difficult to press when trying to play out from the back apparently.
    and he's still got his best years ahead of him. seems that the Bournemouth fans I've seen have said that he looks really good, then drops the occasional clanger.
    similar to how ajayi was at the same age out on loan. if he can improve then we might have a real asset on our hands. if not we have a decent squad player in a position we need, for a reasonable price.

I think he's smaller than that more like 5ft 10

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I think he's smaller than that more like 5ft 10
    He’s towering over Ake and Cook here:
    https://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/sport/1...league-battle/

Simpson started 6 games on the spin before today and they kept 4 clean sheets. It’s a bit simplistic but clearly he’s not useless.

He’s towering over Ake and Cook here:
    https://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/sport/1...league-battle/
    Born:*18 December 1996 (age 24*years),*Weymouth

Height:*1.78*m

Weight:*83*kg

Current team:*A.F.C. Bournemouth*(#25 / Defender)

Date joined:*2016 (A.F.C. Bournemouth)

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    this seems a good deal.
    left footed ball playing centre backs are very much in demand , and hence attract a price premium if they make it to the top level. having a left/right combination at centre back makes it more difficult to press when trying to play out from the back apparently.
    and he's still got his best years ahead of him. seems that the Bournemouth fans I've seen have said that he looks really good, then drops the occasional clanger.
    similar to how ajayi was at the same age out on loan. if he can improve then we might have a real asset on our hands. if not we have a decent squad player in a position we need, for a reasonable price.
    Let's hope he doesn't become more error prone, as Nelson and Morrison have been this season

From Wiki

Full name Jack Benjamin Simpson[1]
    Date of birth 18 December 1996 (age 24)[2]
    Place of birth Weymouth, England[3]
    Height 1.94 m (6 ft 4 in)
    Position(s) Defender

Unless Ake is 5’4, Simpson is not 5’10

Simpson started 6 games on the spin before today and they kept 4 clean sheets. It’s a bit simplistic but clearly he’s not useless.
    It’s a bit simplistic but if he makes a mistake or 2 in the first game he plays for us (whenever that is) you’ll clearly condemn him....

for someone who is 6foot 4 he doesn't win many aerial duels, but that could also be down to the way Bournemouth set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dargavel View Post
    I think I used ‘parody account’ in another thread

The money can come from only one place and we know where that is. I simply don't understand where the implied criticism is coming from given the amount of financial support that has been forthcoming, not only from transfers, but to keep the club afloat.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    It’s a bit simplistic but if he makes a mistake or 2 in the first game he plays for us (whenever that is) you’ll clearly condemn him....
    There was a reason Benkovic wasn't playing for us, Bristol City or Leicester. I couldn't understand why Nelson wasn't dropped previously as were most on here. We saw why. It really isn't rocket science. Hope Simpson is a lot better, looks like he will be.