+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Stat of the day

Stat of the day

Not once in Cardiff City's history have we lost 5 successive games and managed to keep a clean sheet in any of them.

Re: Stat of the day

Run that by me again???

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Not once in Cardiff City's history have we lost 5 successive games and managed to keep a clean sheet in any of them.
    Shirley if we had kept a cean sheet we couldn't possible lose any of them?

I just copy/pasted that into Google Translate, changed the language to Swahili and it still doesn't make any sense

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Shirley if we had kept a cean sheet we couldn't possible lose any of them?
    Thank goodness for that. I was wondering when someone would notice!!

Thank goodness for that. I was wondering when someone would notice!!
    are you ok Eric..? 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    are you ok Eric..? ��
    Perfectly fine. Wondering how long it would take someone to notice my little prank.

Perfectly fine. Wondering how long it would take someone to notice my little prank.
    I read it at least a dozen times, slower each time..

We’ve also scored in every game we’ve won this season...................and last season.........and the season before that.......

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    We’ve also scored in every game we’ve won this season...................and last season.........and the season before that.......
    Indeed.

Do some proper work Eric - Have we ever lost 5 in a row, but only to 4 different teams?

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    I just copy/pasted that into Google Translate, changed the language to Swahili and it still doesn't make any sense
    Usiogope. Sisi ni zaidi ya nusu tu ya msimu na hatuna hatari yoyote ya kwenda juu au chini. Labda hapa ndipo ujenzi wa upya unapoanza ,,

International

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Usiogope. Sisi ni zaidi ya nusu tu ya msimu na hatuna hatari yoyote ya kwenda juu au chini. Labda hapa ndipo ujenzi wa upya unapoanza ,,
    Nope! Still don't understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Do some proper work Eric - Have we ever lost 5 in a row, but only to 4 different teams?
    In 1921/22 we lost 6 on the trot to only 3 different teams - Spurs, Villa and Oldham. Back then it was common to play the same team back to back.

In December 1963 we lost 6 on the trot to 5 different teams due to a Christmas double header with Preston.

In September 1966 we lost 5 on the trot to 5 different teams, but conceded 4 at Blackburn, 5 at Bolton and Charlton and 7 at Wolves. We'd then concede 4 to Hull and 7 to Plymouth in the October.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Hi xsnaggle..........

In 1921/22 we lost 6 on the trot to only 3 different teams - Spurs, Villa and Oldham. Back then it was common to play the same team back to back.

In December 1963 we lost 6 on the trot to 5 different teams due to a Christmas double header with Preston.

In September 1966 we lost 5 on the trot to 5 different teams, but conceded 4 at Blackburn, 5 at Bolton and Charlton and 7 at Wolves. We'd then concede 4 to Hull and 7 to Plymouth in the October.
    Thank goodness there weren't message boards in September 1966

International

Hi xsnaggle..........
    (well there isn't a non-crinble homer)

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    (well there isn't a non-crinble homer)

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Thank goodness there weren't message boards in September 1966
    It appears to me that Jimmy Scoular is revered as a great City manager, yet his record as boss was certainly nowhere near the best. In fact, there were some really dismal results and spells during his tenure.

International

It appears to me that Jimmy Scoular is revered as a great City manager, yet his record as boss was certainly nowhere near the best. In fact, there were some really dismal results and spells during his tenure.
    But they were really dismal times. He suited them perfectly. And it was before the days of the managerial revolving door so he had more opportunity to hone his losing skills, and he didn't waste it.

[QUOTE=xsnaggle;5156898]But they were really dismal times. He suited them perfectly. And it was before the days of the managerial revolving door so he had more opportunity to hone his losing skills, and he didn't waste it.[/QUOTE

The ECWC exploits, only two seasons though really, the quarter final and semi final years, gives Scoular the glamour other managers lack. Real Madrid in another season though gave him his trump card, the type of trump card a mate who had the one claim to fame would regularly bring up in pub conversations. All his league seasons were failures in truth, Sheffield United and Watford being disasters in our close shave season. I suppose his tenure being during the early years of following the City for a lot of us gives us rose tinted glasses. Similar to how many of us remember our schooldays so well yet it’s a very small part of our lives. Or Fred Dewey and the board were shit scared to give him the bullet in case he filled them in.

If I remember correctly it was after we took all those hammerings that we signed Brian Harris from Everton to play alongside Don Murray. Our fortunes were gradually transformed and within a few seasons we were competing at the top end of the league.

We could have won by a solitary own goal, thus winning without scoring