+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Smithies

Smithies

A lot of what Norwich hit at him today you’d expect him to save but, perhaps, you’d expect him to save them because he’s Smithies. Another good performance in my opinion.

Re: Smithies

He made some good saves today, but didn't really have a lot to do.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    He made some good saves today, but didn't really have a lot to do.
    He had far more to do than Norwich's young keeper who you thought would have been targeted by City, but I can't remember him having to make a difficult save and when we put him under pressure from a throw in and a corner, the awful ref came to his rescue.

Good performance from Smithies which, despite the game our manager saw, was one of only a few encouraging things to emerge from the match - Bennett was caught out for the second goal, but, otherwise, he did well in his new position I thought and Bagan remains one of very few on the team who has some poise when in possession.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    He had far more to do than Norwich's young keeper who you thought would have been targeted by City, but I can't remember him having to make a difficult save and when we put him under pressure from a throw in and a corner, the awful ref came to his rescue.

Good performance from Smithies which, despite the game our manager saw, was one of only a few encouraging things to emerge from the match - Bennett was caught out for the second goal, but, otherwise, he did well in his new position I thought and Bagan remains one of very few on the team who has some poise when in possession.
    The ref was of course by no means the cause for our defeat, but I really struggle to see how a few are qualified. Or maybe they are just taught it's no contact these days.