+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nobody new in centre midfield?

Re: Nobody new in centre midfield?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Hourihane is streets ahead of our centre mids, though. He's got a good few years in him, yet. If we were to go after anyone, it would be Mowatt for me as he's out of contract in the summer.
    I read that its a loan

I don't see anything wrong with that, Hourihane's a good player and we desperately need something new in the middle

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Hourihane is streets ahead of our centre mids, though. He's got a good few years in him, yet. If we were to go after anyone, it would be Mowatt for me as he's out of contract in the summer.
    or the Preston players who are out of contract

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I read that its a loan

I don't see anything wrong with that, Hourihane's a good player and we desperately need something new in the middle
    If we can get someone out as a like for like, then it's fine but I really want us to start building for the future. I suppose it might be the case that if we can get him for the rest of this season, and someone similar on a free in the summer, then it's worth doing to start changing things.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    I agree but I was definitely in the minority on here the other day when I questioned new contracts for Hoillett and Bennett. As Pedro said earlier, I think we need a rebuild.
    I am with you on this.

You can't keep moaning that Harris can't move on because he is lumbered with Warnock players if he keeps offering them contract extensions.

Both of the players mentioned have not been performing. Bennett is not great and I think there is better out there for the wage. Howlett, as many have pointed out, has lost a yard of pace and produces very little these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    or the Preston players who are out of contract
    Agreed but I given the clubs they're linked with, I'm not sure that's too realistic now!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    I agree but I was definitely in the minority on here the other day when I questioned new contracts for Hoillett and Bennett. As Pedro said earlier, I think we need a rebuild.
    Well there's a +1 now as if they're out of contract in the Summer I think the club (Harris) need's to be ruthless and get some less expensive hungry younger players in because there's no room for sentimentality.

Totally agree with Pedro re. rebuild.

Hoillett 31 in June and Bennett 31 in March.