+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Neil Harris appears to be safe as Cardiff manager despite five straight defeats.

Neil Harris appears to be safe as Cardiff manager despite five straight defeats.

Player signed yesterday and a bid accepted for another one tends to suggest City manager won't be leaving anytime soon.

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Re: Neil Harris appears to be safe as Cardiff manager despite five straight defeats.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Player signed yesterday and a bid accepted for another one tends to suggest City manager won't be leaving anytime soon.

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/
    It seems City are 'strengthening' at either end of the pitch. We need a good CB, and a striker who offers something different is a bonus as well, yet Harris and the 'committee' are obvious happy with Vaulks, Ralls, Pack, Bacuna in midfield - so I presume it's more of the same for the foreseeable future, albeit with a few more resources.

We've had our recent successes playing percentage football so perhaps the club views [certainly with Harris at the helm] that what worked in the past should work again, but as I posted last week a glimpse of our football in the last promotion season [on you tube etc] showed a side which was simply twice a quick as this one, and despite a reputation as more 'route one' than most, actually played decent football and scored excellent goals on a regular basis. We've a long way to go this time round..

Re: Neil Harris appears to be safe as Cardiff manager despite five straight defeats.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    It seems City are 'strengthening' at either end of the pitch. We need a good CB, and a striker who offers something different is a bonus as well, yet Harris and the 'committee' are obvious happy with Vaulks, Ralls, Pack, Bacuna in midfield - so I presume it's more of the same for the foreseeable future, albeit with a few more resources.

We've had our recent successes playing percentage football so perhaps the club views [certainly with Harris at the helm] that what worked in the past should work again, but as I posted last week a glimpse of our football in the last promotion season [on you tube etc] showed a side which was simply twice a quick as this one, and despite a reputation as more 'route one' than most, actually played decent football and scored excellent goals on a regular basis. We've a long way to go this time round..
    Someone has replied to the blog using the “dynamism” - I think that captures exactly what we lack and have lacked for most of the season. Norwich were so much more dynamic than us yesterday, especially in the middle of the park, but it’s also been noticeable in many other matches this season. As the most mobile and the one of the four with the best stamina, Bacuna would make our midfield more dynamic, but is he the type of midfielder we really need? I don’t believe so.

I wonder who the next manager will be, who can actually get us playing football, not that I ever expected it but we can rule Eddie Howe out now as it looks like he is going to Celtic this week

Aren't we linked with Hourihane?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Aren't we linked with Hourihane?
    Only on here I think

Someone has replied to the blog using the “dynamism” - I think that captures exactly what we lack and have lacked for most of the season. Norwich were so much more dynamic than us yesterday, especially in the middle of the park, but it’s also been noticeable in many other matches this season. As the most mobile and the one of the four with the best stamina, Bacuna would make our midfield more dynamic, but is he the type of midfielder we really need? I don’t believe so.
    Dynamism. I called it work rate but either way we sadly lack it. We don’t look too bad when we up the pace but it is so little so rarely.

Promotion season midfield: Gunnarson, Ralls, Bryson, Damour, Grujic.

Plenty of energy and dynamism there.

Now it's just a laboured mess

Quote Originally Posted by 198bore View Post

Now it's just a LABOURED mess

Just like down the bay

Quote Originally Posted by 198bore View Post

Now it's just a laboured mess
    I liked Damour, thought he was under-rated.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    I liked Damour, thought he was under-rated.
    Same here.

Paul, if the word “dynamic” is the one that describes the difference between the Norwich midfield and ours then its definition needs to include technique and speed of thought and deed as well as energy levels. Undoubtedly The return of Bacuna can provide energy but I don’t think he’s going to bring much of the other aspects of midfield play that, as you have pointed out in your blog, we have been lacking

I doubt they are happy with the central midfielders, but we just have other areas that have needed sorting out first.

Harris does seem to be making a good stab at addressing these, assuming these deals come off

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I doubt they are happy with the central midfielders, but we just have other areas that have needed sorting out first.

Harris does seem to be making a good stab at addressing these, assuming these deals come off
    Linked with Jed Wallace now. I'll believe it when I see it but Harris is certainly getting backed.

Now that would be a good signing

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Linked with Jed Wallace now. I'll believe it when I see it but Harris is certainly getting backed.
    Jed Wallace would be an amazing signing

Wallace is contracted until 2022, so I’d be surprised if there’s anything to this rumour unless there’s a deal arranged for a player we could sell for a good fee lined up for later this month.

And first time around

Whitts, Gunnarsson, Cowie, Mcphail, Mutch, Kimbo, Bellamy, Noone

Lots of work rate, dynamism, quality and creativity

Wallace is contracted until 2022, so I’d be surprised if there’s anything to this rumour unless there’s a deal arranged for a player we could sell for a good fee lined up for later this month.
    searching on twitter the "iN ThE kNoW" types seem to be suggesting that either hoilett nor Murphy would be going in the opposite direction.

considering hoilett has about 5 months left on his contract I'm convinced that this is just a load of nonsense.

I would be happy to be proven wrong though

Glatzel to Liverpool to end their scoring drought - £50m