+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bale didnt start again. Maybe Spurs could sub loan him to us🤦*♂️

Bale didnt start again. Maybe Spurs could sub loan him to us🤦*♂️

Its disappointing that he has not forced himself into the starting eleven.

Davies and Rodon started.

Re: Bale didnt start again. Maybe Spurs could sub loan him to us🤦*♂️

He might as well have stayed in Madrid. Something is definitely not right. Fitness? Mourinho doesn’t want him? Whatever it’s not doing him any good.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Its disappointing that he has not forced himself into the starting eleven.

Sadly I think his legs or his head have gone. He has to take some of the blame now. He's not turned up for Wales for months, sad to see really.

Yeh he could join the treatment room team its bigger than the first team squad.

As a foot note: I don't think the lad has any interest in joining us at any point of his career , he prefers his golf clubs.

He needs to play as an attacking midfielder like Giggs did in his later years as his pace has gone?

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    He needs to play as an attacking midfielder like Giggs did in his later years as his pace has gone?
    Hes not as good a footballer as Giggs was

The few cameos I've seen he looked alright, still had enough pace, but without matches he is never building the match fitness he would need to make an impact.

I think also where as a few other managers might have brought him on, if Mourinho has a lead he isn't bringing on someone like Bale.

It's a shame, he isn't injured as he is on the bench, he could have played most matches for someone a little further down the league, who may have relied on him.

As it is, it's looking another frustrating season where again he isn't playing anywhere near enough. He has the rest of his life to sit about, play golf and run businesses. I think he has another year at Madrid after this as well.

If he came to us we'd have to repay the sell-on fee

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Hes not as good a footballer as Giggs was
    Indeed , as with CR7 , he's goods but limited, once his pace goes he's better off playing golf , think he knows that , City's not for him , shiny dollar/ yen contract awaits , ain't good enough or us now sadly ,we can't carry him into retirement, and because of his wealth can't claim disabled parking or carers allowance 😁

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Indeed , as with CR7 , he's goods but limited, once his pace goes he's better off playing golf , think he knows that , City's not for him , shiny dollar/ yen contract awaits , ain't good enough or us now sadly ,we can't carry him into retirement, and because of his wealth can't claim disabled parking or carers allowance 😁
    I don't envisage him going to Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I don't envisage him going to Japan.
    Why not Japan that's where the top golf is and the new footy frontier, I hear its its favourite ??

China is off the radar now full of dodgy bats .

International

Why not Japan that's where the top golf is and the new footy frontier, I hear its its favourite ??

China is off the radar now full of dodgy bats .
    But you don't need bats to play football, that's cricket!!

Im not so sure about him not being as good as Giggs. In his prime Bale dragged Wales through to victories almost single handedly, something Giggs was never able to do. Bale has been more blighted by injuries than Giggs was but has won a lot of major honours too

I am holding out hope that we will still have a big impact before the end of the season, Spurs have a lot of games pilling up and are still in a lot of competitions, but I agree if they are going to start using him it needs to be soon, and he also has a responsibility to push himself more.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    He might as well have stayed in Madrid. Something is definitely not right. Fitness? Mourinho doesn’t want him? Whatever it’s not doing him any good.
    He suffers with muscle tears, an absolute bastard of an injury to recover from, they've definitely done for him. He probably still has pace but is scared to extend his legs. Lets face it, a footballer who plays like Bale did isn't going to go on until he's 33 and so on, it's just not sustainable to be able to run like a 100 mtr athlete five or six times during a game an expect it not to close a career early, the man was like a gazelle in full flight, add the contact, stretching etc he's done well to get this far. I'm not sure he can adjust his game that much and sit in midfield, ad spurs probably have better players in that position anyway.

Indeed , as with CR7 , he's goods but limited, once his pace goes he's better off playing golf , think he knows that , City's not for him , shiny dollar/ yen contract awaits , ain't good enough or us now sadly ,we can't carry him into retirement, and because of his wealth can't claim disabled parking or carers allowance ��
    Lets be fair , he was a one trick pony...couldn't pass or defend could hardly make a cross had no pace and never scored.Totally rubbish iyo

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    It’s disappointing that he has not forced himself into the starting eleven.

He couldn't get himself into the farting eleven he's that awful

Agreed
    Giggs sustained a level of performance over many seasons and was at his best brilliant. Bale has been brilliant but not often enough and cannot be rated when not playing.