+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Liverpool/Man U

Liverpool/Man U

No score draw, Man City will be rubbing their hands although they meet a bit of a bogey side later in Crystal Palace.

Re: Liverpool/Man U

To much tippy-tappying and not enough tackles around the neck. boring

quite a good game, but needed a goal.
    don't think either side look like title winners though.

man city will win it this season

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

You say all that, then say it was a good game. !!!!!!

Unbelievable

Even this early in the season it seems to be falling into place for Manchester City. Events elsewhere, such as Anfield today, are doing them massive favours.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    You say all that, then say it was a good game. !!!!!!

Unbelievable
    it was a good game

it was a good game
    you're easily pleased, it was boring

Dull as ditchwater. A top quality Man Utd manager wins that.

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
    Dull as ditchwater. A top quality Man Utd manager wins that.
    not a top quality Liverpool manager though?

I usually avoid these sort of arguments if I can, but, for understanding reasons, the Premier League is closer this season is because the better sides have come back to the field rather than the rest catching them up - it’s an exciting title race, but the quality isn’t great in my opinion.

The first month or two of the season threw up some strange results perhaps due to the weird circumstances, no crowds, short pre season etc but recently things have settled down, Man City have just scored and it would be no surprise to see them well clear in two to three months.

Poor game overall, lacked many clear chances for either.

Liverpool nowhere near the level they were last season, even the year before. Man City are looking like they want it but again other than a few matches, don't seem at the level they have previously.

Very open title race.

The English, Italian and Spanish Leagues all look to be exciting this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    The English, Italian and Spanish Leagues all look to be exciting this season.
    tired players everywhere, most teams are pressing less.

man city have got their attack firing at just the right time though

Garbage. Two hours of my life i’ll Never get back.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Even this early in the season it seems to be falling into place for Manchester City. Events elsewhere, such as Anfield today, are doing them massive favours.
    It's not early in the season, it's half over.

Spurs this year I think , which would be nice for them after so many years 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Spurs this year I think , which would be nice for them after so many years 🤔

I'll be surprised if any team get within 6 points of Man City come the end of the season. Liverpool have been relentless for the last 2 campaigns and it was always going to be a big ask for them to maintain their form for a third consecutive one, especially with the loss of Van Dijk.

Harder to predict who will fill the other top 4 positions mind you but it'll probably be Liverpool, Man Utd and Tottenham, with Leicester just missing out like last year.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Spurs this year I think , which would be nice for them after so many years ��
    yeah they have a great chance, although I really dislike mourihnio and his brand of football, so I'd rather not.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    I'll be surprised if any team get within 6 points of Man City come the end of the season. Liverpool have been relentless for the last 2 campaigns and it was always going to be a big ask for them to maintain their form for a third consecutive one, especially with the loss of Van Dijk.

Harder to predict who will fill the other top 4 positions mind you but it'll probably be Liverpool, Man Utd and Tottenham, with Leicester just missing out like last year.
    with the amount that Chelsea spent in the summer they really should be challenging for the league, but they haven't beaten any top teams this season. Lampard must be close to the sack there

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I usually avoid these sort of arguments if I can, but, for understanding reasons, the Premier League is closer this season is because the better sides have come back to the field rather than the rest catching them up - it’s an exciting title race, but the quality isn’t great in my opinion.
    You may be watching some of the World's best players, showing the greatest skill and pace, but when it comes down to it it's about as exciting as watching chess. Given the TV choice of a PL game or a Championship game I invariably opt for the Championship game - and usually have made the right decision. Even the Ipswich v Swindon game last week was more enjoyable than PL option at the same time..