+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Neil Harris Appreciation Society

Neil Harris Appreciation Society

considering what he's been through health wise and the madness of the lock down and the surge to the play offs I firmly believe Harris should be given next season to see what he can do with his new signings .

Thats my opinion, it might be completely potty but I am not changing it .

Re: Neil Harris Appreciation Society

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    considering what he's been through health wise and the madness of the lock down and the surge to the play offs I firmly believe Harris should be given next season to see what he can do with his new signings .

For this season, what would you describe as a good season, an average one and a poor one?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    For this season, what would you describe as a good season, an average one and a poor one?
    Mid table , if the big man up front comes back and the new signings gel we should have enough in the tank to be OK

Then Harris can be judged properly

The character assassination of him and other managers on here is way over the top

I'll sign up.

I would like to have a pin badge though.

Mid table , if the big man up front comes back and the new signings gel we should have enough in the tank to be OK

The character assassination of him and other managers on here is way over the top
    I hope this doesn't come as a massive shock to you .

Its what football supporters take part in when their team isnt doing as well as expected......

I wont be joining this particular appreciation society . I am firmly in the get him out and Bellamy in camp ...

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    I'll sign up.

I would like to have a pin badge though.
    4 quid

I have to cover my costs

After the playoffs and the squad improvements, I would have said playoffs again would have been a good season. An average season would have been missing out on the top 6 but top half. A poor season is bottom half and the lower, the worse.

Good post.

He's the Cardiff City manager who looks like he has been given a vote of confidence by the board having given him a few bob in the transfer market.
    He is building his own squad of players whilst trying to balance the books.

Play-offs was the target, as with a lot of clubs in the Championship, but seems out of our reach.
    A team which is trying to play football who finishes in the top half will do for me this season.
    Next season would be a fairer time to judge the man not this one.

Let's get behind Neil Harris, manager of Cardiff City.

I wanted him changed if we could have got someone better but with the injuries to key players and still has the skidmarks left by warnockosaurus to deal with he hasn't had it easy.
    The players he's hoping to bring in plus the injured ones coming back i think he deserves to see the season out.
    If we are not near the top six at the end of season then move him on.

For me, unless there becomes serious threat of relegation, it is too early to make a decision either way. Give him till end of the season then judge based on the 19(?) months he's been here and his plans for the next two years.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Good post.

He's the Cardiff City manager who looks like he has been given a vote of confidence by the board having given him a few bob in the transfer market.

Play-offs was the target, as with a lot of clubs in the Championship, but seems out of our reach.
    A team which is trying to play football who finishes in the top half will do for me this season.

well what else can we do ?

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I wanted him changed if we could have got someone better but with the injuries to key players and still has the skidmarks left by warnockosaurus to deal with he hasn't had it easy.
    The players he's hoping to bring in plus the injured ones coming back i think he deserves to see the season out.
    I think the main job this season is to steady the ship in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Good post.

100% agree with you, and I give Harris my 100% support.

I've never met the bloke of course, but I like his personality. He's the type of manager I would have taken on in work.

I’m pretty sure there were calls for Steve Coopers head last season. I’m happy to stick with him for now.

I think the main job this season is to steady the ship in my opinion

We gotta fill the holes first, to stop us from sinking !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    It seems logical that we will be nowhere near the top 6 this season so why wait until the summer to part with Harris ?
    If the board is really making an effort to re-build the Harris should be pushing for a RB and a midfield player with pace.
    If NG joins this week then at least one will be filled but to continue with our bunch of midfielders will ensure we will continue to struggle.
    Perhaps try Glatzel in that position withWilson ? He seems a decent footballer, with pace. Let’s face it to move him on would probably mean a £4M loss at the very least.Ralls, Bacune and another can operate in front of the back 4 to give us some protection.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    It seems logical that we will be nowhere near the top 6 this season so why wait until the summer to part with Harris ?
    If the board is really making an effort to re-build the Harris should be pushing for a RB and a midfield player with pace.
    If NG joins this week then at least one will be filled but to continue with our bunch of midfielders will ensure we will continue to struggle.
    Perhaps try Glatzel in that position withWilson ? He seems a decent footballer, with pace. Let’s face it to move him on would probably mean a £4M loss at the very least.Ralls, Bacune and another can operate in front of the back 4 to give us some protection.
    Ralls , playing with confidence , is a quality player at this level