+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Was this season always intended to be a rebuild?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Was this season always intended to be a rebuild?

The manager is never going to admit it, because it would be demotivating for the players, but it looks like this season was always about planning for the future (DeWarnockification of the team), with a slight hope of making the playoffs (despite what Mehmet said).

In the first instance, there seems to be some success, since the average age is coming down, the players being brought in might actually have some resale value, although we値l soon have a team that have never met the fans.

On the second one, it痴 not looking good, but it does look like we値l have the same manager for at least the rest of the season, so do we need to accept that this is the much discussed season of consolidation and look forward to the next one, where hopefully at some stage we値l be allowed in?

Re: Was this season always intended to be a rebuild?

Signing Harry Wilson made no sense unless we thought that we had a good shot at making the play-offs again.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Signing Harry Wilson made no sense unless we thought that we had a good shot at making the play-offs again.
    I think it was, until we did this. I think they realised Wilson was a realistic opportunity after he didn't get a PL move and then the goalposts moved after his signing. I believe they thought we'd be there or there abouts while cutting the budget and rebuilding slowly but Wilson would move us back into contention. It doesn't help the top 6 or so are unusually strong.

No.

Hopefully the board have got together and now thats whats happening.

When is the rebuilding going to start?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Only thing I could think of is derisking relegation. Otherwise I値l tend to agree

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Only thing I could think of is DERISKING relegation. Otherwise I’ll tend to agree

Is this a new Derby pastime on snow ???

Dalman said he expected top 6 by January, so no.

that our mantra every season

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Dalman said he expected top 6 by January, so no.
    I considered that before the original post - that could easily be part of it.
    I don稚 believe anything said in the papers these days!

Intending that this season should be one of rebuilding suggests there's some sort of medium/long term planning strategy in place. That's a pretty fanciful notion with our current board and ownership.