+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SIMPSON MOVE COULD STILL BE ON SAYS BOURNEMOUTH MANAGER - LATEST

Re: SIMPSON MOVE COLLAPSES ACCORDING TO FOOTBALL INSIDER AT 12:04

Wiki states he's a Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Wiki states he's a Bluebird
    That's as good as a photo with Ken Choo signing a contract.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    According to WO piece up recently that site is talking cobblers and the club says it's still negotiating terms with the player
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...tions-19650695

According to WO piece up recently that site is talking cobblers and the club says it's still negotiating terms with the player
    Northampton?

Apart from a short loan period, Simpson has only ever been at Bournemouth
    "journeyman
    /ˈdʒəːnɪmən/
    noun
    a worker or sports player who is reliable but not outstanding.
    "a solid journeyman professional"

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Northampton?
    Saw what you did there 😁👍

"journeyman
    /ˈdʒəːnɪmən/
    noun
    a worker or sports player who is reliable but not outstanding.
    "a solid journeyman professional"
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Journeyman_(sports)

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post

.???

Yes okay Cyril. There are several usages of the word, as there are for many words.
    I merely cut and pasted the definition to make it clear which sense I was using it in.

What's you're point ?

.???

Yes okay Cyril. There are several usages of the word, as there are for many words.
    I merely cut and pasted the definition to make it clear which sense I was using it in.

What's you're point ?
    My point is the common usage in the UK does not fit with the way you used the word. No biggie!

Common usage of the word " nice" is to mean good or pleasant , but in fact it really means exact. Nothing wrong with the former and I'm not the word police , but you can't pull an engineer or mathematician up for specifying a "nice angle".
    I hesitate to get involved but you're just being silly because I disagreed with you on the politics board, and I wish you wouldn't.

We're chatting about football here , not having personal digs, so please let's not do that childish stuff.

Common usage of the word " nice" is to mean good or pleasant , but in fact it really means exact. Nothing wrong with the former and I'm not the word police , but you can't pull an engineer or mathematician up for specifying a "nice angle".
    I hesitate to get involved but you're just being silly because I disagreed with you on the politics board, and I wish you wouldn't.

We're chatting about football here , not having personal digs, so please let's not do that childish stuff.
    seriously though, journeyman means someone who has played for a lot of clubs

International

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    My understanding of the correct meaning of 'nice' from my school days is meaning fine as in very small or slim, as in a nice destiction where people were arguing about small points in a bigger debate.
    I suppose it's different things to different people..... which is nice!

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    My understanding of the correct meaning of 'nice' from my school days is meaning fine as in very small or slim, as in a nice destiction where people were arguing about small points in a bigger debate.
    I suppose it's different things to different people..... which is nice!

Na, it’s a biscuit

Or somewhere in the south of France to go on holiday

But a “journeyman” is someone who has had a lot of clubs, in this instance, FACT

International

Na, it’s a biscuit

Or somewhere in the south of France to go on holiday

But a “journeyman” is someone who has had a lot of clubs, in this instance, FACT
    But I thought with the bicuit and the place one came from the other but I'm not sure which came first. A bit like brazil nuts. Which are nice!

You may not be the word police but still thin skinned and self-righteous enough when accurately corrected by BlueTit to post a dictionary definition of the US use of the word. Perhaps you can postulate on the different meanings of the word snowflake on your way back to chatting football.

Re: SIMPSON MOVE COULD STILL BE ON SAYS BOURNEMOUTH MANAGER - LATEST

Bournemouth boss Jason Tindall has confirmed that offer has indeed been accepted.

“I found out that Cardiff put an offer in for Jack on Friday,"

“I think it was late Friday afternoon they made contact with the guys above and put an offer into the football club, that I think was initially rejected - then at some point after that was accepted.

“I don’t know the ins and outs – I don’t really get involved in that sort of thing.

“But I think that’s just credit to Jack and the performances he’s been delivering since he’s been in the team.

“All his hard work while he wasn’t in the team I think has paid off because when he came into the team he delivered some really good performances – hence why such a good and big club like Cardiff have come in for him and want to sign him.

“What happens beyond that is out of my control really. All I can say is I’ve been really happy with Simmo while he has been here.

“What happens moving forward is obviously not down to me. “

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Bournemouth boss Jason Tindall has confirmed that offer has indeed been accepted.

“I found out that Cardiff put an offer in for Jack on Friday,"

“I think it was late Friday afternoon they made contact with the guys above and put an offer into the football club, that I think was initially rejected - then at some point after that was accepted.

“I don’t know the ins and outs – I don’t really get involved in that sort of thing.

“But I think that’s just credit to Jack and the performances he’s been delivering since he’s been in the team.

“All his hard work while he wasn’t in the team I think has paid off because when he came into the team he delivered some really good performances – hence why such a good and big club like Cardiff have come in for him and want to sign him.

“What happens beyond that is out of my control really. All I can say is I’ve been really happy with Simmo while he has been here.

“What happens moving forward is obviously not down to me. “
    For the manager to say we are a good and big club obvious means he's desperate to get rid.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    For the manager to say we are a good and big club obvious means he's desperate to get rid.
    They're being offered money for someone they won't offer a contract to in 5 months time, and that fee will allow them to sign Carter-Vickers. Simpson is probably weighing up his options, as he might get more money/a better club in 6 months than he will here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I thought he was a bigger man than that.

He’s clearly a local boy who is suddenly in the starting XI so I can imagine him wanting to stick the season out and see what happens.

Can do RJ, but as I said to Cyril ( who I'm not getting into it with) , it can also mean what I said. There are loads of words with alternative meanings and that's just one.
    It's really not important and I wouldn't dream of pulling anyone up about using the wrong word here, which obviously happens all the time. It's just that I wasn't even wrong so...
    Seriously though, it's no big deal.

More importantly and interestingly , what's the score with this player ?
    More confusing information today from Bournemouth management, so what's the delay?
    As I said before, he's a satisfactory " sticking plaster" in that position, but he's not Beckenbauer or anything and what concerns me is the danger that we'll bugger about negotiating with him and run out of time to get that vital cover .

It'd be nice of course, but we don't need world class replacements at right back and centre back, just competent players who won't leak goals and undo the constructive work of the rest of the team. That's vital because then we can perhaps get the results which in many cases we've deserved in terms of attacking play and see a positive outcome from the presence of such players as Moore, Wilson and Ojo

More confusing information today from Bournemouth management, so what's the delay?
    As I said before, he's a satisfactory " sticking plaster" in that position, but he's not Beckenbauer or anything and what concerns me is the danger that we'll bugger about negotiating with him and run out of time to get that vital cover .

It'd be nice of course, but we don't need world class replacements at right back and centre back, just competent players who won't leak goals and undo the constructive work of the rest of the team. That's vital because then we can perhaps get the results which in many cases we've deserved in terms of attacking play and see a positive outcome from the presence of such players as Moore, Wilson and Ojo
    I'm really excited about this signing if we can pull it off.
    I think he can be a lot more than just a sticking plaster or journeyman.
    He's only just turned 24, is already a capable player at this level.
    Ball playing left footed centre backs are a valuable commodity for teams who want to play out from the back.
    If we can give him plenty of game time he could be worth a lot more than 750k in a couple of years time when he's heading into his peak years. Far better than signing more 30 year olds that are going to have zero resell value in a season or two.

I'm really excited about this signing if we can pull it off.
    I think he can be a lot more than just a sticking plaster or journeyman.
    He's only just turned 24, is already a capable player at this level.
    Ball playing left footed centre backs are a valuable commodity for teams who want to play out from the back.
    If we can give him plenty of game time he could be worth a lot more than 750k in a couple of years time when he's heading into his peak years. Far better than signing more 30 year olds that are going to have zero resell value in a season or two.
    Do you mean 'sticking plaster' as in 'Band-Aid' or as in building material that is adhered to walls to create a flat surface?

Do we need another Centre Back in this window with Morrison, Flint and Brown all available to join Nelson in the next two weeks? Much better to wait until the Summer when we can try to get a fee for at least one of our centre backs and bring in Simpson in on a free or many other available players! I’d prefer to get a central midfielder and get rid of Bacuna or Pack?