+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SIMPSON MOVE COULD STILL BE ON SAYS BOURNEMOUTH MANAGER - LATEST

Re: SIMPSON MOVE COULD STILL BE ON SAYS BOURNEMOUTH MANAGER - LATEST

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Do we need another Centre Back in this window with Morrison, Flint and Brown all available to join Nelson in the next two weeks? Much better to wait until the Summer when we can try to get a fee for at least one of our centre backs and bring in Simpson in on a free or many other available players! I’d prefer to get a central midfielder and get rid of Bacuna or Pack?
    If we can bring in a good player at a good price now then why not?

He might have many more suitors in the summer.
    Morrisson is a starter and you'd have to assume we would try to shift flint in the summer, so better to be giving game time to his replacement rather than him.

I'm not too sure on Brown, the SPL isn't the greatest standard, and not sre how long he has left on his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Do you mean 'sticking plaster' as in 'Band-Aid' or as in building material that is adhered to walls to create a flat surface?

Lol
    Yes I avoided pointing out that this was another expression capable of different meanings because I really don't want this interesting thread side tracked into something negative , but fair enough .
    Reluctantly , and against my better judgement I'll add that in both cases they're metaphors , so really they can mean anything you like can't they ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    If we can bring in a good player at a good price now then why not?

He might have many more suitors in the summer.
    Morrisson is a starter and you'd have to assume we would try to shift flint in the summer, so better to be giving game time to his replacement rather than him.

I'm not too sure on Brown, the SPL isn't the greatest standard, and not sre how long he has left on his contract.
    Totally agree RJ. If he comes willingly and without acting like a primadonna , ( dare I say that ?), then he's a reasonable aquisition. Mind you, according to Niel Harris in his press conference this afternoon Morrison will be back very shortly , so maybe cover there isn't quite as urgent as it seemed. Flint will also only be a couple of weeks apparently and, whilst he's frankly bog standard at best, he can do a job at centre back without making too many cock ups.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Common usage of the word " nice" is to mean good or pleasant , but in fact it really means exact. Nothing wrong with the former and I'm not the word police , but you can't pull an engineer or mathematician up for specifying a "nice angle".
    I hesitate to get involved but you're just being silly because I disagreed with you on the politics board, and I wish you wouldn't.

We're chatting about football here , not having personal digs, so please let's not do that childish stuff.
    Don't bite

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Unless he comes clean with his height were better off staying away from this lad.

Totally agree RJ. If he comes willingly and without acting like a primadonna , ( dare I say that ?), then he's a reasonable aquisition. Mind you, according to Niel Harris in his press conference this afternoon Morrison will be back very shortly , so maybe cover there isn't quite as urgent as it seemed. Flint will also only be a couple of weeks apparently and, whilst he's frankly bog standard at best, he can do a job at centre back without making too many cock ups.
    Flint is a good player at this level, but he's not the future, and he doesn't work well alongside morrisson

Flint is a good player at this level, but he's not the future, and he doesn't work well alongside morrisson
    Too alike, Morrison is far better in my view and I feel he is one of the best centre half's in the Championship and has been for some time .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Too alike, Morrison is far better in my view and I feel he is one of the best centre half's in the Championship and has been for some time .
    I would agree with all of that

Simpson not in the Bournemouth squad for tonights game, which is obviously expected

I would agree with all of that
    I wonder where he will sit alongside our recent centre half's say from Roger Johnson 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I wonder where he will sit alongside our recent centre half's say from Roger Johnson ��
    On his arse I s’pose when faced with a quick, classy centre forward

Lol
    Yes I avoided pointing out that this was another expression capable of different meanings because I really don't want this interesting thread side tracked into something negative , but fair enough .
    Reluctantly , and against my better judgement I'll add that in both cases they're metaphors , so really they can mean anything you like can't they ?
    Ya, like saying John Wayne is a "dodgy Builder"

999 people out of 1000 would say a "journeyman", is someone who has had several clubs employ him and in this country means NOTHING ELSE !

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

999 people out of 1000 would say a "journeyman", is someone who has had several clubs employ him and in this country means NOTHING ELSE !

journeyman
    (dʒɜːʳnimən )
    Word forms: plural journeymen
    1. COUNTABLE NOUN
    In former times, a journeyman was a worker who had finished learning a trade and who was employed by someone rather than working on his or her own.
    2. COUNTABLE NOUN [oft NOUN noun]
    If you refer to someone as a journeyman, you mean that they have the basic skill which their job requires, but are not very talented or original.
    [journalism]
    Douglas was a 29-year-old journeyman fighter, erratic in his previous fights.

You must write to both the Oxford New English Dictionary and Collins and correct them !

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

There’s even a ‘made up’ word for the opposite of journeyman in football parlance....oneclubman, so journeyman is sort of self explanatory.

I'm out of this conversation then. Some nasty people frankly.

I wonder if Simpson’s apparent second thoughts on a move here might have something to do with him logging onto a Cardiff City message board to find out what their supporters were saying about him

Don't bite.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I wonder if Simpson’s apparent second thoughts on a move here might have something to do with him logging onto a Cardiff City message board to find out what their supporters were saying about him
    Perhaps he has tallness issues

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That’s about the size of it!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Don't bite.

C’mon now Ronnie, don’t go trying nine or ten other messageboards, you know what they’ll start calling you
    It’s all in good fun mate.........well most of it is

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    That’s about the size of it!
    People have been telling tall tales.

Ignore them and be the bigger man............oh, hang on, that’s Simpson.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Ignore them and be the bigger man............oh, hang on, that’s Simpson.
    High jacking this thread again I see

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    High jacking this thread again I see
    I’ll get Lanky Simpson on to you