+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 1 Q.P.R. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 1 Q.P.R. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus_Mills View Post
    I still don't understand what happened to the team that got us in the playoffs? Harris has got to go.
    Tomlin dragged us to the play offs.

Re: CARDIFF CITY v Q.P.R. Match thread

Mark Hughes threw is hat in the management ring this week if not Hughes then get Pearson.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    There's no doubting City's commitment and application tonight but however well our team plays they're just no going to open up defences. We lack Championship quality midfielders - those with skill and pace who can move the ball quickly. Watching City you can see where the next couple of passes are going..
    We have one in Wilson and we still can't utilise his talents.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Yep, but we were also pretty hard to beat even when Tomlin wasn't winning games for us single-handedly.

Our defence has fallen apart this season.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    What formation were we supposed to be playing in the last 10 minutes?
    From 85 mins ... 3412:

Smithies
    Moz, Nelson, Bennett
    Ojo, Ralls, Bacuna, Murphy
    Harris
    Galtzel, Moore

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Thats just plain daft... he's deceased!
    Norman Cook maybe.
    No..

Norman Bates ... the motivator

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    No need. I'm taking no satisfaction from this sh!te.

I thought we would finish higher than this. To be even talking of relegation is ridiculous with this squad after finishing fifth but a few more losses and we're right in it.

It isn't a question of should we give Harris time anymore, it is more if we do could we actually go down? The team seem to be directionless and have little to no fight under him.
    It's possible we go down, it's possible that Harris takes us on another hot streak and we end up closer to the 9th/10th I think the squad is capable of placing. Either way, Harris has moved away from the 4-3-3 which brought us success last year, the 4-2-3-1 which didn't bring success but showed glimpses of wanting something more, and the 4-4-2 which did get results
    based on good (hard) work from Ojo and Wilson carrying the ball up the pitch with purpose...tonight said he's going back to hit and hope 4-4-2 and that should really trouble us no matter where we end up in the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Quite right. Without his 10 goals and 11 assists last season we'd have been knackered.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Mark Hughes threw is hat in the management ring this week if not Hughes then get Pearson.
    Mark Hughes finished 9th with a team built largely by Pulis, He then again finished 9th with Bojan as a false 9 and Stoke being called Stoke-lona.

He wouldn't be my first choice, neither would Pearson, as think there isn't enough longer term thinking left in him but at least have the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Thats just plain daft... he's deceased!
    Norman Cook maybe.
    Fat (Boy Slim) chance of him coming here.

Harris still hasn't turned up for his press conference...

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Harris still hasn't turned up for his press conference...
    Probably got lost on his way

Wrong info, please delete

How many goals have we conceded this season after backing off a player with the ball in our penalty area and letting them shoot?

How many goals have we conceded this season after backing off a player with the ball in our penalty area and letting them shoot?
    How many goals have we let in that you've actually thought, that was a good goal...

We're a soft touch.

Spot on not one player attacks the ball

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    How many goals have we let in that you've actually thought, that was a good goal...

We're a soft touch.
    At least we could reasonably blame Benkovic for the defeat at Wycombe. I don't know what the excuse can be after tonight. QPR are a poor team, but they bossed the second half and deserved to win the game.

At least we could reasonably blame Benkovic for the defeat at Wycombe. I don't know what the excuse can be after tonight. QPR are a poor team, but they bossed the second half and deserved to win the game.
    They've won 1 in 10, and they deservedly beat us. We were lucky it was 1-0. Let's be frank, we have played well 3 times this season? We were bloody awful against Stoke, pulled it out the bag and then we've been absolutely honking since. If he doesn't go now, we're in trouble. I dont think the board will appoint anyone decent but now we have no choice, anyone will be better than Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    Didn't see the game. Probably wrong to make a judgement on this game, but any views on Watters?
    Did nothing to stand out but then again neither did any of his team mates. We looked much better when Harris came on for what was a like for like swap. No criticism, i'd be surprised if he could remember everyone's name.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Did nothing to stand out but then again neither did any of his team mates. We looked much better when Harris came on for what was a like for like swap. No criticism, i'd be surprised if he could remember everyone's name.
    I can't agree with this. We were terrible for the entire second half. Mark Harris does nothing except run around a lot. He's a discount Gavin Whyte.

Thought it was a lot to ask of him to come in, hardly any training time, into a side barely capable of scoring from open play.

I can't agree with this. We were terrible for the entire second half. Mark Harris does nothing except run around a lot. He's a discount Gavin Whyte.
    On the flip side, we have lots of players who don't run or have any movement at all and just stand around the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Thought it was a lot to ask of him to come in, hardly any training time, into a side barely capable of scoring from open play.
    I'll be upset if people on here write him off already, at least wait until the next week.
    Last edited by OurManFlint II; 20-01-21 at 22:40. Reason: spelling

Why didnt Harris start with the side that finished against Norwich. Stick to 4.2.3.1 with 2 out of vaulks, ralls or bacuna. Wilson at 10 with Ojo and murphy wide moore in middle.

I'll be upset if people on here write him off already, at least wait until the next week.
    Absolutely.