+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 1 Q.P.R. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 1 Q.P.R. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiwbina Blues View Post
    Why didnt Harris start with the side that finished against Norwich. Stick to 4.2.3.1 with 2 out of vaulks, ralls or bacuna. Wilson at 10 with Ojo and murphy wide moore in middle.
    Yeah think we needed 2 wide players to counter their 3 central defenders and wing back. They always had an outlet wide and we went through the middle, which was compact as they set up in their own half to defend. Then of course we went over it but they had 3 against 2, and despite Moore winning most, their spare man cleaned up.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Tomlin dragged us to the play offs.
    He didn't. We actually played some decent football after the break and Tomlin only started a handful of games.

I didn't see the game, but that lineup has got to be close to our best starting 11. I thought Bacuna would relish being able to play in midfield. Once Pack is available. I'd rather see him play than Vaulks.

Did we still use long throws? Did Watters look better than Glatzel?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I didn't see the game, but that lineup has got to be close to our best starting 11. I thought Bacuna would relish being able to play in midfield. Once Pack is available. I'd rather see him play than Vaulks.

We barely won any long throws, corners or free kicks in their defensive area. Watters was as isolated as Glatzel usually is

He didn't. We actually played some decent football after the break and Tomlin only started a handful of games.
    Set up the winner at Preston, set up the winner at Bristol, scored the winner at Derby, set up the winner against Boro..That's 4 wins he was directly responsible for, that's without acknowledging his form before the injury and lock down. Yes he didn't start many games but the ones he came off the bench in, he had a direct match winning impact in. Without Tomlin there's no chance we end up in the play offs last season, you can tell Harris has no idea what do to this season without him

No we didn’t.

Have you seen this post?

‘ Quite right. Without his 10 goals and 11 assists last season we'd have been knackered.

StT.
    <><’

I was at Luton towards the end of last season and we were playing this usual bland directionless football until Tomlin pops up and scores a really nice goal and everyone forgets about the rest of the game.

As lots or people say, his cameo appearances were enough to paper over the cracks of a pedestrian team that immediately came unstuck in the play offs as soon as we came up against a side that played football.

Bacuna was awful completely anonymous. Came into it in the last 10 minutes with loads of space. Yes we did long throws but didnt get into that many attacking positions.

Watters was anonymous no service but Moore managed to get into the game its clear hes on a completely different level to our other strikers. Far too early to judge Watters. To be fair I think Glatzel gave the ball away more than Watters in the period he was on.

Bacuna was awful completely anonymous. Came into it in the last 10 minutes with loads of space. Yes we did long throws but didnt get into that many attacking positions.

Watters was anonymous no service but Moore managed to get into the game its clear hes on a completely different level to our other strikers. Far too early to judge Watters. To be fair I think Glatzel gave the ball away more than Watters in the period he was on.

We are in deep trouble with this group of players and if Moore got injured wed be in serious trouble I think we would probably go down.We should forget all about playing style until the summer and play to what has given us results , direct and if necessary rely on set pieces to get the number of wins to stay up.

Edit.

20210121_154155.jpg

interestingly the QPR keeper was the highest rated keeper of the week

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I can't agree with this. We were terrible for the entire second half. Mark Harris does nothing except run around a lot. He's a discount Gavin Whyte.
    Okay, much better was probably a stretch. Harris runs the channels and chases those hopeless balls, which i think is a clear instruction. Where as the new lad was too close to Moore and seemed (unsurprisingly) that he wasn't sure what his role was.