+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Murphy being tracked

Murphy being tracked

According to this article, Josh Murphy is wanted by Derby, Forest and Wednesday.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/f...y-want-murphy/

Will Harris let him go?

Re: Murphy being tracked

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    According to this article, Josh Murphy is wanted by Derby, Forest and Wednesday.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/f...y-want-murphy/

Will Harris let him go?
    Yes.

International

This is the same reliable source that said that the Simpson deal had collapsed is it?

Big hitters

I wouldn't be surprised if many are tracking but I would think our valuation and theirs is wildly apart but he probably does need a move

Murphy is one of only 5 of first team squad members 25 or under.

The others are Dillon Phillips, Mark Harris, Joel Bagan, and new signing Max Watters

Talk about future planning.

They've obviously got mixed up with his brother

They wouldn't have to track back very quickly to catch him

We'll be lucky to get anything for him but I'd snap your hands off. He'll be on big money and has been a flop. When he's bad, he's as bad as it gets. Shame, too, as he looked the business early doors but how many times have we seen anything since, apart from small flashes in games?

he's got talent but we haven't been able to get the best out of him.
    if he has a good run of games he'd quickly be our most valuable asset

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    We've been saying that for 2 and a half seasons, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    it's still true though, which says as much about the rest of the squad as it does about him

it's still true though, which says as much about the rest of the squad as it does about him
    I'd argue Moore and Watters would be worth more if they start scoring.

I'd argue Moore and Watters would be worth more if they start scoring.
    Watters if he starts scoring at this level like he did at Crawley will obviously shot up in value.
    Moore is already worth a lot more than we paid for him probably, but given his age , anyone buying him now isn't going to get any re-sell value, so I'd guess that'd cap him out at about 10-15m .
    Murphy or Watters probably above that if they suddenly have a great season.

Who knows though, everyone is only worth what someone is willing to pay.

How long would this run of good games have to be?! He's done almost nothing for us since the first half of the 2018/19 season.

Watters if he starts scoring at this level like he did at Crawley will obviously shot up in value.
    Moore is already worth a lot more than we paid for him probably, but given his age , anyone buying him now isn't going to get any re-sell value, so I'd guess that'd cap him out at about 10-15m .
    Murphy or Watters probably above that if they suddenly have a great season.

Who knows though, everyone is only worth what someone is willing to pay.
    There is no way we will get anywhere near what we paid for Murphy, even if he catches fire. He's been so poor for the majority of his time here, he's nearly 26 and so by the time he has a prolonged good run, he'll be nearly 27.

Moore and Watters will be worth a hell of a lot of money if they score goals like they have done in the first half of the season.

There is no way we will get anywhere near what we paid for Murphy, even if he catches fire. He's been so poor for the majority of his time here, he's nearly 26 and so by the time he has a prolonged good run, he'll be nearly 27.

Moore and Watters will be worth a hell of a lot of money if they score goals like they have done in the first half of the season.
    If Bellamy became our manager I wonder if Murphy could recapture his form when he originally joined ?
    After all, Bellamy played exactly that role.
    When he arrived we were in the Premiership but even top flight full backs struggled to contain him.
    The amount of players marking him that received yellow cards within 30-40 minutes was plenty.
    What happened to that form ?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    This is the same reliable source that said that the Simpson deal had collapsed is it?
    His agent giving away exclusives?

Get shot. If we weren't in lockdown, I'd offer to drive him.

I ran out of patience with the one trick pony work-shy prima Donna a long time ago.
    I personally think we'll be lucky to get a quarter of what we paid for him tho (12 mil was it?) and it will probably be to a team whose manager is struggling and desperate to keep his job based (the 3 clubs mentioned fit that about right) on pre-CCFC form and the odd decent glimpse whilst playing for us.
    If he did manage to blag a move to a decent attack-minded team, with a world class defender behind him of course, it will be interesting to see exactly what he is capable of and whether his fans on here are proved right or not.

He's obvs on decent money so hopefully fee and wages will help NH replace him with his own man. Hoilett when fit, who is a much better option than JM, will do for now.
    Hopefully we can get a decent centre mid in with the funds.

Here's a thought, maybe Steve Bruce will come in for him, some desperate hope that the Murphy twins keep Newcastle in the Premier and save himself.

He’s had numerous chances, what could have been a decent signing was another huge waste of money, possibly the worst of all in fact, double madine!