+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Peaky Blinders

Peaky Blinders

Returning for final series

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-55711552

Brilliant series.

Re: Peaky Blinders

The early days were brilliant but I do think it went a series too many. Very popular though with spin off pubs and theme nights etc, can’t blame them for milking it, hope it regains its former glory.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    The early days were brilliant but I do think it went a series too many. Very popular though with spin off pubs and theme nights etc, can’t blame them for milking it, hope it regains its former glory.
    I agree, it all got a bit silly, stopped watching it.

Found a pub called "The Garrison" in Baku at the last Euro Qualifiers. I asked the guy behind the bar, why the name. Peaky Blinders was the reply!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post

Brilliant series.
    Over rated. I watched 4 episodes, and just found it cliched and predictable. I don't usually give up, but had to on this. It was uninteresting.

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    Over rated. I watched 4 episodes, and just found it cliched and predictable. I don't usually give up, but had to on this. It was uninteresting.
    Each to their own.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I agree, it all got a bit silly, stopped watching it.
    Me too Anthony . Was disappointed in descended into same same rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post

Brilliant series.
    The series with Adrien Brody in it as New York mafia was great, as is Tom Hardy. So many decent actors, gutted it’s going to end.

I stopped watching it half way through the last series. It was all 'style' and no 'substance'. No story line. Just weird.

It was supposed to have 7 series ending at the outbreak of 2nd World War., but now this will be final series.

I agree. The first and second series were absolutely superb.

Great series, and although I will probably watch this "last" one, it could well be one, possibly two series too far.

It did get a little predictable but you can say that with many of these TV series. Breaking Bad which i also loved, had some monster flaws in it.

I quite like that PB is based on historical events/times even though there may only be a smidge of fact in there.
    It is, after all, all in the name of entertainment.

Game of Thrones has to be the biggest let down. So much so I reckon they should do a "Bobby Ewing" for the last dreadful series and GRRM should finish it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Great series, and although I will probably watch this "last" one, it could well be one, possibly two series too far.

It did get a little predictable but you can say that with many of these TV series. Breaking Bad which i also loved, had some monster flaws in it.

I quite like that PB is based on historical events/times even though there may only be a smidge of fact in there.
    It is, after all, all in the name of entertainment.

Game of Thrones has to be the biggest let down. So much so I reckon they should do a "Bobby Ewing" for the last dreadful series and GRRM should finish it properly.
    If GRRM actually finishes the books I can see there being a remake in a few years.
    It was a let down indeed, first 4 seasons were superb. Final few seasons were all fart no shit (even having cameos for Ed Sheeran ffs).

Talking of poor last seasons of serials. House of Cards after the sacking of Kevin Soacey final one was a complete disaster.

Weeds was good but went on too much