+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If Bacuna is picked at right back tonight !

If Bacuna is picked at right back tonight !

It would put to bed any idea that Harris knows what he's doing !

I would also throw Watters in too but I fully expect Moore to be up front on his own.

Re: If Bacuna is picked at right back tonight !

You think that someone can get up to speed on the defensive system and drills during a light training session on the day of the match?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    You think that someone can get up to speed on the defensive system and drills during a light training session on the day of the match?

It's not rocket science, is it !

Just kick the ball as far and as high as you can, and wack the other fella into touch if he crosses the half way line.

It could be written on the back of a fag packet, what system are you talking about?

We are currently bottom of the form charts. If the same players are selected, we will lose.

Yes it's a gamble throwing new players straight in but what have we got to lose?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It could be written on the back of a fag packet, what system are you talking about?
    You don't think they have drills for set pieces, defensive set up etc?

Quote Originally Posted by blueblade View Post
    We are currently bottom of the form charts. If the same players are selected, we will lose.

Yes it's a gamble throwing new players straight in but what have we got to lose?
    I'm saying that there is an equal risk of a new player starting his career at a higher level badly and that impacting his confidence if he is thrown in the deep end under prepared.

I don't think I'm a alone in wondering what the hell we do in training !

Sam Hamman's planning was so why not Harris's tactics.

"Defend as best you know how. Boot the ball into a channel. Don't run with it, don't pass it, get rid of it as soon as you can".

I think Glatzel will play, we cannot afford to rush Moore back and risk another injury. He's too important.

Ng will probably play but I don't think it will be any great surprise if he doesn't tonight. Saturday would be a different story, mind!

Yup, that wouldn't be that difficult to master, especially for a fullback who is around the club anyway. These are Professional footballers, a few simple instructions on how to line up at a set piece isn't difficult for them.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    "Defend as best you know how. Boot the ball into a channel. Don't run with it, don't pass it, get rid of it as soon as you can".
    We don't do zonal marking, there's one thing out of the way. The fullback sits on the near post, a midfielder sits in front of the first attacker, the furthest fullback gets goal side and guards the far post, the two central defenders stay on their feet and if they can't win the ball, they impose themselves on the attacker. That should be it.

I think if he's fit NG will play. Even being thrown into the team has to make more sense than playing a CM there when we now have the option not to.

Think Watters will start from the bench and will probably do the sort of cameo that Harris provides. Unless we go 442

I find myself agreeing with you 100% Cyril !
    Glad indeed to be able to do that.

Lot of people don't seem to understand how tricky it is to work new players into a team whoever they are, and in this case he's going to get a massive culture shock in terms of the speed of the play and the ammount of times he'll get away with a small mistake.
    I think he can do it but it's a very hard call to expect him to do it instantly and even though we might have to give it a run given the lack of options, the risk is wrecking his confidence and getting the moron base within the fans on his case for years to come.

Honestly , and notwithstanding the urgent nature of a replacement there, I'd be 50/50 about whether to persuade poor old Bacuna to do it one more time which should prevent any horrible disasters and putting this massive respnsibility on the boy's shoulders.
    I presume that he's had Hoilett , Ojo etc really testing him in the limited time, so no doubt he's got a better idea than us about which way to call it.

Yup, that wouldn't be that difficult to master, especially for a fullback who is around the club anyway. These are Professional footballers, a few simple instructions on how to line up at a set piece isn't difficult for them.

Yeah, which is why the thing went to crap for Norwich's first goal.
    EXACTLY that! The young boy at full back took the bait and chased an attacker into nowhere making a hole in the middle and Bennet, ( perhaps the best left back in the Championship) couldn't make his mind up what he was supposed to be doing at centre back for the corner.
    Of course it's not a "few simple instructions".

Ng has not played many matches lately due to his six game suspension, so there’s probably a decent chance that he won’t start and Neil Harris sounded like it was far from sure that Moore would start.

some of you guys are simple

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Yeah, which is why the thing went to crap for Norwich's first goal.
    EXACTLY that! The young boy at full back took the bait and chased an attacker into nowhere making a hole in the middle and Bennet, ( perhaps the best left back in the Championship) couldn't make his mind up what he was supposed to be doing at centre back for the corner.
    Of course it's not a "few simple instructions".
    It really is. I have no idea what you're talking about concerning the Norwich game as i haven't watched it. Defending is the easiest job on a football pitch, the tasks involved are quite basic. If a defender loses Discipline and is pulled out of position it's because he's not concentrating or he just needs to slow down and compose himself. Nothing to do with being drilled on how to react in certain situations, that's down to the player,

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    I find myself agreeing with you 100% Cyril !
    Glad indeed to be able to do that.

Lot of people don't seem to understand how tricky it is to work new players into a team whoever they are, and in this case he's going to get a massive culture shock in terms of the speed of the play and the ammount of times he'll get away with a small mistake.
    I think he can do it but it's a very hard call to expect him to do it instantly and even though we might have to give it a run given the lack of options, the risk is wrecking his confidence and getting the moron base within the fans on his case for years to come.

Honestly , and notwithstanding the urgent nature of a replacement there, I'd be 50/50 about whether to persuade poor old Bacuna to do it one more time which should prevent any horrible disasters and putting this massive respnsibility on the boy's shoulders.
    I presume that he's had Hoilett , Ojo etc really testing him in the limited time, so no doubt he's got a better idea than us about which way to call it.
    Taking this one to the bank!

My reply to the OP was rather stark because it stated that if Harris didn't pick Ng tonight it would put to bed any idea that Harris knows what he's doing !

It is nowhere near as clear cut as that. Ng would be going into a back four comprising of a makeshift central defender, another who looks lost for positional sense since his partner got injured and a prospect who has played a handful of Championship games. Playing him could be one unstable step too far.

Set against that Bacuna has been the weakest link in the last few games, Ng was captain of Crewe so should have something about him in a defence needing a leader and moving Bacuna into midfield instead of Vaulks would be a benefit.

Guess we will know in a few minutes anyway!

Harris has passed blueblade's test

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Harris has passed blueblade's test
    Harsh on Bagan, but a much more experienced and stable back line for Ng to make his debut - with Morrison back and Bennett reinstated at LB.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Harsh on Bagan, but a much more experienced and stable back line for Ng to make his debut - with Morrison back and Bennett reinstated at LB.
    I can only assume he knows he needs a win, it looks like a huge gamble with Morrison

It really is. I have no idea what you're talking about concerning the Norwich game as i haven't watched it. Defending is the easiest job on a football pitch, the tasks involved are quite basic. If a defender loses Discipline and is pulled out of position it's because he's not concentrating or he just needs to slow down and compose himself. Nothing to do with being drilled on how to react in certain situations, that's down to the player,

Well if that were true then any of the forward players could have been brought in to do it.
    It's honestly not that simple Tuerto. It's a rare and very valuable ability to consistently do it properly and it's extremely important because a defender at this level can't make many mistakes which will result in goals whereas an attacking player can make massive cock ups and all that will, happen is that he'll get shouted at.
    Also bear in mind that defenders can't commit fouls all over the place, especially in the penalty area , and must at all times be aware not to encroach on their goalkeeper who might decide to come out for a cross or reduce the angle on a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I can only assume he knows he needs a win, it looks like a huge gamble with Morrison
    The pre-QPR training clip on the club website seemed to show Flint in full training but Morrison just working alone with physios. I didn't expect to see him even on the bench tonight. Hopefully that was all misinformation directed at QPR and not a massive gamble.