+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: If Bacuna is picked at right back tonight !

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: If Bacuna is picked at right back tonight !

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    You think that someone can get up to speed on the defensive system and drills during a light training session on the day of the match?

I find myself agreeing with you 100% Cyril !
    Glad indeed to be able to do that.

Lot of people don't seem to understand how tricky it is to work new players into a team whoever they are, and in this case he's going to get a massive culture shock in terms of the speed of the play and the ammount of times he'll get away with a small mistake.
    I think he can do it but it's a very hard call to expect him to do it instantly and even though we might have to give it a run given the lack of options, the risk is wrecking his confidence and getting the moron base within the fans on his case for years to come.

Honestly , and notwithstanding the urgent nature of a replacement there, I'd be 50/50 about whether to persuade poor old Bacuna to do it one more time which should prevent any horrible disasters and putting this massive respnsibility on the boy's shoulders.
    I presume that he's had Hoilett , Ojo etc really testing him in the limited time, so no doubt he's got a better idea than us about which way to call it.

Re: If Bacuna is picked at right back tonight !

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    I find myself agreeing with you 100% Cyril !
    Glad indeed to be able to do that.

Lot of people don't seem to understand how tricky it is to work new players into a team whoever they are, and in this case he's going to get a massive culture shock in terms of the speed of the play and the ammount of times he'll get away with a small mistake.
    I think he can do it but it's a very hard call to expect him to do it instantly and even though we might have to give it a run given the lack of options, the risk is wrecking his confidence and getting the moron base within the fans on his case for years to come.

Honestly , and notwithstanding the urgent nature of a replacement there, I'd be 50/50 about whether to persuade poor old Bacuna to do it one more time which should prevent any horrible disasters and putting this massive respnsibility on the boy's shoulders.
    I presume that he's had Hoilett , Ojo etc really testing him in the limited time, so no doubt he's got a better idea than us about which way to call it.
    Taking this one to the bank!

My reply to the OP was rather stark because it stated that if Harris didn't pick Ng tonight it would put to bed any idea that Harris knows what he's doing !

It is nowhere near as clear cut as that. Ng would be going into a back four comprising of a makeshift central defender, another who looks lost for positional sense since his partner got injured and a prospect who has played a handful of Championship games. Playing him could be one unstable step too far.

Set against that Bacuna has been the weakest link in the last few games, Ng was captain of Crewe so should have something about him in a defence needing a leader and moving Bacuna into midfield instead of Vaulks would be a benefit.

Guess we will know in a few minutes anyway!