Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
You think that someone can get up to speed on the defensive system and drills during a light training session on the day of the match?

I find myself agreeing with you 100% Cyril !
Glad indeed to be able to do that.

Lot of people don't seem to understand how tricky it is to work new players into a team whoever they are, and in this case he's going to get a massive culture shock in terms of the speed of the play and the ammount of times he'll get away with a small mistake.
I think he can do it but it's a very hard call to expect him to do it instantly and even though we might have to give it a run given the lack of options, the risk is wrecking his confidence and getting the moron base within the fans on his case for years to come.

Honestly , and notwithstanding the urgent nature of a replacement there, I'd be 50/50 about whether to persuade poor old Bacuna to do it one more time which should prevent any horrible disasters and putting this massive respnsibility on the boy's shoulders.
I presume that he's had Hoilett , Ojo etc really testing him in the limited time, so no doubt he's got a better idea than us about which way to call it.