+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Relegation battle

Relegation battle

We are in a relegation battle and need a change fast or we are going to go .......... .............Down

Re: Relegation battle

If Rotherham get anything from their two games in hand we could be as close at 7 points to the relegation places, the last of which being occupied by Derby who beat Bournemouth last night.

It is unbelievable how quickly we have gone backwards.

Some people were mulling over whether we keep Harris and give him time. If we do then we could very quickly be in a relegation battle very soon. If you don't think so have a look at that result tonight to the 19th placed team at kick off.

No, not quite , but I'm thinking that we will be if we carry on like this.

In fairness it was close and there were obvious problems with two new players at the same time. However he can't just go on losing games even if there are positives.

Do people still think attractive positive football is preferable to Warnockball ?

Probably too late for anyone to do much this season now and he's definitely building something , but I'd say we can give him two games to settle his new players in, and after that, well then as you say we'll be in relagation territory and a change will be forced on the club because I don't think Mr Tan can be reasonably expected to allow his huge investment to end up in League 1

Back when we played the Jacks if we had won we would have been a point behind them ...
    It's now 17 points and growing weekly they are now 2nd and looking good for it we are 15th and must have the worst form in the league

The biggest worry is where and how do we buy a win .

I know what Warnock would do .

Quote Originally Posted by Its been emotional View Post
    Back when we played the Jacks if we had won we would have been a point behind them ...
    It's now 17 points and growing weekly they are now 2nd and looking good for it we are 15th and must have the worst form in the league
    I can’t believe that we are STILL 15th. We have been for ages.......

Harris tried that late on, with his five-man forward line...

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    No, not quite , but I'm thinking that we will be if we carry on like this.

In fairness it was close and there were obvious problems with two new players at the same time. However he can't just go on losing games even if there are positives.

Do people still think attractive positive football is preferable to Warnockball ?

Probably too late for anyone to do much this season now and he's definitely building something , but I'd say we can give him two games to settle his new players in, and after that, well then as you say we'll be in relagation territory and a change will be forced on the club because I don't think Mr Tan can be reasonably expected to allow his huge investment to end up in League 1
    Do you think we are playing attractive football ?
    Clearly not seen us for a long time

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Do you think we are playing attractive football ?
    Clearly not seen us for a long time

I'll be honest Dai, I'm not the one to ask that.
    I know a lot of people here were moaning under Sir Neil and demanding some of the stuff we've seen under the current manager. You'd have to say some of the attacking play has been more adventurous and looks good on the odd occasion when it comes off.

Personally though I'm more concerned with winning than anything else, in football and most other things to be truthful.
    What many might call attractive I'd probably regard as poncing about, and I do know that's not necessarily a marvellous attitude , so I'm just being truthful in saying that I'd be a poor judge of "attractive" football.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    I'll be honest Dai, I'm not the one to ask that.
    I know a lot of people here were moaning under Sir Neil and demanding some of the stuff we've seen under the current manager. You'd have to say some of the attacking play has been more adventurous and looks good on the odd occasion when it comes off.

Personally though I'm more concerned with winning than anything else, in football and most other things to be truthful.
    What many might call attractive I'd probably regard as poncing about, and I do know that's not necessarily a marvellous attitude , so I'm just being truthful in saying that I'd be a poor judge of "attractive" football.
    The large part being missed here is those who were calling for Warnock to go and for us to play a more attractive style did not want a manager who was the closest thing to Warnock and his style you could get but without the success.

That is in effect what Harris is.

Last night's game was a 6 pointer against opposition below us, playing at home and we failed miserably.

We have won 1 game in 8 and were losing that until very late on.
    Lost 6 in a row for the first time since probably the last time we got relegated not including the Premier League.

Harris said after last night's shambles that 'the players are lacking confidence' well that's your job to motivate and change things and get the players 100% right for every game.

First sign of madness is to continue to do what you are doing and expect different results, its the same old rubbish week in week out.

Thanks for your efforts, you seem a nice enough bloke, you are taking us backwards please do the honourable thing and resign.

Quote Originally Posted by Its been emotional View Post
    Last night's game was a 6 pointer against opposition below us, playing at home and we failed miserably.

We have won 1 game in 8 and were losing that until very late on.
    Lost 6 in a row for the first time since probably the last time we got relegated not including the Premier League.

Harris said after last night's shambles that 'the players are lacking confidence' well that's your job to motivate and change things and get the players 100% right for every game.

First sign of madness is to continue to do what you are doing and expect different results, its the same old rubbish week in week out.

Thanks for your efforts, you seem a nice enough bloke, you are taking us backwards please do the honourable thing and resign.
    Based on our last 6 results we are the worse in the Championship

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    The large part being missed here is those who were calling for Warnock to go and for us to play a more attractive style did not want a manager who was the closest thing to Warnock and his style you could get but without the success.

That is in effect what Harris is.

That's about 150% right !

Our current man is still learning how to be Sir Neil Warnock.
    I don't think those who were calling for him to go understood themselves what they wanted or what exactly they meant by "attractive football".
    Winning football is 100% drilled and cynical , and that's also true at the level of Manchester City type teams. The only difference is that they can afford the type of players who do that in a more flash and skill full way.