+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So, is anybody still behind Harris?

So, is anybody still behind Harris?

Another totally expected loss and disjointed performance which smacked of desperation towards the end! So does he stay? If so, why?

Re: So, is anybody still behind Harris?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dargavel View Post
    Another totally expected loss and disjointed performance which smacked of desperation towards the end! So does he stay? If so, why?
    Yes most of Swansea

It's getting harder.

I've always been ambivalent towards him staying, not enjoyed the football this season at all but I also don't want to see us having to hire a new manager every other season.

The form though is inexcusable.

Some people will support him no matter what, I haven't seem anything since his arrival to make me think he is capable at this level. He needs to be replaced instantly.
    I'm waiting for the joke that he is building something.

NO!

The silence of the Harris in lot has spoken volumes these past few weeks.

Even they can't still be backing him.

Its does look like a side and managerial team devoid of passion and belief.

God what we'd give for a Warnock moment now , he knows how to motivate .

can only imagine if we were all allowed to games...

i never wanted him from the off... id have settled for kermit the frog 250-1

Nah I turned my back on him after the Forest game. He's very lucky there aren't fans in the stadium otherwise he would have lost his job after the first winless run

Yes

Worst thing that happened is we scrapped into the playoffs last season

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Its does look like a side and managerial team devoid of passion and belief.

God what we'd give for a Warnock moment now , he knows how to motivate .
    Would that be Warnockasaurus?

I wonder how many of the Harris out brigade were Warnock outers.

Does "be careful what you wish for" ring any bells?

It ain't just about the manager.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Would that be Warnockasaurus?

I wonder how many of the Harris out brigade were Warnock outers.

Does "be careful what you wish for" ring any bells?

It ain't just about the manager.
    I think most people who wanted Warnock out felt it was the perfect time for a change in style.... I doubt any of them though a poor Warnock was the right choice.

Agreed. It was a chance to completely sweep the decks. I wasn’t bowled over by the appointment of NH but was perfectly willing to give him a chance. However nothing at all has suggested he is a modern thinker with a very clear direction in which to take us. The recruitment has been decent but who knows how much Harris has truly had to do with the players we have signed. Still, even having been backed with good signings, we still belt out the same old tune. We start slowly, fail to make basic passes and control the ball, wake up when we go behind and then start pinging lots of aimless balls into the area. Name me an outfield player that owns his position aside from Morrison?

There's enough in the cons list now that even if he does finish the season I don't think he's the manager to take us forward over the next two plus years.

I still think it won't be til '22-'23 season when we have a real chance of promotion thanks to errors made by Warnock and co before they left but if Harris sticks around another year we could be pushing that into the '23-'24 season.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    There's enough in the cons list now that even if he does finish the season I don't think he's the manager to take us forward over the next two plus years.

I still think it won't be til '22-'23 season when we have a real chance of promotion thanks to errors made by Warnock and co before they left but if Harris sticks around another year we could be pushing that into the '23-'24 season.
    I wouldn't be so pessimistic, I think we've got a real shot at the League 1 playoffs next season

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I think most people who wanted Warnock out felt it was theperfect time for a change in style.... I doubt any of them though a poor Warnock was the right choice.
    So you think bringing in a different manager is going to change everything for the better just like that?

Jurgen effin Klopp would struggle

Top to bottom needs an overhaul.

Lots of people still think Harris is good enough. They just support Swansea City.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Lots of people still think Harris is good enough. They just support Swansea City.
    Now I actually lol’d at that! 👍

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    So you think bringing in a different manager is going to change everything for the better just like that?

Jurgen effin Klopp would struggle

Top to bottom needs an overhaul.
    No who said that?
    I'd have thought a season on we would see some kind of improvement t or some kind of plan some kind of style change.
    I've seen very little that's been improved on that warranted him being the correct choice.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post

I hate these stupid expressions such as Harris in lot. They tend to suggest the club is split into cliques

They are fans who happen to have a different view to you.

The silence of those who do not think Harris should be manager spoke volumes at the end of last season as well.

As I pointed out elsewhere Jimmy Scoular, one of the club legendary managers , had several bad patches in his first few years ( didn't win a league game until October , finished 20thth in his second, had a run in his third where we didn't wind for 12 games got 3 points and were 22nd In early November when we next won. We were never above 19th after that ( and that was just for one week and finished 20th again.

A message board then if it had existed would have gone into meltdown. Scoular would probably not even reached his third season and who knows what would have happened.

It is of course a different world now ( and even then Scoular can be considered lucky not many manager survived two successive 20th positions.

Oh and a lot of the football was dross as well.

I have a lot of sympathy with the view Craig Bellamy expressed that manager needed to be given time but I am afraid that is Utopia

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post

This is a bit childish isn’t it? People wanted him to do well and were backing him.

It’s almost like you’re pleased he’s doing shit so you can say “I told you so” to people who wanted to give him a fair chance.

Harris , and the players are not , thankfully having to face the dogs abuse he and the team are getting from afar

If people think changing the manager is going to turn around a bad run of form like someone with the midas touch then I would like to hear some names

Warnock is a fantastic man motivator who goes against the pretty diving happy clappy modern football nonsense and gets results

But the fans turned on him

So until the club makes a move or Harris does a runner he's manager of Cardiff City and if I were to see him shopping in tescos I would say unlucky , onto the next game .

We have about a ten point buffer from the relegation zone , if we sneak a couple of wins we will be solidly in mid table

Then we can regroup and the new signings and Moore can settle back in

Unless somebody has some names its all pointless

If those at the top make a move then hopefully they get their man but who is out there ?

Is Len Ashurst still about or has he still at Sunderland?

Nathan Blake

Black Steel In The Hour Of Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Harris , and the players are not , thankfully having to face the dogs abuse he and the team are getting from afar

If people think changing the manager is going to turn around a bad run of form like someone with the midas touch then I would like to hear some names

Warnock is a fantastic man motivator who goes against the pretty diving happy clappy modern football nonsense and gets results

But the fans turned on him

So until the club makes a move or Harris does a runner he's manager of Cardiff City and if I were to see him shopping in tescos I would say unlucky , onto the next game .

We have about a ten point buffer from the relegation zone , if we sneak a couple of wins we will be solidly in mid table

Then we can regroup and the new signings and Moore can settle back in

Unless somebody has some names its all pointless

If those at the top make a move then hopefully they get their man but who is out there ?

Is Len Ashurst still about or has he still at Sunderland?
    It's 9 points. We're 9 points ahead of Rotherham who have two games in hand, sure they are guaranteed wins but they have only won 3 games fewer than us all season, we aren't in a position to ignore the threat of a relegation battle.

As for a new manager turning around this form, why is that out of your imagination? We've lost 6 games straight, you think no-one out there could do better? Laughable.