+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So, is anybody still behind Harris?

Re: So, is anybody still behind Harris?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Something must be slightly off with Paul Cook, he can't seem to even get an interview. I don't know what it is, though!
    It's the Bill Grundy thing. Unfair too because he never said a word.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I wish I was

What have we got to hold onto? The style of play is bloody awful, we're not winning games and we're not progressing. I can accept Harris as a safe pair of hands but now we're in real bother. We've played well for maybe 3 games (and won those 3). I really thought we turned a corner but we didn't.

Harris is not the only problem and I have no issue with a DoF, in fact I'd welcome it. That is not going to change what is happening on the pitch now. Harris is responsible for that and we're getting worse if anything. Harris is far from the only problem at the football club but he's the most immediate issue. Our form and performances have fallen off a cliff, and something has got to give.
    I agree its not good at the moment but you've gone from his staunchest defender to his biggest critic!!!

As ive said in the Harris In, Harris Out thread I do think the football gods have worked against him this season, starting with the bizarre sacking of NML, but its a results business and he can have no complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I agree its not good at the moment but you've gone from his staunchest defender to his biggest critic!!!

As ive said in the Harris In, Harris Out thread I do think the football gods have worked against him this season, starting with the bizarre sacking of NML, but its a results business and he can have no complaints.
    I was always confident we'd pull it round and then I felt vindicated after 4 wins on the spin. 8 games later, we're in an even worse position than when we started. I blamed the players after Coventry, and I still do to some extent but we can't sack/sell all of them. Either Harris' tactics aren't good enough or they're not playing for him. They're not 6 defeats on the spin, bad. I thought we'd stamp out the mistakes but we concede the same goal(s) almost every game, everything is so bloody avoidable. We're a soft touch, which is the opposite of what they showed 6 months ago.

I wanted to keep Harris because I had absolutely no faith they'd get anyone better, and on the whole, he's signed decent players so he could do a rebuild while keeping us safe. I no longer have the belief that he can keep us safe. Our players aren't great but they're a whole lot better than what they're showing.

I can see he was trying to pass the ball a bit more and then that got shelved to get results (which we did, so fair enough!). Now we've just got neither the performances, football or the results. He's been dealt a rubbish hand but a lot of it is his own making, rushing JOT back, only having one right back for starters, not addressing the centre midfield etc.

Harris had a lot of credit in the bank for last season and it's run out now. It looks as if he's got another game, so I hope we can sneak a win. I was surprised he survived Norwich, we have a decent run of fixtures and thought they'd give the new manager them.