Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
I hate these stupid expressions such as Harris in lot. They tend to suggest the club is split into cliques

They are fans who happen to have a different view to you.

The silence of those who do not think Harris should be manager spoke volumes at the end of last season as well.

As I pointed out elsewhere Jimmy Scoular, one of the club legendary managers , had several bad patches in his first few years ( didn't win a league game until October , finished 20thth in his second, had a run in his third where we didn't wind for 12 games got 3 points and were 22nd In early November when we next won. We were never above 19th after that ( and that was just for one week and finished 20th again.

A message board then if it had existed would have gone into meltdown. Scoular would probably not even reached his third season and who knows what would have happened.

It is of course a different world now ( and even then Scoular can be considered lucky not many manager survived two successive 20th positions.

Oh and a lot of the football was dross as well.

I have a lot of sympathy with the view Craig Bellamy expressed that manager needed to be given time but I am afraid that is Utopia
Maybe if Scoular has been sacked in the mid-60s we would have got a manager in that could get us promoted. Why is Scoular a legend but Dave Jones is a miserable sod with no plan B?