+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Harris Post Match Comments

Harris Post Match Comments

"I'm gutted. It was a typical Championship game and scrappy at times.

"There were not a huge amount of chances and I'm really disappointed we couldn't find that killer moment in both boxes.

"We've lost five league games in a row and it's hugely disappointing.

"It's never happened to me before and the players are low on confidence after that."

Re: Harris Post Match Comments

Cardiff City manager Neil Harris admits "the pressure is on" as he battles to keep his job.

Cardiff fell to a sixth straight defeat in all competitions against Queens Park Rangers on Wednesday, leaving them 15th in the Championship.

Having reached last season's play-off semi-finals, the Bluebirds are now 13 points adrift of the top six.

"I've shown, in my managerial career, that if I'm given time then I can be successful," said Harris.

"In football, we are not given time and I understand that.

"I'm being really honest with you, I feel that the pressure is on without a shadow of doubt, because of the expectation of the football club.

"But it's not something I can control. I know that I push my staff hard and prepare in the correct manner, we don't leave any stone unturned, but results haven't been good enough.

“That is a question for the board."

"That's something I can't control.

"What I can control is picking the players up, trying to galvanise them over the next few days.

"I can control team selection and tactics leading into Barnsley next week.

"The outside noise and the questions marks over my future, I completely understand.

"I can't control that at the moment, so I'll leave that to the powers above me."

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dargavel View Post
    Cardiff City manager Neil Harris admits "the pressure is on" as he battles to keep his job.

Cardiff fell to a sixth straight defeat in all competitions against Queens Park Rangers on Wednesday, leaving them 15th in the Championship.

Having reached last season's play-off semi-finals, the Bluebirds are now 13 points adrift of the top six.

"I've shown, in my managerial career, that if I'm given time then I can be successful," said Harris.

"In football, we are not given time and I understand that.

"I'm being really honest with you, I feel that the pressure is on without a shadow of doubt, because of the expectation of the football club.

"But it's not something I can control. I know that I push my staff hard and prepare in the correct manner, we don't leave any stone unturned, but results haven't been good enough.

“That is a question for the board."

"That's something I can't control.

"What I can control is picking the players up, trying to galvanise them over the next few days.

"I can control team selection and tactics leading into Barnsley next week.

"The outside noise and the questions marks over my future, I completely understand.

"I can't control that at the moment, so I'll leave that to the powers above me."
    It's like he's begging to be sacked.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    It's like he's begging to be sacked.
    It is almost like he's convinced himself that picking up a pay-off cheque is a better option.

i reckon he's got 2 games and need 2 wins so ironically I think he'll be given the bullet after the Millwall game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    It is almost like he's convinced himself that picking up a pay-off cheque is a better option.
    Exactly how I read it.

Do you reckon Tan will look at Ole and think he might give him more time?

Not saying Harris is ever going to be top of the prem (never thought ole would either mind) but he doesn't need to be to have been a success with us anyway.

Wonder if a combination of that, Warnock also doing what Warnock does, the pay off with the current finances will all convince him to let Harris see out the season at least.