+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cristiano Ronaldo hit the 760th*

Cristiano Ronaldo hit the 760th*

Wow what a record .

He scored 488 with his right foot, 139 on his left, 131 with his head and two via other body parts.

He scored 46 hat-tricks, 136 doubles and there were eight occasions where he scored four times in a match, scoring five times in a game twice.

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo hit the 760th*

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Wow what a record .

He scored 488 with his right foot, 139 on his left, 131 with his head and two via other body parts.

He scored 46 hat-tricks, 136 doubles and there were eight occasions where he scored four times in a match, scoring five times in a game twice.
    Considering he didn't start banging them in as a forward until he was 21/22 years old it is an unbelievable achievement. United signed him as a winger / attacking midfielder originally. I wonder what changed to stick him up front?
    Love him or loath him he has been the ultimate goalscorer and player for 3 world giants and at 35 he still dosn't look like letting up.
    Fair play to the lad.

incredible player, can't stand him but he's been one of the best to have played the game.

Very rarely injured as well, just a freak of a player, superb athlete.

I've always preferred Messi in the goat off, partly for the unbelievable dribbling skills and also a combination of how Ronaldo sometimes comes across plus United and Real aren't two clubs I particularly like.

If being asked honestly though I'd probably edge towards Ronaldo, just has everything and with his physique could probably play and score for a fair few years yet as an out and out no. 9. Looking at the shape he keeps himself in he could probably play into his 40s if the desire and luck with injuries is there.

Apparently his record is being disputed by the Czechs claiming that Josef Bican scored 821 club and Country goals.

Not only will he more than likely break that number, it wouldn't surprise me to see CR get to three figures tbh.
    An absolute freak of nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Very rarely injured as well, just a freak of a player, superb athlete.

I've always preferred Messi in the goat off, partly for the unbelievable dribbling skills and also a combination of how Ronaldo sometimes comes across plus United and Real aren't two clubs I particularly like.

If being asked honestly though I'd probably edge towards Ronaldo, just has everything and with his physique could probably play and score for a fair few years yet as an out and out no. 9. Looking at the shape he keeps himself in he could probably play into his 40s if the desire and luck with injuries is there.
    The way I've always seen it is that Ronaldo is an athlete whereas Messi is purely a footballer. You could take Ronaldo and he'd excel at pretty much any sport, but Messi was born to play football and has that extra little bit of magic

What a goalscorer Ronaldo is though, incredible

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Apparently his record is being disputed by the Czechs claiming that Josef Bican scored 821 club and Country goals.

Not only will he more than likely break that number, it wouldn't surprise me to see CR get to three figures tbh.
    An absolute freak of nature.
    You mean four figures?

I think that's beyond him. 5 more seasons of 50 goals? I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    You mean four figures?

I think that's beyond him. 5 more seasons of 50 goals? I doubt it.
    Errrm 1,2,3.... yeah, four figures

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    The way I've always seen it is that Ronaldo is an athlete whereas Messi is purely a footballer. You could take Ronaldo and he'd excel at pretty much any sport, but Messi was born to play football and has that extra little bit of magic

What a goalscorer Ronaldo is though, incredible
    Your point about him being athlete is well put, the lad is extremely motivated towards his fitness and dedication to his sport , remarkable footballer .

I wonder where history will place him in the greats of all time ??

Will we see the like again ?