Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
Horseshit. He's under no more pressure than any manager of what should be a playoff seeking side should be in our position.

If Harris is responsible for getting us to the playoffs last season, he's responsible for the shit show currently on offer, and it's not good.

What do I expect from the team? Firstly, I expect them to be competitive. We're not and have not been for most of the season. We have a lethargy about us. Ex players are saying the coaching is wrong, there's no motivation. Whose fault is that?

Next, I don't expect us to be fighting for promotion season after season. There are times when a team will be in transition and will struggle. Then I'd hope to see some positives, whether it be a new way of playing, or youngsters being given a go, something that makes me think the transition period will make us stronger in the seasons to come. Say, like when Toshack had the Welsh job and he got rid of Hughes's long ball game and played the youngsters. Some of the football was dire but there was a definite plan and subsequent Welsh managers benefitted from it.

Here I don't know what the plan is. My hope was a move away from Warnockball and towards a side that could pass the ball from time to time. Those things looked as if they might be happening at times last season, but this season has been mainly about hoof it up to Moore and win set pieces. That's not progression. Unfortunately those tactics don't help some of our creative players in the team.

You cannot ignore 6 defeats on the bounce. Even in some of our darkest days this was a rare occurrence. One more equals the club record. Whenever the side has had bad runs in the past, there's been a plucky draw somewhere, or a win from nowhere. Instead we don't look like getting anything.

You don't go from 5th to 15th and on such a horrible run of form without something being badly wrong. I keep hearing how this is a better squad than the one that got to the playoffs. I was hopeful of a good season, but we've had shit football served up by a bunch of half-arsed players who keep going behind in games and who only put some effort in to rescue things. There's no evolution in playing style. We look clueless and it seems to be getting worse.

Is Harris the man to turn this around? Game by game the answer to this looks less and less positive. If he isn't then he needs to go. You don't keep a manager out of loyalty or because there's no point changing manager all the time.
There are no shoulds in football

Like any other football club things sometimes get difficult and the team hits bad patches

I think the diatribes against Harris are part of what is wrong with the modern game , players and managers used to be given time , now the boot is stuck in

In terms of his inevitable replacement its pin a tail on the donkey time as there doesn't seem to be anyone out there

I wish whoever it is the very best of luck and hope he turns things round quickly or some will soon be calling for his head