Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
I have to agree with Eric The Half a Bee.

The players are not playing well individually, they seem to be all well below what we know they are capable of. The same goes for them all as a team, woeful performances. A team can have a player or tow having a poor time, but when 10 or 11 are playing well below expectation these are the results we get.

Add in Harris' team selection and recruitment and we have a problem. Ojo and Wilson add benefits to the squad, but we lost Paterson so we are really only one player better off. Add in the loss off Bogle, Ward, Connolly, and Richards and the squad becomes depleted as these were not great and a drain on resources have not fully been replaced. Then we have the injuries and illness to Osei-Tutu, Morrison, Flint, Bamba, Moore, and Tomlin and we end up seeing some kids on the bench to make up the numbers.

The lack of recruitment of a right back and a midfielder last summer has cost us dearly, While he did sign Ojo and Wilson to play out wide we already had Murphy, Hoilett and Whyte, so we ended up with 5 die players, 3 left backs and no right back. The tactics do not seem to be working, if there are indeed tactics? Players who are usually stalwarts of the team like Morrison, are way off the mark this year, We look devoid of any competence to defend, attack or play any sort of football.

A good comparison was when I watched highlights of games from last season and the contrast is stark, even more so when you see some of the highlights from the Chopra, Bothroyd, Whittingham era. Like chalk and cheese.

And last night was weird. We signed a full back and put him in and he played well apparently. And then he picks Watters to start, ahead of more experience players who normally play in that position . And when he decides to hook him, he puts Harris on. What must Holiett, Murphy and Ojo think about that? And what formation were we playing in the end? No right back, and three up front, and long balls.

It looks like the players have lost faith in the manager, as have all the fans. I did take a peek at the other board and the comments from the rabble over there are laughable, a load nonsensical tosh. We have to have a quick turn around in form and if we can doing that we might finish 9th or 10th this year, if n to we will get dragged down with the relegation strugglers. So sadly it is time for change. Harris talks a good talk but it is now clear he cannot deliver a decent footballing side when he has very good footballers in his squad. Next season will be worse when we have no parachute payment coming in a fire sale in the summer.
Feck me you've changed your tune, don't tell me you're in the Harris out camp now C55