+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I think Harris Is Acting With Dignity In A Very Difficult Situation

Re: I think Harris Is Acting With Dignity In A Very Difficult Situation

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I have to agree with Eric The Half a Bee.

The players are not playing well individually, they seem to be all well below what we know they are capable of. The same goes for them all as a team, woeful performances. A team can have a player or tow having a poor time, but when 10 or 11 are playing well below expectation these are the results we get.

Add in Harris' team selection and recruitment and we have a problem. Ojo and Wilson add benefits to the squad, but we lost Paterson so we are really only one player better off. Add in the loss off Bogle, Ward, Connolly, and Richards and the squad becomes depleted as these were not great and a drain on resources have not fully been replaced. Then we have the injuries and illness to Osei-Tutu, Morrison, Flint, Bamba, Moore, and Tomlin and we end up seeing some kids on the bench to make up the numbers.

The lack of recruitment of a right back and a midfielder last summer has cost us dearly, While he did sign Ojo and Wilson to play out wide we already had Murphy, Hoilett and Whyte, so we ended up with 5 die players, 3 left backs and no right back. The tactics do not seem to be working, if there are indeed tactics? Players who are usually stalwarts of the team like Morrison, are way off the mark this year, We look devoid of any competence to defend, attack or play any sort of football.

A good comparison was when I watched highlights of games from last season and the contrast is stark, even more so when you see some of the highlights from the Chopra, Bothroyd, Whittingham era. Like chalk and cheese.

And last night was weird. We signed a full back and put him in and he played well apparently. And then he picks Watters to start, ahead of more experience players who normally play in that position . And when he decides to hook him, he puts Harris on. What must Holiett, Murphy and Ojo think about that? And what formation were we playing in the end? No right back, and three up front, and long balls.

It looks like the players have lost faith in the manager, as have all the fans. I did take a peek at the other board and the comments from the rabble over there are laughable, a load nonsensical tosh. We have to have a quick turn around in form and if we can doing that we might finish 9th or 10th this year, if n to we will get dragged down with the relegation strugglers. So sadly it is time for change. Harris talks a good talk but it is now clear he cannot deliver a decent footballing side when he has very good footballers in his squad. Next season will be worse when we have no parachute payment coming in a fire sale in the summer.
    Feck me you've changed your tune, don't tell me you're in the Harris out camp now C55

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Feck me you've changed your tune, don't tell me you're in the Harris out camp now C55
    Ill be the only one left at this rate and im considering my position.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Anyone who believes no one wants the managers job in Cardiff is living in a dream world

Cardiff city job would be a great job in football for most managers.

I doubt Pep or Jose have Cardiff in their sights , there wont be many others who wouldn't like the job though, especially those without a job or the up and coming in the lower leagues..

Harris has had a go , he is failing . Its modern football , we sack the manager
    Spot on, Jimmy!

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Pulis would be a disaster of an option.
    Why?

He couldn’t be any way worse than Harris.

He’s a ‘local’ boy who used to support City, not one of the modern day mercenaries.

Plus, he has an excellent CV, and is one of the few non legendary managers, to win the Premier League manager of the season.

I’d be more than happy with that ‘disaster’ of an option.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    The upshot is Cardiff fans want to play a different style and bring youngsters through but they are not prepared to wait the time its going to take to adopt such an approach.

Bellamy summed it up perfectly in his interview with Scott Johnson recently. He would want 3-5 years to change it but the fans are too impatient they want instant success.

I agree about the time however we are not seeing the start to any plan of change.
    This is basically Warnockball but with players with less motivation

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    He's going , I worry whats coming
    Can’t be worse than losing every game

Its what you and certain others deserve
    It’s not what most people want. I think you seem to be making the argument that Harris should stay because the board are likely to make another clueless appointment. ?
    If that is true the club are in far more trouble than I originally thought.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    It’s not what most people want. I think you seem to be making the argument that Harris should stay because the board are likely to make another clueless appointment. ?
    If that is true the club are in far more trouble than I originally thought.
    Nope thats not my argument, although I wouldnt trust them to make a decent appointment.

I think its evident we are at a point where Harris has to go now. I just think those that never gave him a chance in the first place cant piss and whinge about the next manager - youve got what you wanted.

We cant keep changing managers every 5 minutes so if it is someone like Tony Pulis suck it the **** up.

Everything we’ve criticised him for not doing, he’s gone and done.

Tried different formations brought in youth.

He needs time. Give him until the end of the season.

So just because its stating the obvious hes not being honest?

What are you suggesting? That he is purposely trying to lose?

Harris may not be everyones cup of tea but one thing he isnt is false. He doesnt piss down your back and tell you its raining, unlike the man who come before him.
    I'm saying that not telling lies about what is in plain sight doesn't earn him the label of being honest or dignified. I don't think he's trying lose. I'm beginning to think he may have given up though. I am not asking you specifically, but does anyone have any idea what's going on? Is it the players? Is it the manager? Is it both? How did it get to this?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I'm saying that not telling lies about what is in plain sight doesn't earn him the label of being honest or dignified. I don't think he's trying lose. I'm beginning to think he may have given up though. I am not asking you specifically, but does anyone have any idea what's going on? Is it the players? Is it the manager? Is it both? How did it get to this?
    He looks and sounds as if he's had enough in my opinion. I don't blame him for hanging it out though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He looks and sounds as if he's had enough in my opinion. I don't blame him for hanging it out though.
    After last night there was a definite change. He's been very prickly before when asked about his future, last night he almost accepted it was a matter of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Trollope would have revolutionised the way we played football. He wasn't given any time because he was going to get us relegated.
    Quite true. Trollope is the only manager since Gould etc who I wanted out. We were clearly going down that year, it was horrendous. This year is nowhere near that bad. Having said that, it is not good at all and the other thread about where it was going wrong was spot on. Harris can’t prevent the opposition goalie playing a blinder but he CAN insist his players pass the ball, run off the ball and press hard - none of which is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Quite true. Trollope is the only manager since Gould etc who I wanted out. We were clearly going down that year, it was horrendous. This year is nowhere near that bad. Having said that, it is not good at all and the other thread about where it was going wrong was spot on. Harris can’t prevent the opposition goalie playing a blinder but he CAN insist his players pass the ball, run off the ball and press hard - none of which is happening.
    Trollope's record over his last 7 games was W1 L6. Same as Harris'.