+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The losses keep piling up as the silence from the Cardiff City Boardroom becomes deafening.

The losses keep piling up as the silence from the Cardiff City Boardroom becomes deafening.

Much changed team and a new formation, but it's the same old, same old from freefalling City.

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Re: The losses keep piling up as the silence from the Cardiff City Boardroom becomes deafening.

"..slipshod passing, shoddy technique and poor first touches galore."

No flow, movement, flicks, dummies, sprints, swerves, feints, side-steps, balls inside defenders, so on, and so on. All part of a teams' 90 minutes each and every game, but we just don't have the players to do it. The signing of Wilson was odd - very odd. He's virtually useless to the team in 'normal' play, and I'll say it again - why we haven't replace Tomlin is beyond me. The one player who galvanised the middle of the park last season. Without him we're floundering, struggling, and finding Championship football very difficult. For the likes of Bacuna, Rall, Vaulks, Pack, Nelson, I think they would find League 1 just as hard..

Re: The losses keep piling up as the silence from the Cardiff City Boardroom becomes deafening.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Much changed team and a new formation, but it's the same old, same old from freefalling City.

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/
    Great write up as usual TOBW. Sadly getting harder to read as many of your observations are repeated game after game after game.

The new formation was odd. Two strikers, one of whom thrives off crosses, were deprived of any width or crosses. Perhaps Harris thought Bennett and NG could provide the width needed but apart from one decent ball from Bennett the crossing was woeful / non-existent, I am at a loss as to why we are not setting up a team to send in cross after cross after cross. Bizarre. Personally I have never been a fan of narrowing the play and playing without wide men. In light of having Moore in the side I just can't fathom what he was thinking. Also, as we packed the centre midfield area, we were also second best there... you could have never have guessed we had an extra man in there.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Great write up as usual TOBW. Sadly getting harder to read as many of your observations are repeated game after game after game.

The new formation was odd. Two strikers, one of whom thrives off crosses, were deprived of any width or crosses. Perhaps Harris thought Bennett and NG could provide the width needed but apart from one decent ball from Bennett the crossing was woeful / non-existent, I am at a loss as to why we are not setting up a team to send in cross after cross after cross. Bizarre. Personally I have never been a fan of narrowing the play and playing without wide men. In light of having Moore in the side I just can't fathom what he was thinking. Also, as we packed the centre midfield area, we were also second best there... you could have never have guessed we had an extra man in there.
    Tell me about it, I find it amazing that one City manager spent more than ten million pounds putting together a midfield of "bread and butter" footballers who struggle as a unit to perform basic requirements at this level of the game and his successor seems perfectly happy for things to continue in the same way despite him saying so often that we didn't pass the ball well enough!

As for the formation we played last night, having misunderstood what Neil Harris said about Lee Tomlin a few days ago, I need to be careful how I say this, but it sounded to me like Neil Harris said in his post game media briefing last night that we started the game playing a diamond 4-4-2 and then changed to 3-5-2 after about twenty five minutes - I've probably got the wrong end of the stick there, but I saw no evidence at all of us playing three at the back until after we went 1-0 down.