+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Strong stuff from Wales Online.

Strong stuff from Wales Online.

Re: Strong stuff from Wales Online.

I don't agree with much of that tbh.

Cardiff City fans are among the most passionate, best and optimistic in football
    Utter bollocks for starters.

Yes we're a side in transition and probably will be mid table at most this season.
    We've also been on a terrible run of results, we played some very strong teams in a row, at the same time we were missing key players.

Last night we were playing an average side, and had players back, and we still lost, but in truth the game could have gone either way. We weren't as awful as the reaction has been, but it is understandable that people are getting frustrated given the run of results.

Last time we were really bad was the Coventry match - and we saw a big reaction from that. Hopefully they can do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

Yes we're a side in transition and probably will be mid table at most this season.
    We've also been on a terrible run of results, we played some very strong teams in a row, at the same time we were missing key players.

Last night we were playing an average side, and had players back, and we still lost, but in truth the game could have gone either way. We weren't as awful as the reaction has been, but it is understandable that people are getting frustrated given the run of results.

Last time we were really bad was the Coventry match - and we saw a big reaction from that. Hopefully they can do it again.
    The only thing I can agree with here is, we were playing an average side. In fact I thought QPR were poor, but the truth of the matter was, we were absolutely awful. QPR fully deserved the win, in fact they could've won by more. Sticking 3 up front and hoofing in into the box for the last 10 minutes was our only output. The lack of ability in this team is so evident.

We have a better team than last year but are performing far less well. Either the team is poorly motivated or have lost faith in the manager. Both of these issues are resolvable but sadly not under the current manager. I'm not a fan of constantly changing managers especially as there are no, or few, realistic suitable alternatives available especially for a side that is likely to be in a relegation fight if the current slump continues. However, something has to change and the only change that can be achieved quickly is to appoint a new manager.

Jesus Christ that man lives in dreamland. Saw a tweet of his where he said how Diego Simeone and Cardiff would be a match made in heaven because of our passionate fans. Is he at the same matches, or even on the same planet as the rest of us?

WO are on his case, but not from any constructive or knowledgeable position.
    I've called for his replacement for a while but I can also see the common sense in letting the thing run for a few more games after we've invested in these new players and we can anticipate returns from injury.

He should have gone a month or more ago, but right now we've encouraged him to start a new project and it'd be a pretty big waste to just forget about that. Can't afford more than a few games more though because we could soon be in a relegation spin if it doesn't work quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pug View Post
    The only thing I can agree with here is, we were playing an average side. In fact I thought QPR were poor, but the truth of the matter was, we were absolutely awful. QPR fully deserved the win, in fact they could've won by more. Sticking 3 up front and hoofing in into the box for the last 10 minutes was our only output. The lack of ability in this team is so evident.
    The first 15 minutes or so was dull as anything I can remember, but then I thought we started to exert more and more control on the match, up until the hour mark.
    After QPR scored though we were poor chasing the game, and none of the substitutions changed things.

With regard to above comments, we have been awful for over a year now , except for the games after the resumption of football back in the summer. The article mentions popular managers, but Jones had fans who didn't like him, despite his brand of football and his ability to to pick good players and make a profit on them. It's only 15 months since the crowd booed Warnock off the pitch, and on the Monday he did the decent thing and left. His **** them attitude said it all, if he wasn't being worshipped he didn't like it.

We are a long way off being compared to Durban, he took over in Division 2 and we had two straight relegations to the dungeon. We didn't get back up to the second tier for 18 seasons. Graham Williams was terrible too and was offloaded pretty quickly.

All teams have bad runs, it just depends how much faith the club have in Harris to turn it round. I don't think many people do think he will. If the crowds were there he would have been having a rough time from them. But the point made in the article about playing well in the second half towards the Canton end and getting results is true I think. Lots of late goals at that end for us (except penalties of course).

I don't rate Paul Abbandonato as a journalist at all. Just like Talksport in the old days, his main role seems to be getting people talking and emotionally reacting rather than having a greater understanding about what is going on at the club.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

How can this be changed?

And yet it's the managers fault when all the players he's brought in has worked

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

We are shit fans and always have been.

Too many years of overachieving (to a degree) have made us expectant

Bad team selection last night. Playing Watters from the start, then putting Harris on ahead of Ojo, Hoilett and Murphy and later throwing any semblance of a formation out of the window!

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    We have a better team than last year but are performing far less well. Either the team is poorly motivated or have lost faith in the manager. Both of these issues are resolvable but sadly not under the current manager. I'm not a fan of constantly changing managers especially as there are no, or few, realistic suitable alternatives available especially for a side that is likely to be in a relegation fight if the current slump continues. However, something has to change and the only change that can be achieved quickly is to appoint a new manager.
    Exactly.

(I’m a bit more optimistic that you about the club’s choices for the next manager, but I know what you mean)

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I don't rate Paul Abbandonato as a journalist at all. Just like Talksport in the old days, his main role seems to be getting people talking and emotionally reacting rather than having a greater understanding about what is going on at the club.
    Agree completely.

He seems to have been in a major sulk since Warnock left (and with Blakey's Bootroom gone). No inside track or platform any more.

The thing that grates with me most is his shameless sycophancy - to Nathan Blake, to Neil Warnock or to the cartoon version of Cardiff fans that he constantly projects - as if Cardiff fans are a soft-in-the head different species from football fans everywhere else!

I do wonder with the games like QPR what difference a crowd would have had on the result and others

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I honestly dont rate an journalist or critic when it comes to football , we can all view a game and decide on what good or bad , yes we may have a difference in view , however in the main we know what a good or bad side look like or what passion there is in and around the club.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I do wonder with the games like QPR what difference a crowd would have had on the result and others
    You could say that about all clubs but I do think Cardiff fans are more passionate than most. So the impact playing behind closed doors is probably more of an issue for Cardiff than most.

Abbandanto is a right Mike Hunt

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    You could say that about all clubs but I do think Cardiff fans are more passionate than most. So the impact playing behind closed doors is probably more of an issue for Cardiff than most.
    We got into the playoffs and finished 5th only a few months ago without a crowd.