+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NEIL HARRIS SACKED - CONFIRMED

Re: NEIL HARRIS SACKED - CONFIRMED

He did say some daft things though.
    "I've shown, in my managerial career, that if I'm given time then I can be successful," Harris said after the match.
    nh.JPG

and his wikipedia page needs to be updated

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Makes you wonder who signed Ng and Watters.
    I thought about that as it made me wonder if signing them did indeed mean that he was safe. The club probably took the view that they are relatively young and relatively cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
    He did say some daft things though.
    "I've shown, in my managerial career, that if I'm given time then I can be successful," Harris said after the match.
    nh.JPG
    And therein lies the problem.

What he did here is no surprise. His win percentage was not far off what he achieved at Millwall. His playing style wasn't that different to what he produced at Millwall.

It makes you wonder what the three who picked him thought he was going to achieve here?

The cheap option again it seems which has turned into an expensive pay off again.

A really good man, a pleasure to deal with and tried his best to change things from the ground up. Really admired his passion for youth and desire to see the academy flourish and I'm sure rewards will be reaped in time.

But, as he also knew, it's ultimately a results business and they have simply not been good enough.
    Injuries have not helped, but the football flipped and flopped from one style or system to another.
    Just couldn't strike the right balance and ultimately the price has been paid

https://twitter.com/GlenWilliams12/s...83200823975936
    It was ultimately the right decision but we shouldn't forget what he was aiming for. Next manager isn't going to have it easy thanks to mismanagement before Harris arrived but will have it easier, in the long run, due to Harris' time at the club.

(and we shouldn't forget that his winning percentage has only just dropped below what Warnock managed here).

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Bellers on his way?
    Ding dong!

The right call. We need a spark and I'd go with Bellamy. It's time...

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I wondered if Harris was sticking two fingers up at the board by substituting Watters after 55 minutes last night.
    I wondered that too. I've heard that the two new boys in weren't his signings - so it was make sense.

If that's true is there the possibility that the incoming manager recommended them?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    It was ultimately the right decision but we shouldn't forget what he was aiming for. Next manager isn't going to have it easy thanks to mismanagement before Harris arrived but will have it easier, in the long run, due to Harris' time at the club.

(and we shouldn't forget that his winning percentage has only just dropped below what Warnock managed here).
    There is that but Warnock had a season in the Premier League which knocked that down a fair bit. Let's not forget that.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    I wondered that too. I've heard that the two new boys in weren't his signings - so it was make sense.

If that's true is there the possibility that the incoming manager recommended them?
    Where did you hear this?

If there is any grain of truth to that then whoever we get on board is up against it.

Re: He’s gone officially

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Thanks Neil. Great push for the play-offs last season, didnt happen for one reason or another this season.

Good luck for the future.
    I’ll always wish anyone to do with the club well and he seems like a decent guy. Good luck to him.

Best solution for all concerned and a waste of a year.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post

What he did here is no surprise. His win percentage was not far off what he achieved at Millwall. His playing style wasn't that different to what he produced at Millwall.

It makes you wonder what the three who picked him thought he was going to achieve here?

The cheap option again it seems which has turned into an expensive pay off again.
    40% win record is not to be sniffed at.

Malkys time with Cardiff was a success and his win record was 43%.

His record at Watford before he got the job was 33%

if people think we are going to get a manager with a win rate much above 40% they are seriously, seriously deluded.

Quote Originally Posted by 198bore View Post
    The right call. We need a spark and I'd go with Bellamy. It's time...
    Might be time from our point of view but what makes us an attractive option now? This year we're at a risk of going down and next year our midfield is still going to struggle. That doesn't cry out as a good first managerial job when you're enjoying working in Belgium.

We're really after a caretaker to get us to end of the year in this league and offer enough of a budget to change our midfield for next year to new manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Why on earth have we let Harris see through most of January? Should have been sacked after Wycombe.

Anyway good luck to him wherever he goes next, he was unfortunately not the right guy for us. God knows who the board will appoint next
    They must have the next manager lined up now to have only just done it

if people think we are going to get a manager with a win rate much above 40% they are seriously, seriously deluded.
    Exactly what I was thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking
    To give you some samples

Mark Hughes - 37%
    Paul Cook - 43%
    Eddie Howe - 41%
    Tony Pulis - 36%

I can see why it could have been thought a good thing. We've been through some extremes in playing "style": OGS and Trollope vs Mackay, (Slade) and Warnock. It's expensive to make wholesale changes in players every other manager. They probably thought that he was a slightly more modern Warnock that could have steered the team to a more modern game.

Who said we are?

When all is said and done. He did well to get us to the play offs last season but we did not go up.

15th this season wasn't good enough and it wasn't for the owner.

That is about it really.

He also didn't have a 40% win record here.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Might be time from our point of view but what makes us an attractive option now? This year we're at a risk of going down and next year our midfield is still going to struggle. That doesn't cry out as a good first managerial job when you're enjoying working in Belgium.

We're really after a caretaker to get us to end of the year in this league and offer enough of a budget to change our midfield for next year to new manager.

Well that's right. This is no time for a learner. Obviously we need an old hand and it's to be hoped, as has been suggested, that they've had their man in mind for some time.

I'd just like to say thank you Mr Harris for your services to the club.

You must have known it wouldn't be an easy ride inheriting a bunch of players failing as a team. Getting us to the play offs last year was no mean achievement.
    You brought a few good boys in but unfortunately it wasn't quite enough.
    I have no doubt you gave it your best shot.

I wish you good luck for the future.

Who said we are?

When all is said and done. He did well to get us to the play offs last season but we did not go up.

15th this season wasn't good enough and it wasn't for the owner.

That is about it really.
    Youre cocking your nose up at 40%. What previous win rate is going to be acceptable for you not to threaten to not renew your season ticket before a manager has even taken charge of a game? 45%? 50%%? 60%

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post

Possibly.
    If they weren't his boys, and it seems to make sense, then it could be that whoever comes in will just have to work with what he's got and continue getting the big wage earners off the books.
    I sincerely hope not and that they have some "proper" plan in mind!

Let’s face it, they should have, the length of time this has been going on.....

Dalman being organised? That will be a first and a worry, as it means it’s pulis....hello league 1