+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: NEIL HARRIS SACKED - CONFIRMED

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: NEIL HARRIS SACKED - CONFIRMED

He did say some daft things though.
    "I've shown, in my managerial career, that if I'm given time then I can be successful," Harris said after the match.
    nh.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
    He did say some daft things though.
    "I've shown, in my managerial career, that if I'm given time then I can be successful," Harris said after the match.
    nh.JPG
    And therein lies the problem.

What he did here is no surprise. His win percentage was not far off what he achieved at Millwall. His playing style wasn't that different to what he produced at Millwall.

It makes you wonder what the three who picked him thought he was going to achieve here?

The cheap option again it seems which has turned into an expensive pay off again.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post

What he did here is no surprise. His win percentage was not far off what he achieved at Millwall. His playing style wasn't that different to what he produced at Millwall.

It makes you wonder what the three who picked him thought he was going to achieve here?

The cheap option again it seems which has turned into an expensive pay off again.
    40% win record is not to be sniffed at.

Malkys time with Cardiff was a success and his win record was 43%.

His record at Watford before he got the job was 33%

if people think we are going to get a manager with a win rate much above 40% they are seriously, seriously deluded.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

if people think we are going to get a manager with a win rate much above 40% they are seriously, seriously deluded.
    Who said we are?

When all is said and done. He did well to get us to the play offs last season but we did not go up.

15th this season wasn't good enough and it wasn't for the owner.

That is about it really.

Who said we are?

When all is said and done. He did well to get us to the play offs last season but we did not go up.

15th this season wasn't good enough and it wasn't for the owner.

That is about it really.
    Youre cocking your nose up at 40%. What previous win rate is going to be acceptable for you not to threaten to not renew your season ticket before a manager has even taken charge of a game? 45%? 50%%? 60%

Youre cocking your nose up at 40%. What previous win rate is going to be acceptable for you not to threaten to not renew your season ticket before a manager has even taken charge of a game? 45%? 50%%? 60%
    What I'm cocking my nose up at is his win percentage this season.

25%.

You'll probably have a response. It wasn't good enough in my eyes and wasn't in the eyes of the owner. That's about it really.

On to the new man who hopefully gets us playing a bit and winning games.

What I'm cocking my nose up at is his win percentage this season.

25%.

You'll probably have a response. It wasn't good enough in my eyes and wasn't in the eyes of the owner. That's about it really.

On to the new man who hopefully gets us playing a bit and winning games.
    Our win percentage this season is not 25%.

I'd just like to say thank you Mr Harris for your services to the club.

You must have known it wouldn't be an easy ride inheriting a bunch of players failing as a team. Getting us to the play offs last year was no mean achievement.
    You brought a few good boys in but unfortunately it wasn't quite enough.
    I have no doubt you gave it your best shot.

I wish you good luck for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    I wondered that too. I've heard that the two new boys in weren't his signings - so it was make sense.

If that's true is there the possibility that the incoming manager recommended them?
    Possibly.
    If they weren't his boys, and it seems to make sense, then it could be that whoever comes in will just have to work with what he's got and continue getting the big wage earners off the books.
    I sincerely hope not and that they have some "proper" plan in mind!

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I'd just like to say thank you Mr Harris for your services to the club.

You must have known it wouldn't be an easy ride inheriting a bunch of players failing as a team. Getting us to the play offs last year was no mean achievement.
    You brought a few good boys in but unfortunately it wasn't quite enough.
    I have no doubt you gave it your best shot.

I wish you good luck for the future.

+ 1

He must be going through it right now and it's not his fault because he gave it 100% and did his best. There was a big element of bad luck but sadly the bottom line is results so although it could easily have gone differently ,it didn't , and he carries the can.

I for one have complete respect for him and wish him very well indeed. I have no doubt that he's learned a great deal which will help him go on to great success somewhere in time.

Yeah, winning 40% of your games is not a problem.

Neil Harris's problem was the 11 defeats in 24 league games this season.

It amazes me that some are still arguing for Harris on the thread.

It was nowhere near enough this time round. If this wasn't sorted out he could well have taken us down.

It was nowhere near enough this time round. If this wasn't sorted out he could well have taken us down.
    Nobody is defending Harris but they're criticising you because you're talking out of your arse.

Your first post says his win %age was similar to Millwall, then you say it isn't that, its this and then that. Just give it a bloody rest. Stick to watching Schalke and leave the stats .

You should put your CV into Wayne Nash youre very good at moving the goalposts.

You should put your CV into Wayne Nash youre very good at moving the goalposts.
    Said you

Twist it any which way you like.
    This season was not good enough and has cost him his job.

Mention what you like to try to point score(and you probably will). Those are the facts. Your man has gone.

I can see why it could have been thought a good thing. We've been through some extremes in playing "style": OGS and Trollope vs Mackay, (Slade) and Warnock. It's expensive to make wholesale changes in players every other manager. They probably thought that he was a slightly more modern Warnock that could have steered the team to a more modern game.