+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: NEIL HARRIS SACKED - CONFIRMED

Re: NEIL HARRIS SACKED - CONFIRMED

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Empathy towards his situation this season is why I kept the faith in him. I also think he earned credit last time and the chance to turn it around. It didnt happen and hes paid the price. 6 losses in a row I cant defend him but as ive said I dont believe hes making all the decisions.

Lets see how the next manager can do with a midfield of Vaulks / Ralls / Pack / Bacuna.
    Fair comment.

I find it hard to have empathy for football managers .

I had a bit for Slade because I was extremely critical of him , but wasn't sure why?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Makes you wonder who signed Ng and Watters.
    Glenn Roeder - been tans DOF all along.

More I think about it, the more I think that this was a bad sacking. Another scape goat.

Aging squad
    Recruitment seemingly taken out of his hands
    Transitional year.

Always on a hiding to nothing.

Whoever comes in it's going to be tough

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    You should put your CV into Wayne Nash youre very good at moving the goalposts.
    Said you

Twist it any which way you like.
    This season was not good enough and has cost him his job.

Mention what you like to try to point score(and you probably will). Those are the facts. Your man has gone.

Win rate is a strange statistic. As you say, 40+% is decent. PPG would a much better indicator. But even then, one bad season (like being relegated from the PL - or a couple of seasons struggling in the PL) can screw that up.
    Win rate is only part of the story and irritates me as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Fair comment.

I find it hard to have empathy for football managers .

I had a bit for Slade because I was extremely critical of him , but wasn't sure why?
    One guy I didnt have any time for. A right charlatan.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Glenn Roeder - been tans DOF all along.
    Probably not far from the truth

perfect timing lol... a new manager pre transfer window will have wanted and expected money to spend...

What did you see in Harris's sides performances that enabled you to keep the faith with him?
    That is a fair question. I’d like to know too.

Win rate is a strange statistic. As you say, 40+% is decent. PPG would a much better indicator. But even then, one bad season (like being relegated from the PL - or a couple of seasons struggling in the PL) can screw that up.
    I, for one, am not disagreeing:
    "Interesting stats. The draws (or not losing) must make the big difference then.
    NH comes to about 1.45 points/game for CCFC compared to MM at 1.62. MM's must have been pretty good in the Championship"

Looking at win rates, defeat rates, I thought I'd do a comparison of City managers. There are a few errors on the Wikipedia page, in particular with Russell Slade, who according to that, managed 51 games. He actually managed us for 86 games. He'd have managed a bare minimum of 48 in the full season he had alone......

All stats for managers in charge for at least 50 games.

Win percentage:

1 McCandless 62.7%
    2 Cork 48.8%
    3 Mackay 43.2%
    4 D Jones 41.9%
    5 Lawrence 41.4%
    6 Spiers 41.0%
    7 Warnock 41.0%
    8 Stewart 40.1%
    9 May 38.9%
    10 Harris 38.7%
    11 Swindin 38.1%
    12 Jennings 37.6%
    13 Slade 37.2%
    14 Ashurst 36.5%
    15 Burrows 36.2%
    16 B Jones 36.2%
    17 Morgan 35.3%
    18 Andrews 33.5%
    19 Morris 31.6%

Loss percentage:

1 Durban 56.8%
    2 Watts-Jones 50.0%
    3 Morris 46.3%
    4 Swindin 41.7%
    5 Morgan 41.0%
    6 Andrews 40.8%
    7 Scoular 39.1%
    8 Warnock 38.9%
    9 B Jones 37.8%
    10 Ashurst 37.5%
    11 Stewart 37.3%
    12 Jennings 36.6%
    13 Osman 34.8%
    14 Burrows 34.4%
    15 May 34.1%
    16 Harris 33.9%
    17 Spiers 32.1%
    18 D Jones 31.4%
    19 Mackay 28.0%

In recent times, Warnock has a win percentage of 47.1% in the Championship with us and a loss percentage of 28.9%. Even with the poor start we made to last season, that is a very impressive record.

Harris's record last season was 44.4% win and 22.2% defeat. Again, very impressive. This season those figures read 30.7% win and 50% defeat. As with all the managers stats, English cup competitions and playoffs included.

What’s hallelujah Jimmy Scoular’s win percentage?

Whats he doing now?

Could be the answer.........
    Living off the royalties from Merry Christmas Everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    What’s hallelujah Jimmy Scoular’s win percentage?
    Very odd. Something has gone amiss with my spreadsheet.

He's on 33%. Russell Osman is above him on 33.3%. Watts-Jones is on 29.3% and Diamond Durban on 23.9%

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Very odd. Something has gone amiss with my spreadsheet.

He's on 33%. Russell Osman is above him on 33.3%. Watts-Jones is on 29.3% and Diamond Durban on 23.9%
    Also, for loss percentages, Slade joins Jones on 31.4%, Lennie on 29.9%, Cork on 27.5% and McCandless on 18.6%

About time...lots said of harris a pound shop warncock,and he was a 50p pound shop

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    About time...lots said of harris a pound shop warncock,and he was a 50p pound shop
    A 50p pound shop manager who saved us from relegation and took us into the Premier League, all within 19 months and by spending about £10m on players. You have a very short, one sided memory and perhaps you (and others) should show a bit more respect and gratitude to him for what he did. A job, by the way, that he currently appears to be repeating at Middlesborough.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    A 50p pound shop manager who saved us from relegation and took us into the Premier League, all within 19 months and by spending about £10m on players. You have a very short, one sided memory and perhaps you (and others) should show a bit more respect and gratitude to him for what he did. A job, by the way, that he currently appears to be repeating at Middlesborough.
    Maybe Warnock deliberately fecks up the longer term plans of a club he's ready to leave just so some supporter still say this?

First 18 months of Warnock are a dream, last 6-12 months of Warnock are a nightmare and has been at more clubs than just ours.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Maybe Warnock deliberately fecks up the longer term plans of a club he's ready to leave just so some supporter still say this?

First 18 months of Warnock are a dream, last 6-12 months of Warnock are a nightmare and has been at more clubs than just ours.
    Yea that's what he does.

Very good manager, perfect for us at the time and I think it was a minor miracle he performed getting us up.

Then like 99% of managers around the world it inevitably goes stale, can't take away he is only the 2nd manager in my lifetime to get us to the top division.

Probably a while before it happens again and that's not down to Neil Warnock.