+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bellamy

Re: Bellamy

Personally I would prefer someone to come in and put some structure into the team in a way that NW did when he first arrived. I'm not sure that Bellamy has that about him at the moment and we could do without any unnecessary friction between management and the players.

The more I've read from Bellamy lately the more convinced I am he could be a good choice.

No one will know until he gets a chance somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Is it "Dreams" by Fleetwood Mac ?
    It's more likely Anarchy in the UK Sex Pistols

I understand Dirk Kuyt wants to get into management and is desperate to take up the option for his daughters place at Howells before she gets too old

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    No. We know Craig and he's a 100% ****ing hero to all of us, but we also know his temperament and we must consider the fact of no experience whatsoever in management .
    Simple answer

Bring In an experienced number 2 to work with him

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Howe wouldn’t come here ffs....he will be off to palace in the summer
    He might.
    Consider this

1.Like it or not we are a project
    2.Look at his CV-made with a club not even half our size and has never had a significant budget to work with,in fact he got Bournemouth to the prem with less of a budget than Malky or Neil Warnock.

I'm sure if we could make a proper case he would come.

A man can dream

If you asked me after Warnock on Bellamy it was 100% a big no.

I have warmed to the idea as people have mentioned he's says the right things and imo doing it the right way learning with youth teams. He knows the club, he knows the youth set up, he knows Tan. I'd bet he would bring a good experienced number 2.

Its a risk no doubt about it but one worth chancing.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Bellamy isn't going to end up here, although stranger things have happened. It's his home city, he has to take the plunge at some point, and lets be honest, he isn't likely to get a better opportunity than a very established championship club. The way some people portray Bellamy is as if he holds all the cards, that simply isn't true.
    Another reason, the club is in a shit position, makes it easier for him to impose his philosophy as the previous one has failed. It's not going to happen, but i do think that people may be under selling the opportunity for Bellamy.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    He might.
    Consider this

2.Look at his CV-made with a club not even half our size and has never had a significant budget to work with,in fact he got Bournemouth to the prem with less of a budget than Malky or Neil Warnock.

A man can dream
    You may have a point.

It doesn't look like his door has been kicked down with offers since Bournemouth.
    Or maybe the Premiership wasn't for him and he'd like the challenge of building a team for promotion again.

As you say, a man can dream.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    He might.
    Consider this

A man can dream
    He spent an absolute fortune at Bournemouth - £176 million to be precise.
    https://buzz.bournemouth.ac.uk/2020/...erries-crisis/

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    He spent an absolute fortune at Bournemouth - £176 million to be precise.
    https://buzz.bournemouth.ac.uk/2020/...erries-crisis/
    Spent big on some duds too.. Whereas Harris spent... How much?

Really do not understand this obsession with him from our fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Why?
    Because he wants time and he knows he wont get it here with this fanbase. He said as much in his interview with Scott Johnson last week.

Also, I doubt his comments in support of Malky in the same interview will have gone down well with the club hierachy.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post

I'm not a Cardiff City supporter but I've long felt Craig Bellamy could be an outstanding manager. But he'll need to be given time and supported if he attempts to put his stamp on the squad.

If Bellamy gets the job will he have Hudson as an assistant?

(One for the 'Upstairs, Downstairs' fans)

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Because he wants time and he knows he wont get it here with this fanbase. He said as much in his interview with Scott Johnson last week.

Also, I doubt his comments in support of Malky in the same interview will have gone down well with the club hierachy.
    That's hardly fair, there can't be too many managers in the country who would not be getting stick, or losing their jobs, after six straight defeats in the middle of the season - it's one thing to finish a season with a terrible run like Palace did last year, but another completely for it to happening while there's a chance of the club being dragged into a relegation scrap.

Quote Originally Posted by ROKERITE View Post
    I'm not a Cardiff City supporter but I've long felt Craig Bellamy could be an outstanding manager. But he'll need to be given time and supported if he attempts to put his stamp on the squad.
    Put him in as manager in an office. Could you work under him?

Constantly critical
    Requires perfection
    Very vocal
    Anger issues

There would be some who would thrive under him and some would think **** this I'm out of here.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Me neither. Horrible little man and a Liverpool fan. Cardiff fan when it suited him

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Howe wouldn’t come here ffs....he will be off to palace in the summer
    rumours he's going to replace Bruce at Newcastle

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Bellamy isn't going to end up here, although stranger things have happened. It's his home city, he has to take the plunge at some point, and lets be honest, he isn't likely to get a better opportunity than a very established championship club. The way some people portray Bellamy is as if he holds all the cards, that simply isn't true.
    Another reason, the club is in a shit position, makes it easier for him to impose his philosophy as the previous one has failed. It's not going to happen, but i do think that people may be under selling the opportunity for Bellamy.
    It's a massive opportunity and Bellamy is the man after the man after Warnock (if that makes sense). Bellamy will get more time than most and expectations have been lowered. I agree with everything you've said. He was linked with the Oxford and Wrexham jobs during his time here, he won't get a better offer.

It also answers the question of whether he could do it, like Shearer at Newcastle, Lampard at Chelsea, and Gerrard at Liverpool when Klopp leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    It's a massive opportunity and Bellamy is the man after the man after Warnock (if that makes sense). Bellamy will get more time than most and expectations have been lowered. I agree with everything you've said. He was linked with the Oxford and Wrexham jobs during his time here, he won't get a better offer.
    I wouldn't mind him coming, it would be entertaining, and we could have a sweepstake on which player he chins first, which opposing manager he tells to ****off, and which players wife gets banned from the club on matchday.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I wouldn't mind him coming, it would be entertaining, and we could have a sweepstake on which player he chins first, which opposing manager he tells to ****off, and which players wife gets banned from the club on matchday.
    After we lose to Rotherham and Freddie Lapado scores against us:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7v5ccq

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That's hardly fair, there can't be too many managers in the country who would not be getting stick, or losing their jobs, after six straight defeats in the middle of the season - it's one thing to finish a season with a terrible run like Palace did last year, but another completely for it to happening while there's a chance of the club being dragged into a relegation scrap.
    Craig’s words not mine. Although I absolutely agree with him. The fan base doesn’t have the patience for a long, slow rebuild. It doesn’t even have the patience to let the team play it out of defence.