+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Next Manager Odds Watch

Re: Next Manager Odds Watch

I hope our prospective manager gets to see this thread.
    It will give him a pretty good idea of what he will have to get used to

I think a McCarthy appointment would not be a good one and very much a stop gap. If so I really hope it is until the end of the season to safeguard us in the division and then take stock.

It would be an improvement on Harris but would not excite many, would not be a world away from the football we play and ultimately I don't think he would succeed here and would just fizzle out.

If it is McCarthy though it would confirm to me that the board are fairly clueless and as out of touch with the fanbase as they have ever been.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I hope our prospective manager gets to see this thread.
    It will give him a pretty good idea of what he will have to get used to
    Someone with nice hair and preferable a supporter of Welsh independence.

Must hate Tories.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    Personally, I’d be happy with Pulis, Jokanovic or Pearson (I would have said Bilic, but he’s just gone to China).

However, an excellent combination would be Mark Hughes, with Bellamy as his assistant.

Bellamy could learn the ropes off Hughes, and if and when the time was right, succeed him and Hughes move upstairs to become a Director of Football.
    What makes Hughes a good choice as DoF? We seem to have the idea that experience as manager qualifies you for that role but almost no DoF is based on that characteristic.

If our aim is still to i) improve playing style, ii) bring through youth, iii) improve in transfer market, iv) establish longer term vision and v) keep us competitive, which targets do you think Pulis, Jokanovic or Pearson can achieve successfully?

Cumon, lets be the first to go "FEMALE"

I used to enjoy "The Manageress"

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096647/

Great for Sludge

I reckon Pulis has been attending Peps training sessions as an observer.

Pulis DOF

Big Mick manager.

Dream Team.

We will need a bigger stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I cant believe one of Harris biggest critics and of our style is actually backing a Mick McMcarthy appointment.

Then theres another with Tony Pulis.

😂😂😂😂😂
    😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Cumon, lets be the first to go "FEMALE"

I used to enjoy "The Manageress"

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096647/

Great for Sludge
    Maybe preferable to Pulis.

Or Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I think a McCarthy appointment would not be a good one and very much a stop gap. If so I really hope it is until the end of the season to safeguard us in the division and then take stock.

It would be an improvement on Harris but would not excite many, would not be a world away from the football we play and ultimately I don't think he would succeed here and would just fizzle out.

If it is McCarthy though it would confirm to me that the board are fairly clueless and as out of touch with the fanbase as they have ever been.
    And so it begins

Reading through some of the opinions on here and on social media, are you sure that's a bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    And so it begins
    Rattled

The club needs to pick somebody who can do no wrong. Unfortunately for some Drakeford, Corbyn and Starmer are not football managers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    The club needs to pick somebody who can do no wrong. Unfortunately for some Drakeford, Corbyn and Starmer are not football managers.
    Imagine being this much of a boot licker

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Reading through some of the opinions on here and on social media, are you sure that's a bad thing?
    So, did you think Harris should have stayed?

If not, do you think Mick McCarthy is a good replacement?

Fans are fans, there will always be a range of opinions. It is always good to keep onside the people that put money into the club though.

Woke up with a sense of excitement at what the future might hold, but then I log onto here and see the words “mick” & “pulis” everywhere and it dawns on me…

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Gavin Williamson with the bufoon as DOF.

I can see us now non league. But but but we could have had Corbyn and what about Diane Abbott.😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by 198bore View Post
    Woke up with a sense of excitement at what the future might hold, but then I log onto here and see the words “mick” & “pulis” everywhere and it dawns on me…
    😂😂😂😂

Im suprised Dave Bassett hasnt been mentioned as DOF from those wanting Pulis.

So, did you think Harris should have stayed?

If not, do you think Mick McCarthy is a good replacement?

Fans are fans, there will always be a range of opinions. It is always good to keep onside the people that put money into the club though.
    I want the manager who can successfully deliver on the aims to i) improve playing style, ii) bring through youth, iii) improve in transfer market, iv) establish longer term vision and v) keep us competitive with longer term plan of promotion that sticks.

If Mick McCarthy has the plan to meet those aims then I'm happy to give him a chance.

I don't think we have the resources to rip apart everything Warnock did* so will be a slow build with sights set on 2022-2023 onwards rather than rushing to play passing football now.

*Neither do I think it's necessary. Warnock got us playing as a team, brought in leaders to get us through tough times and got fans on side. These are foundations to work from.

Rattled
    Not in the slightest, I find it all rather amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I want the manager who can successfully deliver on the aims to i) improve playing style, ii) bring through youth, iii) improve in transfer market, iv) establish longer term vision and v) keep us competitive with longer term plan of promotion that sticks.

If Mick McCarthy has the plan to meet those aims then I'm happy to give him a chance.

I don't think we have the resources to rip apart everything Warnock did* so will be a slow build with sights set on 2022-2023 onwards rather than rushing to play passing football now.

*Neither do I think it's necessary. Warnock got us playing as a team, brought in leaders to get us through tough times and got fans on side. These are foundations to work from.
    I totally understand ripping up and starting again and it needs to be gradual but we also need to see evidence of it too. In many aspects things were getting worse despite us adding better quality to the first team. The defence is as bad as it had been for quite some time even when fully fit.

I agree that McCarthy could well be what was needed until the end of the season but not long term for me.

Just an opinion though.

Not in the slightest, I find it all rather amusing.
    Definitely rattled.

Definitely rattled.
    Definitely not. You got what you wanted. Mick McCarthy ffs.

Definitely not. You got what you wanted. Mick McCarthy ffs.
    Nobody wanted Mick. Although an improvement on Harris and achieved more in the game at a higher level.

Don't be silly because Harris has gone.

You told anybody they're rattled today yet.

Nobody wanted Mick. Although an improvement on Harris and achieved more in the game at a higher level.

Don't be silly because Harris has gone.

You told anybody they're rattled today yet.
    You reap what you sow. I look forward to you crying over Mick and his style of play next Tuesday.

You reap what you sow. I look forward to you crying over Mick and his style of play next Tuesday.
    Jesus, do you think that what people say on here holds any authority on what the club does in terms of recruitment? If they did listen to fans then they wouldn't be bringing in Uncle Mick, would they?