+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Are The Club Trying To Reinvent The Warnock Era?

Are The Club Trying To Reinvent The Warnock Era?

Seems that way with the MM appointment. Let's face it, they lack imagination and probably think that Mick can have the same Impact Warnock had initially. It smacks of desperation, or are they completely clueless? For what it's worth, i think that we will see an initial impact, more organised, a bit more character and aggression.

Re: Are The Club Trying To Reinvent The Warnock Era?

To add, the heading should really be ' recreate' not 'reinvent'

They just jump from one idea to another.

When they appointed Harris they wanted a younger manager. Now weve gone back to Jurassic Park to find the next manager.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    They just jump from one idea to another.

When they appointed Harris they wanted a younger manager. Now weve gone back to Jurassic Park to find the next manager.
    Yup, spot on.

They've decided Harris didn't work, MM is more of what they know and they've gone back to relative safety. I dont think they have any idea what they're doing, though. They've gone for younger managers 3 times and been burnt (in their opinion 3 times) while Warnock and Slade have done their job. There's no plan, everything is short term and eventually it'll catch up to us.

Its a no brainer this type of appointment , it was him or Pearson . Pulis etc mot some risky newbie Tan saw the imapct of Warnocj and liked it .

Lets be fair we have no chance of a rebuild or re design as a club ,fans wont wait for that , clubs in the modern era need instant success, the clean out pains are always tough, as we saw with Slade era , so why not rattle the cage this year and that of a set of half decent footballers who at the minimum should be top 10 .

Look out Murphy and Tomlin , big Mick don't do cuddly .

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    They've decided Harris didn't work, MM is more of what they know and they've gone back to relative safety. I dont think they have any idea what they're doing, though. They've gone for younger managers 3 times and been burnt (in their opinion 3 times) while Warnock and Slade have done their job. There's no plan, everything is short term and eventually it'll catch up to us.
    They change their mind more than you. You should send your CV in you might get a place on the board.

TAN OUT

If its until the end of the season I have no problem but any longer than that it smacks of desperation.

I think people are tripping absolute balls if they think MM is going to get anything out of our squad, he's a ****ing dinosaur, he comes across as thick as shite and especially if on short term contract I can't see any of our younger players or better players punching their ***** out for this guy. He'll be gone after 8 games - same he got in Cypress with their 'Man U' ****ing halfwit.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    They change their mind more than you. You should send your CV in you might get a place on the board.

TAN OUT
    Changing your mind isn't unusual. I thought Harris deserved time, until I thought he didn't.

A new longer term manager needs a summer not a week in January. It wouldn't surprise me if a new manager has said yes to taking over in the summer.

Of course it is , we simply don't have the right players and skills or money to be anything else that a Warnock type team

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Seems that way with the MM appointment. Let's face it, they lack imagination and probably think that Mick can have the same Impact Warnock had initially. It smacks of desperation, or are they completely clueless? For what it's worth, i think that we will see an initial impact, more organised, a bit more character and aggression.

What , you mean winning games ? Getting promoted to the Premier League ?
    Perish the thought !!!

I am sure the Harris appointment came fromWarnock himself as I am confident none of the board had ever heard of Harris.
    MM has probably got it because he is the only applicant they have heard of.
    Several applicants but the speed of this appointment shows that none were interviewed.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I am sure the Harris appointment came fromWarnock himself as I am confident none of the board had ever heard of Harris.
    MM has probably got it because he is the only applicant they have heard of.
    Several applicants but the speed of this appointment shows that none were interviewed.
    They've probably had lots of applications but I think the speed of this shows they've had MM lined up. I don't think they've got any idea what to do going forwards and want time to decide. With no parachute payments from next season the club is at a real crossroads.

I don't think it's a rushed appointment, I'd have thought they have been looking at their options for a few weeks when it was clear Harris was completely lost.

It wouldn't surprise me if they spoke to someone like Bellamy who said I'll take it in the summer when I can rebuild. So they have looked for a short term fix.

Well I'm hoping that's the case anyway

It already has caught up with us, hasn't it? Next season will be the first since 2012/13 that we won't be in the Premier League or receive parachute payments.

They've probably had lots of applications but I think the speed of this shows they've had MM lined up. I don't think they've got any idea what to do going forwards and want time to decide. With no parachute payments from next season the club is at a real crossroads.

Wisest observation you've ever made.
    I'm sure they've been planning this since NH earned his temporary reprieve with a few wins amid the chaos , and MM may well have been consulted about the players to bring in.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I don't think it's a rushed appointment, I'd have thought they have been looking at their options for a few weeks when it was clear Harris was completely lost.

It wouldn't surprise me if they spoke to someone like Bellamy who said I'll take it in the summer when I can rebuild. So they have looked for a short term fix.

Well I'm hoping that's the case anyway
    Surely Bellamy could have come in, got a few games under his belt and kept the side up. This squad is more than capable of a top-half finish. It's encouraging that they went to Cook first. I just hope they've already got someone lined up and they're not gambling. I would have been happy with Cook getting a 3-year deal.