+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Next Manager Odds Watch

Re: Next Manager Odds Watch

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I would be baffled by Mccarthy, he's not awful but it's hardly inspiring or progressive.

Similar to when Harris replaced Warnock I'd feel it fairly pointless and fear we would be back having the same discussion again in 12-18 months.

We aren't really that close to relegation at the moment that we need to panic.
    I wonder if the club still think it could make the playoffs?

Mick McCarthy

The only good thing I can think of regarding that appointment is that it would save me some £400 on next year's season ticket

Mick McCarthy? F*cks sake.

I have always liked Mick McCarthy - very strong personality, grounded and funny. I just don’t want him as the manager of my football club.

If McCarthy is appointed, I'll go into hibernation and not re-appear until he's gone. Dull, uninspiring, a complete disaster.

Surely Tan et al have to know McCarthy will not be a popular choice? And most likely not a good one.

Personally, I’d be happy with Pulis, Jokanovic or Pearson (I would have said Bilic, but he’s just gone to China).

However, an excellent combination would be Mark Hughes, with Bellamy as his assistant.

Both have enormous respect for each other, from working together at Blackburn and Wales.

Regardless what some think of Hughes, he has done very well at the smaller clubs he’s managed.

Took Blackburn to a top six finish, Stoke to three ninth place Premier League finishes in a row, and kept up a Southampton side most had written off for relegation.

Throw in his international experience with Wales and with them both being Welsh, dream ticket.

They also both have the standing to command respect in the changing room, and to entice players to come here.

Bellamy could learn the ropes off Hughes, and if and when the time was right, succeed him and Hughes move upstairs to become a Director of Football.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Surely Tan et al have to know McCarthy will not be a popular choice? And most likely not a good one.
    Wasn’t that what was said about Warnock?

Surely McCarthy ticks all the boxes? He’s available and would in all likelihood accept the job without having much money to spend, and plays a style of football that fits the philosophy of the club

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Wasn’t that what was said about Warnock?
    Don't think so, thought it was almost universally accepted we needed someone like him and would be good for us.

Might be remembering wrong.

Harris a lot of people weren't happy with.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    According to this, Mick McCarthy is the favourite! -
    https://www.thesackrace.com/news/21s...ce-neil-harris
    oh dear one or all of the gods no.

Just looked, McCarthy odds on. I'm not surprised with shite but that is shite.

If it’s Mick McCarthy on a 6 month role OK

But where’s the future planning. What actually is our plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    That’s fair.
    Well it all depends if you equate good management only in terms of trophies won. You only have to look at what's happened to Ipswich Town since Mick McCarthy left to realise that, with very little to spend in the transfer market, he did a very good job at that club.

However, I'd be far from excited by a McCarthy appointment here. I'd like to think that under him it wouldn't be quite as bad as full on Warnockball, but I'm fairly sure the football would be attritional, set piece orientated and pretty grim - as was mentioned earlier in the thread, City fans have had to watch some right dross for nearly a decade now, can't we have someone who tries to play an attractive brand of football please?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

As I refuse to pay any newspaper's paywall charges, I've not read the Telegraph article - does it say that McCarthy would only be a short term appointment?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    Personally, I’d be happy with Pulis, Jokanovic or Pearson (I would have said Bilic, but he’s just gone to China).

However, an excellent combination would be Mark Hughes, with Bellamy as his assistant.

Both have enormous respect for each other, from working together at Blackburn and Wales.

Regardless what some think of Hughes, he has done very well at the smaller clubs he’s managed.

Took Blackburn to a top six finish, Stoke to three ninth place Premier League finishes in a row, and kept up a Southampton side most had written off for relegation.

Throw in his international experience with Wales and with them both being Welsh, dream ticket.

They also both have the standing to command respect in the changing room, and to entice players to come here.

Bellamy could learn the ropes off Hughes, and if and when the time was right, succeed him and Hughes move upstairs to become a Director of Football.
    I like your take on Hughes & Bellamy I would be well happy with that set up.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

hopefully we plan to sack him

Please, please, PLEASE not McCarthy.

I will actually be so angry at our board if they choose him. Even if you could look into future and guarantee he would replicate the short term success Neil Warnock had I still wouldn’t want him.

Fed up of treading water.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    As I refuse to pay any newspaper's paywall charges, I've not read the Telegraph article - does it say that McCarthy would only be a short term appointment?
    Why do you refuse, out of interest? As someone who has had more experience of being a journo then the vast majority of the board, that surprised me.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    There’s no substance in the article whatsoever.

That one article is probably the sole reason why Mc Carthy is the favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    Surely McCarthy ticks all the boxes? He’s available and would in all likelihood accept the job without having much money to spend, and plays a style of football that fits the philosophy of the club
    ohhh get ****t....we don't have anything approaching a philosophy.

SuperBluebirds91

I’ve seen a lot of talk about wanting Bellamy. My personal opinion but he hasn’t got the experience and in all honesty I just wouldn’t want him. Great player for us but not managerial material at this time. I’d take Mick McCarthy over most of the mentioned managers. I mean he has a wealth of experience and can work well on a buget. It’s just whether we can afford him or whether we will have to go lower.

I cant believe one of Harris biggest critics and of our style is actually backing a Mick McMcarthy appointment.

Then theres another with Tony Pulis.

😂😂😂😂😂

I couldn't care less about the brand of football McCarthy would play its the voice and dour interviews that would drive me mad.

Oh for someone young and cool.