+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Next Manager Odds Watch

Re: Next Manager Odds Watch

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    You were the first poster in that thread to mention win percentages.
    I think someone else posted it first to be fair but Lewj was first to use it as a stick to beat Harris

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    J R got some front fair play to him.

He is the sort who talks the longest and believes that it wins the argument.
    As I said some months ago it was fairly black and white and easy to judge. Harris then went on an even worse downward spiral than even I had expected (you disappeared for most of it) and then resurface and make up things to try to salvage something from the wreckage.

Enjoy yourself JR. Trot the season ticket story out if you get bored. Harris is gone. You grasping at straws is not changing that.
    Rattled

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    You were the first poster in that thread to mention win percentages.
    I definitely wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Rattled
    Of course I am.

Your reaction on here tonight just makes it all the better.

Keep posting. It's hilarious.

Here we go. It's his sidekick.

Listen McCarthy would not be my first choice but he is a step up from Harris if it is him.
    As for comparing international teams with club football. They are very different.
    They are different but they were bloody awful, as were his Ipswich side. He lasted about 5 minutes at APOEL.

Mick Mc is not the answer, put it that way. I mean, come on! Nobody thought, oh goodie, we can sack Harris to get Mick McCarthy!

Of course I am.

Your reaction on here tonight just makes it all the better.

Keep posting. It's hilarious.

You’ve played yourself into a right corner here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    They are different but they were bloody awful, as were his Ipswich side. He lasted about 5 minutes at APOEL.
    Falling in line after JR have you a telling off earlier.

At least I stuck to one side. You changed from Harris in to Harris out in record time.

Enjoy it lads. Make up season ticket stories, say I'm a Mick McCarthy man and that I mentioned win percentages first. It does not change a thing.

Keep posting lads. The stage is yours. I'm bored but I.will have a fair few laughs at the posts that come in the near future I am sure.

Not a betting man but shirley worth a quid on Jurgen

You’ve played yourself into a right corner here.
    Talking longest doesn't win the argument JR.

He was garbage and proved it.

Chin up fella.

I definitely wasn't.
    Someone else posted the statistics for Harris's managerial career, but you were the one who started going on about his win percentage.

Chin up fella.
    ****ing hell that was quick. 2 minutes ago you was bored and off

Big Mick ffs

McCarthy is a fairly uninspiring appointment if true but what if he is brought in as a caretaker until the end of the season then becomes Director of Football with a young manager?

Falling in line after JR have you a telling off earlier.

At least I stuck to one side. You changed from Harris in to Harris out in record time.

Enjoy it lads. Make up season ticket stories, say I'm a Mick McCarthy man and that I mentioned win percentages first. It does not change a thing.

Keep posting lads. The stage is yours. I'm bored but I.will have a fair few laughs at the posts that come in the near future I am sure.
    I have been proven right re our ambition, there's a reason I didn't want Harris to get sacked at the first sign of trouble. Now, we had no choice. It's got the stage where his position was untenable. We all know that.

I don't think Mick McCarthy is the answer. Do you? Is he better than Harris? Potentially. Is he the best we could get? Absolutely not.

Chin up fella.
    He finished 5th and play offs with a fit squad. That’s not garbage.

Was unfortunate with key Injuries this year.

That’s football. He will come again I’m sure. Still only a young manager.

Mick McCarthy my arse - are Dave 'Harry' Basset or Big ****ing Ron in contention too.? Jesus wept

Nathan Blake is convinced that injuries weren't the main reason for our malaise in recent times. He said things went far deeper than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Nathan Blake is convinced that injuries weren't the main reason for our malaise in recent times. He said things went far deeper than that.
    They go far deeper than Neil Harris, as well. Not that he wasn't an issue, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    They go far deeper than Neil Harris, as well. Not that he wasn't an issue, of course.
    Indeed. Things are a mess from top to bottom. I expect we'll see how much of a mess things are in over the next few months.

Probably means the suits have started sticking their beak into team affairs this season.

Indeed. Things are a mess from top to bottom. I expect we'll see how much of a mess things are in over the next few months.
    If we do go for Mick, I hope he keeps us up (obviously!), he tells Dalman and Tan etc a few home truths, and use the rest of the season to sort some things out behind the scenes. If MM isn't here for the long run, perhaps he can actually speak his mind.

Probably means the suits have started sticking their beak into team affairs this season.
    He was talking about the players not being coached properly, basics not being done properly, not being motivated. He was furious that we kept leaving it until the second half when we were losing to start playing in games. I usually listen to the radio coverage of games and watch the official stream about 30 seconds later, probably because I want to know what's happening straight away and don't like the online commentary. Blakey was livid last night.

If he does come back then it will be with a lower league club and not a Championship side. Harris has created a team that mirrors the one in terms of league position and performances that got him sacked at Millwall

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    McCarthy is a fairly uninspiring appointment if true but what if he is brought in as a caretaker until the end of the season then becomes Director of Football with a young manager?
    What is sought after in a DoF role? Contacts within the game, forward thinking and capability to ensure a good plan comes to fruition, good communication, good record in transfer market, builds good relationships with different managers and different roles within the club...

How does McCarthy fill those? I do agree that caretaker to secure our footing in this league is needed though, and then Tan to put up quite a bit of money to fill in positional needs due to holes in squad and to improve our midfield also.

Re: DoF, I'd much rather Bellamy become our DoF and build a philosophy over 5 years rather than our manager for 3 years max.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    If he does come back then it will be with a lower league club and not a Championship side. Harris has created a team that mirrors the one in terms of league position and performances that got him sacked at Millwall

Some people can't see it, go back to what Millwall fans said about him and they are spot on and that's with them giving him the benefit of the doubt as a fans favourite.

I'd say covid lockdown helped us we came back fitter than most and did well, Harris messed it up in the play offs with Pack and cost us. He had a chance to push on, we paid fees while other teams didn't and instead of kicking on we have gone backwards even more than I could predict and my opinion of Harris was very low from day one.

I would be baffled by Mccarthy, he's not awful but it's hardly inspiring or progressive.

Similar to when Harris replaced Warnock I'd feel it fairly pointless and fear we would be back having the same discussion again in 12-18 months.

We aren't really that close to relegation at the moment that we need to panic.