+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Someone advise Tan correctly this time.

Someone advise Tan correctly this time.

Before the previous managers drove down Leckwith Road , the current board members had never even heard of them. Admittedly , Warnock turned the club around getting promotion against the odds. The only problem was, he was way out of his depth and duly kept up his record of never keeping a team up in the Premier League. Then East Ender was appointed,a choice which was disappointing to most Cardiff fans. He had a good go last season, but like Warnock, was soon found out and after the recent run of results , everyone knew what was going to be inevitable. Whoever the club uses to get the managers in the club, please get it right this time. The long suffering ,faithful fans ,deserve better.

Re: Someone advise Tan correctly this time.

I vote for Bobby Dandruff.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I vote for Bobby Dandruff.
    At least I spotted that Harris wasn’t up to it months ago. Like most people. Apart from you, which must be pretty embarrassing.

Anyway, I suppose that it just confirms that you aren’t the man for the job either

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    At least I spotted that Harris wasn’t up to it months ago. Like most people. Apart from you, which must be pretty embarrassing.

Anyway, I suppose that it just confirms that you aren’t the man for the job either
    Bobby is the 'Leader'

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Bobby is the 'Leader'
    I DO have my FA Level 1 coaching badge. Does that count?

Dennis, you can be Director of Football.

No doubt you will moan continually, as you have done over the last 18 months, no matter who gets appointed.

I DO have my FA Level 1 coaching badge. Does that count?

Dennis, you can be Director of Football.
    I reckon we'd sort it Bob, in all honesty

The only person who's advised Tan correctly in recent years is his mum.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Before the previous managers drove down Leckwith Road , the current board members had never even heard of them. Admittedly , Warnock turned the club around getting promotion against the odds. The only problem was, he was way out of his depth and duly kept up his record of never keeping a team up in the Premier League. Then East Ender was appointed,a choice which was disappointing to most Cardiff fans. He had a good go last season, but like Warnock, was soon found out and after the recent run of results , everyone knew what was going to be inevitable. Whoever the club uses to get the managers in the club, please get it right this time. The long suffering ,faithful fans ,deserve better.
    Why do you think Swansea seem to get it right time and again ?
    Owners who have no football knowledge but a board advisor named Alan Curtis who has been at the club for many years.
    Dalman, move out so we can get a DOF in at senior level

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Owners who have no football knowledge but a board advisor named Alan Curtis who has been at the club for many years.
    I don't see what was wrong with Harris's credentials at the time of appointment? It was less of a risk than Steve Cooper.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I don't see what was wrong with Harris's credentials at the time of appointment? It was less of a risk than Steve Cooper.
    But they knew exactly what they wanted and probably laid it out at interview time.
    It’s not as simple as “we want promotion, go and get it”.
    Harris’s credentials would have shown us exactly what to expect.

Why would Dalman have to move out so we can get a DOF in?

Board Chair and Director of Football are two completely different roles.

In a few cases they are combined, but usually not. Both are important.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Just to piss us off?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Why would Dalman have to move out so we can get a DOF in?

Board Chair and Director of Football are two completely different roles.

In a few cases they are combined, but usually not. Both are important.
    If Choo is the MD what does Dalman actually do ?

He looks good in an expensive suit. Every club needs someone like that.

If vote for Bobby over many of the Harris fans on here.

Unbelievably some are still arguing his case.

I'd also probably take Bobby over the fun boy three to pick the new guy too.

Does Tan pay him for anything? What does he do?

Its not an easy gig being the font of all football knowledge.

Someone did advise Tan correctly a few times as we were promoted twice with those managers , its the after party we have a problem with .

Warnock's highs as a manager were higher than Harris' but his lows (big spending, long contracts, dire football) were lower than Harris' lows also.

A disappointing choice - why? If we had a DoF they would have brought in someone similar to Warnock but looking to improve our playing style, improve our dealings in the market and improve our use of the academy while still making us competitive. Harris managed 50% of that well and for a period of time managed 75% of it. Harris was the right choice at the time, but it also right to part ways with him now.

The next manager should be given the same brief as Harris but hopefully will be a little more tactically astute; they will face many of the same difficulties as Harris due to wasted resources over 10 years* and the low moments from Warnock's time here; and they will have a lot easier time of it if we don't reject them straight away or refuse to accept that maybe, just maybe, they're capable of developing as managers as players are capable of developing also so their reputation at previous club is not everything.

*and yet I would still argue that Tan's running of the club has not been the main issue over the past two years.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Have you compared their CVs? One of them worked at Millwall the other worked at Liverpool and England.

Here starteth the problem....

I'd like to point out that on this message board I was suggesting Graham potter when he was at ostersunds, Ralf hassnhuutl when he was still at Ingolstadt and Bielsa when he was a free agent a long time before he went to Leeds, so I'd happily give Vinnie some pointers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I reckon we'd sort it Bob, in all honesty
    Done

We can have Hilts as Head of Recruitment and dml1954 as Team Psychologist. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    If vote for Bobby over many of the Harris fans on here.

Unbelievably some are still arguing his case.

I'd also probably take Bobby over the fun boy three to pick the new guy too.
    For that you can be my Head of Football Analytics.

Will you be giving up your season ticket when you are manager?